Winter Camoflauge

I am going coyote hunting with a buddy. I am looking for some lightweight winter camo to wear over my clothes. Kind of like that mil surp German stuff that was around a few years ago. Any ideas? Thanks.

A white bed sheet with a hole cut in the middle and spray painted leaf and needle patterns is a quick, lightweight do it yourself camo poncho.

Used Klan outfits are also pretty versatile. They're good winter camp and good ghost costumes on halloween. You might be able to pick one up cheap at Savers.

Where do you guys get this stuff? It just isnt right!! I found some of the German ponchoes online so I bought a couple.

I bought some double x white sweats and used fabric paint to put camo on them. It works well as i dont use them that much.

The cover ups I've used trap too much moisture, being that they're waterproof (and supposedly breathable). For long hikes in, I'm thinking packing a sheet/poncho may be the way to go. Those ghillie deals do look like they'd break up a silhouette better, but it might be a bit much to pack in.

Found a cheap poncho listed here:
http://www.majorsurplus.com/German-Winter-Camo-Cape-2-pack-P15090.aspx

i just use a leafy jacket i got from bass pro and sit up against a tree - just like im turkey hunting.

long ago i found a beat up but warm white winter coat at a thrift shop had some red on it in spots i got out a spray can of white to get rid of the red then spray painted on some leaves and such with some brown black and green... I use it for snow camo for ducks mostly but works for anything ... Found some white snow pants and did the same I am all warm and snug and invisble and i think i spent 20 bucks for the whole rig... Gotta love savers

Got the ponchos in today. THey are in great shape. For the price they cant be beat. I got 15 for around $67. GOing to cut some up for some other projects and give a few away to friends.

Back
Top Bottom