• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Good morning everyone. I have question regarding shooting steel in the small pit at the club. Do you bring your own, including stand, and what are the recommendation, as far as how many, and proper setup and use? I have never had the privilege of shooting steel and it seems like a great way to pick up some new skills. Plus, it would be nice to try something other than punching holes in paper. Thank you Pete

Hi Pete. Shooting steel in the "action pit" is great and is a safe area. I bring my own stands and steel. Usually three steel stands, but you can bring as many as you like. Just put them close to the berm. Keep a safe distance and you're good to go.

Here is thread about steel stands and shows my stands.

Jay

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/332277-Target-Stand-Recommendations

Thank you. It looks like it is a lot fun to do. Time to buy some steel. Pete

SON OF A *****

Forgot all about renewing, looks like I no longer have a place to shoot! How long is the waiting list now?

Question for members or anyone in the know... On the 9th of this month there is some training going at the club, short barreled revolver and basic pistol. What part of the club is impacted? Thanks Pete

Hi Pete. An answer should be coming soon as to which ranges will be effected during the training. Usually it states on the website calendar, these must have slipped through without it.

Jay

Hi Pete. An answer should be coming soon as to which ranges will be effected during the training. Usually it states on the website calendar, these must have slipped through without it.

Jay
I found these codes:

IR – Indoor Range
OP – Outdoor Pistol
MR – Meeting Room
AP – Action Pistol
RR – Rifle Range

But the events on the calendar don't seem to use them. Is there a way to find out when the pistol ranges are being used?

I found these codes:

IR – Indoor Range
OP – Outdoor Pistol
MR – Meeting Room
AP – Action Pistol
RR – Rifle Range

But the events on the calendar don't seem to use them. Is there a way to find out when the pistol ranges are being used?

They are working on incorporating those codes into the online calendar for training/events. It's just not there yet......[wink]

Jay

Membership renewal letters for '18-'19 have been sent out. Contact the Membership Chairman if you haven't received your form within a few days or so. His contact info is on the WPRC web site Officers - Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

FYI - there are approximately 50-60 applications for new members. All membership applications are taking in the order/date received. If you or someone you know would like to join the club in the spring, fill out an application and get it in.

Jay

Hi,
I want to join WPR again. I used to be a member but decided to try another club so I could take advantage of the archery and fishing pond for my kids. Well, that didn't pan out as I expected/wanted and I want to come back to WPR. I know I will be added to the waiting list...no worries, but I wanted to see if I could use any of you guys as a sponsor for the application. Thanks in Advance, Jim

Hi,
I want to join WPR again. I used to be a member but decided to try another club so I could take advantage of the archery and fishing pond for my kids. Well, that didn't pan out as I expected/wanted and I want to come back to WPR. I know I will be added to the waiting list...no worries, but I wanted to see if I could use any of you guys as a sponsor for the application. Thanks in Advance, Jim

The sponsor is not required. I originally joined in 2011, but let my membership lapse in 2014. I rejoined for 2017. I did not have a sponsor.

Can someone confirm if a sponsor is needed or not? It’s still part of the application.

PM sent. As membership renewal has to be renewed by March 1st 2018, all potential new members are invited on a first come first in type basis "waiting list" that goes by when the Membership Chairman receives it.

There is usually 75 or so on the waiting list per year. Will know the exact count ten days from now.

Jay

Good reminder time. Yearly membership is due by March 1st 2018. Only ten days away.

Non members can come to the monthly business meeting which is Thursday March 1st at 7PM. At the beginning of the meeting, they will ask if there are any guests, just raise your hand, they'll ask your name, say welcome, and then proceed with the meeting.

Feel free to check out the facilities and meet members.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom