Worcester cop arrested for home invasion, released on $500 bail

She better watch her back.
This guy has some serious issues.
The fact he's getting special treatment will just encourage his behavour.
Remey was the perfect example.

Actually, it is her boyfriend who needs to watch his back. The entire Worcester PD will be gunning for him.

Its time for urban PDs to come out of the closet and show us their gang hand signs. Im tired of wondering and guessing.

Yes they would and especially if they had any means to support any possible flight.

There have been cases of far lesser gravity posted on this board where the person was held on hundreds of thousands of dollars bail, or without bail.

Years ago I was falsely accused and falsely arrested for something that had nothing to do with committing violence on someone and had a bail set at 100 times what this cops was.....don't even tell me some animals are not more equal than others. Cops get special treatment the majority of the time no matter their crime.

Usually because they have no criminal records and are not flight risks. Bail is not a punishment but a way to guarantee a suspect in a crime will appear in court.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Every person in that town should be banging on the police stations door demanding that this officer be fired. PERIOD !!

If the boyfriend had heard the commotion, been armed, and shot the invader dead......let's see.....

Arrested, no bail, charged with 1st degree, discharging a weapon, and anything else the DA could make up

If I was the boyfriend, I wouldn't go within 10 miles of Worcester - EVER AGAIN.

Wow $500 bail for a home invasion. The perp is clearly unstable. I hope the judge is ok with that ruling if the guy goes after his ex and kills her...

StevensMarksman

What does the judge care..... no liability hanging on his head.
I'm curious even though he looses his job he still will have a pension correct? Does the police pension fund declare once your fired your pension ends.... you take what's in your account and transfer it to a fund of choice . Or does the pension sit and grow until his retirement age and he still gets paid?

I'm curious even though he looses his job he still will have a pension correct? Does the police pension fund declare once your fired your pension ends.... you take what's in your account and transfer it to a fund of choice . Or does the pension sit and grow until his retirement age and he still gets paid?

What should happen is the pension gets put back into the city budget. Why is there no public outrage over this?

- - - Updated - - -

True but, one would hope that he/she has a conscience.

StevensMarksman

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..A judge with a conscience really! wait...maybe the DA has one..WAIT ...NOPE

my local LEO had something similar to this a few years ago
basically he was charged with stalking & got fired from his post for his actions
he then landed a job with the sheriffs dept passing out summons

I know that there are members of some police force reading this thread and some of them are Worcester Police Officers. I would like to ready their opinion of this incident. I am betting that there are a lot of WPD officers that are not happy with the way he is being treated. They understand that this makes them all look badly in the eyes of many, even though that is unjustified. So please, to any law enforcement officer, step forward and let us know what you think. Give us your opinion. And yes, you are probably going to get crap for speaking up but your opinion needs to be part of this thread.

Or she figures that would just make it worse.
Which unfortunately is probably true.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that there are members of some police force reading this thread and some of them are Worcester Police Officers. I would like to ready their opinion of this incident. I am betting that there are a lot of WPD officers that are not happy with the way he is being treated. They understand that this makes them all look badly in the eyes of many, even though that is unjustified. So please, to any law enforcement officer, step forward and let us know what you think. Give us your opinion. And yes, you are probably going to get crap for speaking up but your opinion needs to be part of this thread.
See post 27

If hes fired, he will lose his pension. If he retires before this mess gets to court, he will be able to keep whatever he has now. I see a murder/ suicide in his future personally.

Usually because they have no criminal records and are not flight risks. Bail is not a punishment but a way to guarantee a suspect in a crime will appear in court.

Yes, I know what bail is for and in most cases involving a home invasion and assault and battery, it would be set high, if at all.

I have no criminal record either, nor did I have the means to flee. Besides, I had nothing to flee for, I was completely innocent of the charges against me, and they had nothing to do with home invasion, terroristic threats or assault and battery on another person.
The prosecutor couldn't get the words out of her filthy mouth fast enough to dismiss all charges at the arraignment. My bail was still set way higher than this clown's..this case is a F'ing joke!

This azzhole forced his way into another's home while it was occupied, beat the shit out of a guy, threatened to murder him, was armed and wearing a police uniform to boot. The fact that he was in uniform begs a charge of abuse of authority under the color of law, that's a federal felony up to fifteen years.

Last edited by a moderator:

HAHAHA ok you can wake up now

Better chance of growing a 3rd arm than this occurring.

LEO's know to STFU.....they just get mad when we follow the same policy.

I was under the impression it had to do with the how likely the defendant would re offend as well. I guess this shows how wrong I am...

I was under the impression it had to do with the how likely the defendant would re offend as well. I guess this shows how wrong I am...

I'm not an expert on court proceedings, but I think there is also something called a dangerousness hearing (?) That is used to deny bail. I think without this hearing, all they can consider is what the chances are that the defendant will flee prosecution.

If he is judged to be a threat, bail will just be denied and not raised to an astronomical sum.

What screening process would you apply to determine someones actions in 15 years or so from the time of screening?

Good point. However it raises the question of remaining competent throughout a persons career. People who run potentially dangerous equipment and engage in other life threatening or life saving professions have to be re certified many times. A behavioral re certification would go a hell of a long way in weeding out the bad apples our boys in blue insist there are so few of...

Good point. However it raises the question of remaining competent throughout a persons career. People who run potentially dangerous equipment and engage in other life threatening or life saving professions have to be re certified many times. A behavioral re certification would go a hell of a long way in weeding out the bad apples our boys in blue insist there are so few of...

Maybe someone should look at hes file

Back
Top Bottom