• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club

They won't accept new members until spring of next year at the membership meeting.

If you want a sponsor, come with me to the range sometime in the next few weeks and I'll show you around. Bring some guns and show me you're not going to be a liability and i'll sponsor you. Bring something rifle and something pistol...I don't care if they're .22's, I just want to see safe handling and immediate actions.

It's a great club and nobody really bothers you as long as you're not being a douche...and even then I've seen some guys get away with stuff that other ranges would lose their shit over. I just wish the rifle range was longer, but I hear their are plans in the works to extend it in the coming years.

I'm at the range a few times a week, but I typically like having the place all to myself when possible (I'm admittedly an introvert when it comes to range time and couldn't really give a shit what anyone else is doing as long as they're leaving me alone to shoot) but would be willing to let you tag along a few times to check the place out and get some use out of it before you sign up.

Let me know.

I would love to tag along if you don’t mind. I’m also an introvert so I get it. Right now I only shoot pistols, so I don’t have a rifle to bring. I fully intend on learning, but I wanted to make sure I was very comfortable with the handguns before I made that investment. I currently own a Sig P320 & Glock 26. I’d gladly purchase your ammo for the session as a thank you. Just let me know when you plan on going & hopefully I can make it happen with my work schedule.

Get Outlook for iOS

no need to purchase ammo...i make my own :D

thank you for the offer though...it speaks volumes about your character.

like I said, I go a few times a week. finding a time to go within the next week or two won't be a problem on my end. i rarely bring pistols aside from my CCW, so will likely have some rifles to show you basic range procedures with.

don't get me wrong, i'm generally a people person. i typically have an agenda when i go to the range though. practicing, working up a load for accuracy with a particular rifle, testing out a new modification to see if i come home with all 10 fingers...that sort of thing. people that bother me most are guys that walk around picking up my brass as i'm shooting...lol. one of these days i'll smarten up and build a brass catcher.

I'm Mike, btw...Dakar is my motorcycle...well, one of them.

We'll be in touch.

no need to purchase ammo...i make my own :D

thank you for the offer though...it speaks volumes about your character.

like I said, I go a few times a week. finding a time to go within the next week or two won't be a problem on my end. i rarely bring pistols aside from my CCW, so will likely have some rifles to show you basic range procedures with.

don't get me wrong, i'm generally a people person. i typically have an agenda when i go to the range though. practicing, working up a load for accuracy with a particular rifle, testing out a new modification to see if i come home with all 10 fingers...that sort of thing. people that bother me most are guys that walk around picking up my brass as i'm shooting...lol. one of these days i'll smarten up and build a brass catcher.

I'm Mike, btw...Dakar is my motorcycle...well, one of them.

We'll be in touch.

If you’re willing to teach, I’m more than willing to learn. Again I really appreciate it.

Wanna go tonight for a few hours? I got a new one too :D

Damn it. I would love to, but I have to work till 7 then heading right up to Cabela’s to pick up my shotgun. (Wife said I can’t pick it up tomorrow cause I have too much shit to do lol). Just in case I can work a miracle what time are you thinking?

No way i could get there in time tonight. Hopefully I can get there with you soon. I’ll send you a text with my #. What did you get for a new toy?

I'm in no way part of the people who are doing the hard work in designing and constructing the new outdoor rifle stands. Major thanks to the entire WPRC Officers for bringing this project to reality.

New outdoor shooting stands under construction pictures.

Jay

Opx9Oa3.jpg

dKx9MWs.jpg

IjApLTl.jpg

HNWUOeQ.jpg

Thankfully they're doing that while I'm down in NC on annual training...just in time for me to utilize when I get back though :D

I took someone there to shoot a few weeks ago before I left and had no idea what was going on.

Any idea why they had the big trench?

Anyway...i'd like to add my appreciation for this as well. the old ones were fine by me, but updates are always welcome.

Thankfully they're doing that while I'm down in NC on annual training...just in time for me to utilize when I get back though :D

I took someone there to shoot a few weeks ago before I left and had no idea what was going on.

Any idea why they had the big trench?

Anyway...i'd like to add my appreciation for this as well. the old ones were fine by me, but updates are always welcome.

I think the trench you observed was for electric conduit from the club house to the shooting stands, but I could be wrong on that.

The old shooting stands had some "issues", most obvious were some roofing problems from a few storms ago. So, the club officers went with the replacement/update route compared to just patching together the old ones.

Jay

Looks great! Still haven't been yet this year, shame on me. I barely recognize the place each time I visit.

Wow that looks awesome! Had no idea they were building that. I'm not a member but I attend their IDPA matches - haven't been there since February but I'll be there on Saturday.

WPR propagates the "due process does not count" mindset by asking "have you ever been arrested or charged...?", not "Are you under indictment or have a conviction on your record?" on the membership application.

WPR propagates the "due process does not count" mindset by asking "have you ever been arrested or charged...?", not "Are you under indictment or have a conviction on your record?" on the membership application.

Feel free to bring it up at any monthly meeting you attend. The club officers listen to everyone's concerns.

Jay

Feel free to bring it up at any monthly meeting you attend. The club officers listen to everyone's concerns.

Jay
I would if they did that at my club. I'm just an outsider making an observation. It is interesting to see clubs do things we complain about the state doing.

Hipocracies I have seen at gun clubs:

Use an arrest without conviction against an LTC applicant? .... Outrageous!!!
Ask a gun club applicant about arrests not resulting in conviction ... No problem

Get a restricted permit so you cannot carry loaded in public .... How dare the chief do that!!!
Be told never to carry a loaded gun on club property... No problem

Magazine capacity limit .... My rights are being violated !!!
Club rule limiting loading to 5, 6 or 10 rounds .... No problem​

Get the idea?

If one respects "innocent until proven guilty" and charges that have been disposed of without a guilty finding are of no concern.

ps: I was personally involved in getting #2 and #3 above removed from the Hopkinton club rules a couple of decades ago. We never had #1 so that did not need correction. I have a LONG history of doing exactly as you suggest. I remember sitting down with ElPrez at his dining room table (long before his elevation to that post) as he was the rules committee and we drafted what is the basis for the current range rules.

Try the bowling pin shoots...they're a lot of fun!

Agreed. Always a good time. They run for Sept. Oct. and November. Check the calender for exact dates. You don't have to be a member to shot the Pin matches.

I definitely will! The IDPA practice looks good too-- I'm going to try and find out if I can just come in and observe before I'm considered for membership (which is sadly many many months away).

The IDPA practice is open to everybody also. If you just want to observe, remember eye and ear protection. Bring your weapon in case you want to join in. Very friendly people run it. Just introduce yourself and it's your first time, they will give you all the info you need.

There are currently around 40 people on the wait list, if that is of interest to you. It's really not that bad of a wait list.

You can come by the monthly business meeting the first Thursday of the month at 7:00PM. They usually ask if there is any guests in the audience. You can just say you're on the wait list and wanted to check it out. Again no big deal. Around 30 people show up to the meetings. It is upstairs in the conference room.

Jay

Planning on going to the business meeting next Thursday with at least one of my (grown) sons so we can say hello. My membership at Mass Firearms is just about up and I really need to consider a closer range— 62 miles round trip each week is a lot of driving.

Back
Top Bottom