• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wondering if anyone had a Fenix light issue?

I have a Fenix LD10 I have had it for about 8 months now and the flash light stopped working. The actuator button doesn't seem to be turning the light on. Either that or the bulb is completely gone. I put new batteries in it and it wont turn on. The Customer service number on the box is in China. I only have a cell phone and cant make international calls. I tried emailing them a few days back and haven't heard a response yet. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Fenix support or know if they will actually replace things that are under their 24 month warranty?

http://www.fenixlight.com/service.asp?action=tiaokuan

2) Dealers will be responsible for customers. Customers should contact the dealers or distributors from whom they bought Fenix lights for warranty support with Fenixlight Limited's 'Warranty Card' and either a trade invoice, receipt or the trade number provided by the internet retailers. Fenix will provide our authorized dealers with the technology and parts to service our lights.

2) Dealers will be responsible for customers. Customers should contact the dealers or distributors from whom they bought Fenix lights for warranty support with Fenixlight Limited's 'Warranty Card' and either a trade invoice, receipt or the trade number provided by the internet retailers. Fenix will provide our authorized dealers with the technology and parts to service our lights.

Really confidence inspiring :). Distribute the warranty load; require the owner to keep paperwork for the life of the flashlight; rely on a third party with no direct ownership of the brand name to do the work; and have the time limit "full for 2 years, lifetime, but you pay for parts thereafter".

I don't care for Sure-Fire's anti-consumer policy of preventing any discounting below full retail, but I have confidence they will fix any problem with my light without weasel words or requirements I keep a file of paperwork on a dang flashlight; and that I will be dealing with the owner of the reputation, not a small independent whose profit margin is threatened by a warranty claim.

Last edited:
The Fenix I bought really cheap a while ago (amazon sale) has some neat features and a very bright light. But every once in a while, it won't turn on when I want it to. I end up clicking and holding or doing multiple clicks, and finally it turns on.

After a few episodes like that, I went back to my eight year old Surefire 2E for everyday carry. Works EVERY time.

Really confidence inspiring :). Distribute the warranty load; require the owner to keep paperwork for the life of the flashlight; rely on a third party with no direct ownership of the brand name to do the work; and have the time limit "full for 2 years, lifetime, but you pay for parts thereafter".

I don't care for Sure-Fire's anti-consumer policy of preventing any discounting below full retail, but I have confidence they will fix any problem with my light without weasel words or requirements I keep a file of paperwork on a dang flashlight; and that I will be dealing with the owner of the reputation, not a small independent whose profit margin is threatened by a warranty claim.
Yep to all that. But I will credit Fenix that they do have some good dealers who can and will work the warranty claims. That's not so very different from how Whirlpool or other major appliance brands work their warranty claims (because non-mailable objects, but still, similar), and who wants to deal with shipping to/from China? Makes sense.

The OP should try the warranty process and see what happens before we all scream how bad it is.

I have a Fenix PD20 that is not working great. Occasionally flickers and shuts itself off.
Fenix support is in China and really not helpful at all.

I'd be weary buying another one.

My favorite light so far is the Olight M20-S
There is an M20-X but I don't like the battery life with that LED.

Scary that there are some reports of their lights crapping out. I have had VERY good luck with mine under some adverse conditions. I actually just bought a couple to replace some that I lost. I dropped my P3D off a 60 foot tower and the ****er was completely undamaged.

Sounds like the support system depends one hundred percent on the dealer you buy from. Choose wisely.

The OP should try the warranty process and see what happens before we all scream how bad it is.
It may very well be excellent, but it doesn't take actual experience to tell the difference between "If it has our name on it, we fix it for free, forever" and "You need to save your paperwork from a dang flashlight purchase, and there is a time limit after which you will pay for the service".

I wasn't saying Fenix service was "bad"; just that the promise they make falls short of the unconditional support offered by their competition.

Nobody offers "lifetime" on washers and driers, and the limited warranty on such appliances generally is not restricted to dealing only with the original seller.

I wasn't saying Fenix service was "bad"; just that the promise they make falls short of the unconditional support offered by their competition.
No argument, obviously, and I certiainly didn't think you were ragging on them.

The comparable-role single-battery LED SureFire is $160 and his LD10 was probably under $55. Without getting far into it, one gets what one pays for as I am sure you agree. Everything in life is a trade-off. Buy once, cry once. Insert-your-favorite-buy-quality-saying-here.

On the up-side, the OP could have bought two LD10s, saved $40, and had a spare while his original is out for repair! [wink][smile] But seriously, if the Fenix was $125, I'd be with you 100% in your holding forth. Until the OP tries the warranty process, I'll just shrug. For me, getting worked up over a warranty process that hasn't even been tried for a product that's having that warranty compared to one for a light that costs almost 3X the price is kind of ridiculous. Bearing repeating, you get what you pay for. Many find Fenix a good deal, and if they do, I sure hope they take the less-amazing-than-others warranty into account.

Back
Top Bottom