• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Worcester cop arrested for home invasion, released on $500 bail

William Stout, 44, posted $500 bail after he turned himself in to the Northborough Police on Wednesday at 10 p.m., news partner The MetroWest Daily News reports.

According to a police report filed in Westborough District Court on Thursday, the veteran Worcester police officer went to his ex-wife’s Shady Lane home on June 17 and began banging on the door, yelling to be let in while yelling profanities.

The report said his ex-wife would not let him and Stout forced a kitchen window screen in and climbed through the window.

"According to (the ex-wife), her ex-husband was in his full Worcester Police Department uniform at the time he forced his way into her house and he did have his gun, which was holstered in his belt/waist area," the report said.

Stout then went to a bedroom, where he attacked his ex-wife’s "companion" by "grabbing him by the neck and punching him several times, striking him in the face and neck area," the report said.

Throughout the attack, Stout yelled "I will kill you," over-and-over, and when the assault was over, Stout told the man he would "murder" him if the man was ever around Stout’s family again, the report said.

Northborough obtained a warrant for Stout’s arrest, and he turned himself in.

Stout, of 33 Brookhaven Road, was charged with home invasion, assault and battery, breaking and entering, trespassing and threatening to commit a crime.

After his arrest, Stout posted $500 bail and was released. He pleaded not guilty at his Westborough District Court arraignment on Thursday. He is due back in court on July 24 for a pretrial conference. As a condition of his release, Stout is not allowed to carry or possess a firearm.

Stout, who has been with the Worcester Police Department for 16 years, is currently on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of an internal police investigation,

$500 bail seems like very little for charges like this. Also, he gets paid through out this whole ordeal. If I did something like this, my employer would fire me on the spot.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/worcester-cop-charged-with-home-invasion-assault/26786164#ixzz36VxNOlYV

Of course I don't need to say this, but any other individual would be subject to a dangerousness hearing, locked up and the key thrown away until trial.....

No they wouldn't. Dopes do stuff like this all the time and walk the next day or so. See one Jared remy.

Last edited:
So, get threaten to kill someone, B&E, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, get arrested and gets a vacation (paid administrative leave) for his troubles?

I wonder if they pulled his LTC and took all of his guns? I'm sure Gemme would have done that if it was a regular resident.

No they wouldn't. Dopes do stuff like this all the time and walk the next day or so. See one Jared remy.

Yes they would and especially if they had any means to support any possible flight.

There have been cases of far lesser gravity posted on this board where the person was held on hundreds of thousands of dollars bail, or without bail.

Years ago I was falsely accused and falsely arrested for something that had nothing to do with committing violence on someone and had a bail set at 100 times what this cops was.....don't even tell me some animals are not more equal than others. Cops get special treatment the majority of the time no matter their crime.

Section 18BUse of firearms while committing a felony; second or subsequent offenses; punishment

Section 18B. Whoever, while in the commission of or the attempted commission of an offense which may be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, has in his possession or under his control a firearm, rifle or shotgun shall, in addition to the penalty for such offense, be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than five years; provided, however, that if such firearm, rifle or shotgun is a large capacity weapon, as defined in section 121 of chapter 140, or if such person, while in the commission or attempted commission of such offense, has in his possession or under his control a machine gun, as defined in said section 121, such person shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not less than ten years.

I'm sure this will be applied thoroughly to this case.

I can't imagine why these two kids couldn't work out the marriage [wink]

Yes, I'm sure it's all "her" fault.[laugh2]

I'd like to interview her friends and see what has transpired in the past between them with regard to threats or bodily injury.

He committed these crimes and threatened to murder the man he was beating?

If another person would just threaten such a thing (without actually beating the victim) he would lose his LTC.

Would the male victim (ex-wives new boyfriend) have been justified to use lethal force against this violent home invader?

Sounds like he was in fear of his life.

Plain and simple those who make and uphold the laws need not worry the full pinishment....
Ii don't care what any police officer tells me you get special treatment period.
Your oath is a pony show. Until you good police officers tell Martha and your leaders to up hold the laws you are supposed to do its pointless. I avoid contact with police like the plague. I for one just don't understand how other than the power of your corrupted union you can get paid for ****ing up like this?

The entire Worcester PD should be burned to the ground, along with anyone who supports them.

Someone carries a gun into BU, and he has like $100,000 bail. This guy assaults someone and breaks in, and gets $500 bail.

Gary Gemme is a fascist pig who should be hanged in the center for everyone to watch.

Bail is based on risk of flight...

My guess is other than "more equal" the fact that he turned himself in for what will be a career ending and should be an prison offense weighed on the "risk of flight".

He knows how the system works better than the average Joe...probably has better means, ..he's more of a flight risk.

I wonder if his passport was revoked if he had one?

Last edited by a moderator:
and then po po wonder why few of us trust them.....because the idea of being "more equal than others" just doesn't sit right with me.

She better watch her back.
This guy has some serious issues.
The fact he's getting special treatment will just encourage his behavour.
Remey was the perfect example.

Bail is based on risk of flight...

My guess is other than "more equal" the fact that he turned himself in for what will be a career ending and should be an prison offense weighed on the "risk of flight".
Yeah.......not so much. I agree this will be career ending (as it should) but theres a slim chance he will do time. The $500 bail was a ****ing joke. As mentioned before, he should have a dangerous ness hearing, but that appeafs to have been overlooked. One of the bigger jokes in this scenario is the lack of any domestic violence charges. Ex wifey is not in fear of this idiot apparently and didnt feel the needfor a restraining order. Maybe he will break in again and beat her witha frying pan orsome shit. Anyone that posted something along the lines of if that happened to me, itd be huge bail, loss of ltc etc is correct. This is a ****ing joke.

500 bucks seems a little light for the offense but what do I know?
He is a cop. Go figure.

Another bad apple cop who should be stripped of his badge.

You or me the bail would 10 x higher.

- - - Updated - - -

and then po po wonder why few of us trust them.....because the idea of being "more equal than others" just doesn't sit right with me.
I also agree

Back
Top Bottom