• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

last year i'm pretty sure they took EVERYONE in that was on the waiting list because it was only 50 people or so. send in your app...show up to orientation with a cheque and you'll likely walk out with a key fob to the front gate.

see you at the firing line :D

Is there a calendar of events published somewhere? I went to the club on Monday, but it seems the pistol team has the indoor range reserved Monday evenings. I couldn't find a schedule anywhere.

Also, is "3/1 GM" a members meeting?

Is there a calendar of events published somewhere? I went to the club on Monday, but it seems the pistol team has the indoor range reserved Monday evenings. I couldn't find a schedule anywhere.

Also, is "3/1 GM" a members meeting?

Yes, the website calendar needs some updating with events, but from what I recall:

The first Thursday of the month is a General Meeting in the club house starting at 7PM
The second Sunday of the month is the Work Party starting at 08:00
Monday evenings is the Pistol Team competition starting at 6PM (?) using the indoor range.

Side Note: As March 1st is the deadline for membership renewal, you can count on a few dates in the near future for new member orientation that uses club meeting room and sometimes overflows to the indoor range as a waiting / processing area.

Jay

I just sent my renewal info in and realized that I have not gone a single time since renewing last year. Since having two kids range time has been nonexistent...can't wait until they are old enough to shoot! I probably wouldn't recognize the place...

I just sent my renewal info in and realized that I have not gone a single time since renewing last year. Since having two kids range time has been nonexistent...can't wait until they are old enough to shoot! I probably wouldn't recognize the place...
On behalf of the active members................thank you for your contribution :)

This must be why on weekdays I can be the only one there or maybe one or two others even though there’s around 900 members......

Just sent in my new member application. There was no amount on it so no Check enclosed.
Will happily pay when/If I get accepted without a sponsor.
No next steps outlines so just hoping I hear back in some form.

Hi,
I put in the application and I got a reply that I must still fill out 3 references or one from a member. Anyone willing to meet up real quick? I will buy you a beer and a burger near the club (other place pub or place of your choice) or I can even come to the club to show you I'm of sound mind. [smile]

Thanks in Advance,
Jim

Thanks to the Membership crew and club President for the picture of the inside five lane - 50 foot range packed with new members.

g5wjyP1.jpg

Does anyone have a contact for the pistol team? I went on Monday hoping to ask, but nobody was there. (The trip was not wasted - I bought a pistol and found something to do with it )

It was my understanding that they ran the Pistol matches from September through May, then take the summer off. I have the persons name who runs it, but not his contact info. All good people who run and participate. I'll try and get an answer to PM to you.

What time did you go Monday night?

If you go the website you will see a tab for "Officers". Most have email links by their names and very responsive to the needs of members.

Officers - Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club
Jay

It was my understanding that they ran the Pistol matches from September through May, then take the summer off. I have the persons name who runs it, but not his contact info. All good people who run and participate. I'll try and get an answer to PM to you.

What time did you go Monday night?

If you go the website you will see a tab for "Officers". Most have email links by their names and very responsive to the needs of members.

Officers - Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club
Jay
I got there around 7. I was there a few weeks ago and they were there and said I should join. Since I now have an appropriate pistol (Ruger Mark I), I made the four minute drive from my house.

Very happy to be in! I cant wait to start attending this club. I loved my old club but the rules have gotten a bit too silly lately (no rapid fire, can only bring 1 guest, no steel targets, etc.).
Met some great people during the process. I hope to attend some competitions and take some classes there too but time will be a huge factor for that.

Is the club currently accepting new members at this time? I’ve been shooting at Mass Firearms school for a bit, but am looking for a club that is closer to home & has both an indoor & outdoor range. I’ll be mailing in my application tomorrow, but due to the fact I don’t have a sponsor I’m assuming I’ll be pretty low on the priority list.

Is the club currently accepting new members at this time? I’ve been shooting at Mass Firearms school for a bit, but am looking for a club that is closer to home & has both an indoor & outdoor range. I’ll be mailing in my application tomorrow, but due to the fact I don’t have a sponsor I’m assuming I’ll be pretty low on the priority list.

They won't accept new members until spring of next year at the membership meeting.

If you want a sponsor, come with me to the range sometime in the next few weeks and I'll show you around. Bring some guns and show me you're not going to be a liability and i'll sponsor you. Bring something rifle and something pistol...I don't care if they're .22's, I just want to see safe handling and immediate actions.

It's a great club and nobody really bothers you as long as you're not being a douche...and even then I've seen some guys get away with stuff that other ranges would lose their shit over. I just wish the rifle range was longer, but I hear their are plans in the works to extend it in the coming years.

I'm at the range a few times a week, but I typically like having the place all to myself when possible (I'm admittedly an introvert when it comes to range time and couldn't really give a shit what anyone else is doing as long as they're leaving me alone to shoot) but would be willing to let you tag along a few times to check the place out and get some use out of it before you sign up.

Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom