Wouldn't this be nice to have in your driveway...

Problem is that in MA even with a state of the art range like that you still need a sizeable piece of property in order to use it legally.

Other then that, yup it would be cool to have.

Problem is that in MA even with a state of the art range like that you still need a sizeable piece of property in order to use it legally.

Wouldn't it be considered an indoor range at that point and not fall under the requirements of the 500' rule? Or because it is above ground it still falls under the same restrictions?

in regards to it being an indoor range i am sure it is not. there is bound to be a long list of prerequisites for a building to be a legal range. and i am guessing one of them is a foundation. so roll that thing into the middle of a field and you got yourself a party. park it in your driveway and leave 200 bucks for bail with your mama cuz you'll be heading to the brig.

in regards to it being an indoor range i am sure it is not. there is bound to be a long list of prerequisites for a building to be a legal range. and i am guessing one of them is a foundation. so roll that thing into the middle of a field and you got yourself a party. park it in your driveway and leave 200 bucks for bail with your mama cuz you'll be heading to the brig.

can you back that up with citation?

That's awesome... and after shooting in your driveway we can go over to my driveway!!!! (i wish)[video]http://flash.screeniac.com/pub-test/pub-test.html[/video]

spaceball.gif

I met one of the kids you is one of there "trainers" he was like 22-23 and was a "trainer" for like 5-6 differents things. "combat pistol" "CQB" "basic and advanced pistol" and some other nonsense stuff that ass seemed very "tactical" and super cool. He was going through the reserve police academy at the time to be a asst. harbormaster. He said that the harbormaster was sending him a special course with the navy to learn VBSS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visit,_Board,_Search,_and_Seizure
Not exactly the most stable character so that sorta explains why they might be selling the business

Last edited:

How do you figure?
I'm figuring I live in the People's Republik of Mass, I wouldn't be willing to bet my life savings that your local gestapo would consider it a legal indoor range. But if you've got the $$$ and you feel frisky have at it. I'll donate a few bucks to your legal defense fund.
I will add that you are correct in so much as my initial statement that it would be unlawful to use in your driveway without proper distances spelled out for discharging a firearm is debatable. However I stand by my gut feeling that nothing but trouble will come to the subject that tries it.

Wouldn't it be considered an indoor range at that point and not fall under the requirements of the 500' rule? Or because it is above ground it still falls under the same restrictions?
See above.

Last edited:
I cant open the pics where I am right now, but if its the one I think its owed by a LEO down my way, he would bring it to PDs for there quals. I think he just retired, nice guy he taught a class at the Reserve Academy.

Back
Top Bottom