Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

Ashamed to say I haven't been there since they put them up. I plan on heading over within the next week.

Today was my first time at the club (and shooting) in well over a year... place looks great! My first time seeing the new gate.

I'll continue to renew in hopes that I will find more time to shoot.

Today was my first time at the club (and shooting) in well over a year... place looks great! My first time seeing the new gate.

I'll continue to renew in hopes that I will find more time to shoot.

They have plans in the works for some outdoor improvements such as a better access over the stream on the rifle range, rebuilding the shooting enclosures, and more.

Jay

Ok, thanks. I thought the IDPA matches were on the second saturday of the month and the practices were the Sunday before. Oh wait, this is the second Saturday of the month! Regardless, I'd like to attend one of the practices and get to know some of the folks who do the IDPA, I'm interested in trying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok, thanks. I thought the IDPA matches were on the second saturday of the month and the practices were the Sunday before. Oh wait, this is the second Saturday of the month! Regardless, I'd like to attend one of the practices and get to know some of the folks who do the IDPA, I'm interested in trying it.

I've met a few of the members that shoot IDPA at WPRC. Very helpful nice people. Just let them know you are new to IDPA and they will get up to speed. I haven't shot IDPA, but the equipment requirements appear to be quite modest and they seem to emphasize skill and safety over equipment. Just my observation.

Like you, it is one of my goals this year to try.

They also post matches on NES under the Pistol Competition section.

Jay

Last edited:

I spend the day yesterday shooting my first IDPA, it was a blast. Everyone is really helpful and friendly, the main focus is on safety and the SO's are really easy to talk to and learn from. I was kinda nervous about shooting our first stage (which happened to be in the dark, inside!) but the SO made it really easy for me. As the day went on, all the guys in our group started to get to know each other and made it a very enjoyable day.

I will say that i learned alot with regards to how bad of a shooter i am under the stress of competition. I cant imagine what happens under a real threat! You have a plan until the buzzer goes off and then god only knows what happens to the sights, haha. You will find the trigger, but the sights seemed to disappear on me until about the 3rd stage! All in all the experience will make me a better shooter i'm sure because now i think i have a better focus on what to do with my dry fire training and also with live fire. I have been shooting for 30 years, the last 5 carrying, and my range training was a few move and shoot drills and some fire at targets for bullseye. Not very effective. The stages yesterday gave me a whole new way of training. Now i will use the timer with dry fire and at the range. Lots of fun, and after the first couple stages you will get the bugs out. The next practice is Super Bowl Sunday FYI.

Update from tonight's monthly meeting regarding your question. Yes, the end of December will be the time the renewal letters go out. Existing members will have until April 7th 2016 to renew or their membership will be dropped and put to back of the waiting list. As stated before each year there are people who, for whatever reason, don't rejoin which frees up room for the people on the waiting list. I think last year, there was well over 50 new members who joined.

Presently, there are only 27 people on the waiting list. As they take new members based on when the application date it is received, I would send in you application as soon as possible.

Good club, good people, highly recommend.

Jay

Presently there are now 65 applications on the waiting list. Get your application in as soon as possible as spring is just around the corner.

Quoting myself is like talking in the 3rd person, but saves in typing.....[wink]

Jay

Monthly meeting tonight at 7pm

Membership update (from what I can remember). Tonight was the last day for existing members to renew. There are now enough available slots that everyone on the waiting should have been contacted to attend one of the two "orientation" sessions this month. After the "orientation" sessions, potential new members will be voted in during the May Business Meeting.

Jay

Membership update (from what I can remember). Tonight was the last day for existing members to renew. There are now enough available slots that everyone on the waiting should have been contacted to attend one of the two "orientation" sessions this month. After the "orientation" sessions, potential new members will be voted in during the May Business Meeting.

Jay

should i even bother with an application now or too late?

My dad sent in his renewal but hadn't received anything back yet. Is there someone I can check with regarding whether the renewal was received?

Thanks!
Jon

Is it too late to get a application in? Really dropped the ball on this. Time has been flying by lately for me. Is there someone I can contact, I can mail my application out first thing monday.

the indoor range on wed may 4 to thur may 5 will be close from starts on may 4 at 5pm until may 5, 7pm. needs to be close for 26 hours, maintenance on the indoor range.

on may wed may 4 to thur may 5 THE INDDOR RANGE WILL BE CLOSED FROM 5 PM TO 7 PM, do to maintenance needs to close for 26 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

sat may 7 from 330 to 530 the outdoor range is close.

Presently, there are under 20 people on the waiting list. As they take new members based on when the application date it is received, I would send in you application as soon as possible. New membership is around the April time frame. While it is a way's off, time seems to go by quickly. If you are considering a new club, put in an application. Good club, good people, highly recommend. Being a GOAL member is a requirement (makes perfect logical sense to me)

Yes, I know it says on http://www.wprclub.com/ that membership is full and they are not accepting applications, but that web page will be corrected.

While on the waiting list, you can still come for IDPA matches, practices or Pin shoots. Very friendly environment to check out.

Jay

Nice job on the indoor range floor. Whoever did it, it came out nice. Looks like it should last quiet a while, especially since no cars will be on it.[wink] Thank you.

Jay

indoor_floor_2016_zpsvmyfrute.jpg

on oct 12 wed the indoor range will 2 to 7 pm to working on the lighting.

Looks like there was a lighting upgrade already? No more need to bring a flashlight for dark region about 10 yards out :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom