• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Witnesses say many dead, injured in shooting at New Zealand mosque

I'm curious why you guys watch these videos. Watch people die, gore... It's not that I'm adverse to death. I've seen plenty of traumatic deaths via shootings, hangings, car crashes, falls, etc. But I see them because I have to for work. I can't imagine seeking it out to watch. Honestly I think there is something immoral about watching a video for entertainment of somebody elses death. Like I think if it was my kid that got killed on video and these random people on the internet were cracking jokes about it. There was recently a thread about a chinese worker being killed that came up here that made me think of this as well. So out of curiosity, do you guys watch these out of curiosity, entertainment, suspicion of the accuracy and honesty of the media? I know this forum is a mix of guys that range from never actually seeing gore first hand to guys that had seen it regularly in war.

I watched it for 2 reasons.
1 I wanted to see what happened to see if there were opportunities to survive if I were in that situation.
2 I wanted to see the truth of what happened instead of hearing what the “news” said happened

I think the notion of “playing dead” is a safe option goes out the window here, and that should be an eye opener for the shelter in place crowd.
That’s something the media and experts should be telling everyone.

I think the notion of “playing dead” is a safe option goes out the window here, and that should be an eye opener for the shelter in place crowd.
That’s something the media and experts should be telling everyone.

Playing dead is for bears...

“Ours is one of the most well-equipped police services in the world: giving our staff the tools they need to do their jobs is essential to our mission to be the safest country.”

View attachment 274693

For some reason I am not convinced. Gotta say I have never seen those buttstock mag holders before. Seems like gear for the novice...

That seems really awkward. Both for shooting and reloading.

"Semiautomatic assault shotguns" is the term she used. A real ignoramus! Dumb bunnies elected her. They are getting the government they deserve!

That is true: the dummies get the government they deserve.

But the rest of us get stuck with that government as well.

That's why there's a civil war thread here on NES.

I'm curious why you guys watch these videos. Watch people die, gore... It's not that I'm adverse to death. I've seen plenty of traumatic deaths via shootings, hangings, car crashes, falls, etc. But I see them because I have to for work. I can't imagine seeking it out to watch. Honestly I think there is something immoral about watching a video for entertainment of somebody elses death. Like I think if it was my kid that got killed on video and these random people on the internet were cracking jokes about it. There was recently a thread about a chinese worker being killed that came up here that made me think of this as well. So out of curiosity, do you guys watch these out of curiosity, entertainment, suspicion of the accuracy and honesty of the media? I know this forum is a mix of guys that range from never actually seeing gore first hand to guys that had seen it regularly in war.

Why is it immoral to watch videos like this?

If you're one of those people who watches a video and exclaims "hey did you see that guy's head explode!!" - well then yeah - there's probably some immorality there - but it doesn't come from watching the video - it comes from the fact that you get off watching some guy's head explode.

I haven't read all 16 pages, but I can't find any reports of the 2nd mosque shooting being stopped by an armed civilian? I saw that somewhere on a conservative website but can't find it anywhere else.

It's strange that they mention the 2nd mosque with 5 dead, but no details at all about what happened at that site, all the news talk about just the 1st mosque.

I watch to learn what to do and what not to do as a potential victim. There are a LOT of lessons to be learned from watching actual footage of crimes take place.

I'll give you a perfect example from this video. People cowering in corners of a room when there are windows 10ft away to escape from.

Sheep always huddle together for protection. It's in their nature.

Clearly they need the box of rocks at the Mosque

Hey, with an appropriate level of aggression behind it a box of rocks could have changed the outcome. The problem is that we’ve (d)evolved to the point where fight or flight now come with a third option: shelter in place and await government assistance.

NZ Threatens 10 Years In Prison For 'Possessing' Mosque Shooting Video; Web Hosts Warned, 'Dissenter' Banned

New Zealand authorities have reminded citizens that they face up to 10 years in prison for "knowingly" possessing a copy of the New Zealand mosque shooting video - and up to 14 years in prison for sharing it. Corporations (such as web hosts) face an additional $200,000 ($137,000 US) fine under the same law.

Because it's always better when the state controls the message

Can anyone else confirm this?

I just put a copy of the manifesto on my google drive, shared, tried link and it came out with "it's not accessible, TOS violation" .... all other files seem to work fine.

I'm surprised how quickly our benevolent overlords suppressed the f*** out of 1a.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I just put a copy of the manifesto on my google drive, shared, tried link and it came out with "it's not accessible, TOS violation" .... all other files seem to work fine.

I'm surprised how quickly our benevolent overlords suppressed the f*** out of 1a.

put it in an enycrypted rar or zip file with a funny name and hand out the password if you distribute it...

I haven't read all 16 pages, but I can't find any reports of the 2nd mosque shooting being stopped by an armed civilian? I saw that somewhere on a conservative website but can't find it anywhere else.

It's strange that they mention the 2nd mosque with 5 dead, but no details at all about what happened at that site, all the news talk about just the 1st mosque.

Early reporting always sucks in cases like this.

