would I need to change residence?

Hello everyone, Im new here and I had a question. I have my class A unrestricted and a few handguns. The license was issued in my home town, which is my "legal residence". My taxes, pay checks, mail, and drivers license all area at this address. However I take classes in Boston and share an apartment. Because of the class schedule and internships, the percentage of time I spend at the apartment varies. I just wanted to know if I need to inform the police chief before I start bringing my pistol in to the city for periods of time? I will be moving out in August (NH asap!). Does anyone know the legal side of this? Thanks guys!

If you have a class A unrestricted license, you don't have to inform any chief if you want to carry in Boston. Your license wasn't issued in Boston, correct?

Hello everyone, Im new here and I had a question. I have my class A unrestricted and a few handguns. The license was issued in my home town, which is my "legal residence". My taxes, pay checks, mail, and drivers license all area at this address. However I take classes in Boston and share an apartment. Because of the class schedule and internships, the percentage of time I spend at the apartment varies. I just wanted to know if I need to inform the police chief before I start bringing my pistol in to the city for periods of time? I will be moving out in August (NH asap!). Does anyone know the legal side of this? Thanks guys!

You are fine. in the case of school, your official residence doesn't have to be based on time spent there and is more tied to intention to be permanent, which you obviously don't have. As for NH, just inform MA you have left via a COA form and stop carrying/possessing in MA firearms/ammo/etc until you apply for and get a MA non-resident LTC.

...The license was issued in my home town, which is my "legal residence". My taxes, pay checks, mail, and drivers license all area at this address...I just wanted to know if I need to inform the police chief before I start bringing my pistol in to the city for periods of time?...

Welcome to NES! There is no requirement to inform anyone unless/until you officially change your residence.

Sweet! thank you guys! That is what I figured but I would hate to lose my precious LTC over a stupid technicality. Thanks again guys!

Im well aware I can carry anywhere, How ever the storage of weapons and ammo is where I was foggy. Especially because Boston isnt exactly firearm friendly.

Back
Top Bottom