The latest is that one of the guys in the second mosque threw a credit card machine at the gunman, which drew his fire, then dodged between some cars to close the distance. He apparently picked up one of the shooter’s discarded weapons, aimed, and pulled, but the thing was empty. Shooter got back in his car and the good guy chucked the empty weapon through his windshield “like an arrow.”

Shooter cusses and drives off.

If all that’s true, the guy with the credit card machine has balls the size of watermelons.

put it in an enycrypted rar or zip file with a funny name and hand out the password if you distribute it...

that's exactly what I did later, it seems that google isn't smart to figure it out ... yet

I'm still somewhat shocked. 1a? ACLU is going to look into it?

Always lessons to be learned from violence caught on tape. I don't watch for entertainment, watching innocent people die is cringe worthy. However there is high value with seeing how things like this shooting go down almost first hand.

that's exactly what I did later, it seems that google isn't smart to figure it out ... yet

Another lesson learned. If the SHTF here you can kiss the internet and cell towers good bye. They will have us in the dark asap. Even more reason to get started in HAM radio.

There are no 1A implications, google, crapple, faceplant can do whatever they want within their terms of service. It's a crappy side effect of using a service run by risk-averse-at-all-costs whores. Google and faceplant etc are willing to prostrate themselves out in 2 seconds for any gov/authoritarian entity, in the hopes that someday they will have a side business in the surveillance state, etc.

-Mike

Early reporting always sucks in cases like this.

The latest is that one of the guys in the second mosque threw a credit card machine at the gunman, which drew his fire, then dodged between some cars to close the distance. He apparently picked up one of the shooter’s discarded weapons, aimed, and pulled, but the thing was empty. Shooter got back in his car and the good guy chucked the empty weapon through his windshield “like an arrow.”

Shooter cusses and drives off.

If all that’s true, the guy with the credit card machine has balls the size of watermelons.

Are you trying to say that someone charged the shooter? Did the transaction go through? :D

“Ours is one of the most well-equipped police services in the world: giving our staff the tools they need to do their jobs is essential to our mission to be the safest country.”

View attachment 274693

For some reason I am not convinced. Gotta say I have never seen those buttstock mag holders before. Seems like gear for the novice...

Many overseas nations do not carry with a magazine inserted;

178-mthwm-png-Sun-Dec-25-9-05-08.png

mako-group-gl-mag-m4-ar-15-survival-buttstock-with-built-in-magazine-carrier-and-free-polymer-10rd-mag-black_1297953.jpeg

A country full of unarmed sheep waiting for the slaughter and first responders who can say "Stop or I'll say stop again "
Sounds good .

The guy shot up a couple of mosques - in a place called "Christchurch".

The reasons for why he thought it was a legitimate thing to do - were spelled out clearly in a 73 page manifesto - and written all over the magazines he used.

Response by New Zealand government (who probably invited in all the people going to the mosques, after all - they didn't just get there by accident): take away all the firearms from New Zealanders.

Hard to predict the future - but I'd say that since New Zealand has apparently invited in a bunch of Muslims, as has Australia..... It's probably not a bad bet
to predict a Muslim terror attack in either New Zealand or Australia some time within the next year. A secondary bet would for a large Muslim terror attack
in France or somewhere in Africa - specifically undertaken against Christians or Australians or New Zealanders. Like blowing up tour bus or something like
that.

In either case - New Zealand government clamping down on firearms ownership while continuing to admit more Muslims into the country - or - terror attack
by Muslims in direct response to the Christchurch event , the points that the guy in the Christchurch attack was trying to get across will be validated as correct.

Always lessons to be learned from violence caught on tape. I don't watch for entertainment, watching innocent people die is cringe worthy. However there is high value with seeing how things like this shooting go down almost first hand.

I learned to watch these with the volume turned down slightly. Just as when the real situation happens and you most likely end up with 'tunnel vision'. I don't know anyone that wants to watch them.

There are no 1A implications, google, crapple, faceplant can do whatever they want within their terms of service. It's a crappy side effect of using a service run by risk-averse-at-all-costs whores. Google and faceplant etc are willing to prostrate themselves out in 2 seconds for any gov/authoritarian entity, in the hopes that someday they will have a side business in the surveillance state, etc.

-Mike

I'm trying to imagine this from the logistics stand point. It looks like they already have rules on what files can and can not be shared, so it comes down to someone calling sysadmin or whatever and saying, let's add this file to our list, bud. So there are controls already in place to scan what you got on your shared google drive and remove offending files. Probably all the features they got from catering to Chinese and possibly more features that we don't know about.

The question is, do they have teams of people looking through news and figure out, yeah, this news is bad and some files should not be shared. NZ did come out and announced punishment for video distribution and hosting.

This is what always rubbed me wrong when people rely on the cloud services. Some people I know, have no local storage, everything in clouds, pictures, documents. Aside from availability, now I see the companies getting into enforcing content. .... "we see that you got a bunch of pics from your hunting trip" ... TOS violation! Lol, you'll end up with sanitized lives where any record of people ever owning guns will be lost.

Back
Top Bottom