Window stickers on your home or vehicle

A target to whom, exactly? I seriously wish someone could explain to me how having, say, an NRA sticker on your back windshield somehow makes one a "target". Again, to whom?

Some gutless, spineless anti-gun, anti-military obama praising (mmm mmm mmm) weenie will see it and key your car/truck just to prove that you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal and they are morally superior to you. Their friends will then buy them tofu burritos to show them how brave they were in speaking truth to power. Understand?

A target to whom, exactly? I seriously wish someone could explain to me how having, say, an NRA sticker on your back windshield somehow makes one a "target". Again, to whom?

A target for anyone you might know who might have been curious about guns, didn't know who to ask, and could end up at the range with you next weekend.

A target for any politician who thinks that there aren't any gun owners left and might reconsider support for the next crap-ass piece of legislation to come down the pike.

A target for the other gun owners who also feel like they need to hide. (You meet the nicest people...)

Really, we've had this debate before, and I see both sides of it, but gun owners in my state (Mass.) are a minority, and I don't think they can afford to be an invisible minority, too. Your call--say it with stickers, say it with letters to congress, or say it with a big sign while standing in front of the statehouse, but please say something.

Some gutless, spineless anti-gun, anti-military obama praising (mmm mmm mmm) weenie will see it and key your car/truck just to prove that you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal and they are morally superior to you. Their friends will then buy them tofu burritos to show them how brave they were in speaking truth to power. Understand?

Someone keyed my sister's little Toyota pretty badly, & she doesn't have ANY identifiable stickers on it. My trucks have politically incorrect wisdom on them, & they've never been keyed, but if they were, it would be awesome to walk up just in time to see some pinhead doing it.

As a wiseman once said, "Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a*shole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it."
[jihad]

A target for anyone you might know who might have been curious about guns, didn't know who to ask, and could end up at the range with you next weekend.

A target for any politician who thinks that there aren't any gun owners left and might reconsider support for the next crap-ass piece of legislation to come down the pike.

A target for the other gun owners who also feel like they need to hide. (You meet the nicest people...)

Really, we've had this debate before, and I see both sides of it, but gun owners in my state (Mass.) are a minority, and I don't think they can afford to be an invisible minority, too. Your call--say it with stickers, say it with letters to congress, or say it with a big sign while standing in front of the statehouse, but please say something.

All excellent points. I have no pro gun stickers on my car but I do have my reps on speed dial and they certainly hear from me when gun issues come up. Believe me, they hear from me! And if they don't respond, I hunt them down and go face-to-face.

Personally I don't put any stickers on my vehicles regardless of the message.

There is an NRA sticker, a protected by Stag Arms, and a Beware of Attack German Shepherd on my front window if anyone gets any idea's about breaking in.

According to some here, it would blow your “cover” and you would be the first shot in an armed robbery.
Maybe there are isolated incidents where a car was keyed because of a RKBA sticker. You've got more chances of something bad happening to you or your vehicle displaying a Yankees or political sticker. [wink]

NRA sticker and an American Flag sticker on my bumper. I'm proud of both & don't give a damn who knows it.
The way it should be.[bow]

I would never put a sticker on the bumper of my truck. I'd use the back window instead:

9-1-08001.jpg

A Gadsden flag and NES oval have joined the NRA, GOAL, AMA, RKBA, and HD stickers in the picture...
Another gun owner who isn't afraid to be proud of his sport and his rights. My hat is off to you Jay ![cheers]

Maybe there are isolated incidents where a car was keyed because of a RKBA sticker. You've got more chances of something bad happening to you or your vehicle displaying a Yankees or political sticker.

There was much sarcasm in my post. [wink]

I was pulled over and when the LEO noticed my ltc in my wallet he started going nuts asked me about 50 questions on if I was carrying and what was in the car. Being displayed on the rear window personally doesnt sound that appealing to me.

I don't do stickers on my car not because I'm worried about being a target, I just don't like stickers on my car. I didn't even let the dealer put their logo on it.

Ok I changed my mind. Iv been trying to get rid of my car and I have gap insurance so I think I will put an obamas last day sticker on my car..... I work in Brockton... Problem solved

I wear my Club badge around my neck. One time I took it off and hung it around my Rear view mirrior after leaveing the range. Its says in large letters the name of the club on the badge and holder.

My friend A LEO gave me grief about it a few days later stating as an officer. Last thing he wants to see is stickers and decals that the person he just pulled over likely has a gun in the car.

As a LEO.. and maybe because of the City that I work in.... the last thing I am worried about is someone who has a "NRA" sticker on their vehicle. why would you worry about an advertisement about having a gun? wouldn't you prefer to be alittle extra alert to the fact rather than ASS.U.ME that the person is unarmed? I wish every banger had a decal on their ride.. or persons that gave me a heads up if they were packing or not..

back on topic... I PROUDLY display my "Iraqi Freedom Veteran" sticker and "IRQ, I served" sticker along with a little Thin Blue Line on my plate.

I have the round NES sticker and Molon Labe sticker from the NES set on my back window and I HAD the AR15 northeastshooters .com sticker on my bumper.
Someone peeled that one off after only three or four days while I was in the Stop&Shop. [angry]
I also have an NRA sticker on the entrance door to my business.
We fly two American flags outside during business hours. I was thinking about a Gadsden but I think that may be pushing it. If anything, it would cause me to be explaining it everyday to curious customers and I dont usually have time for that.

All this talk is making me want to get more stickers for my SUV. I'm going to get one that says "I may or may not have a gun. I like guns a lot. If you're a criminal, can you leave me a note stating whether these stickers make it more or less likely to target me?"

wait... that might be too long... [wink]

I used political stickers many years ago, and had two very good cars vandalized by (who knows?).

No more.

It's not worth the hassle to me to use expensive assets to prostheletize my political beliefs in an unfriendly environment.

Have you REALLY never met any fanatical liberals/leftists?

I DO have an american flag decal on my truck window, and either a Red Sox or Patriots big magnet on the tailgate, depending on season. (little to no risk of damage to the truck, only a risk of loss of the magnets, by another fan.

Last edited:
I have a couple on my wrangler.

1) I am not ashamed to be pro 2a or pro small gov
2) It's a wrangler, damage is not the end of the world.
3) I don't keep anything at all in it, because to get in you just unzip things.
4) Worth the risk IMO.

//
3) I don't keep anything at all in it, because to get in you just unzip things.
//
A friend of mine from NYC taught me a trick. When he parked in a dicey area, he would open the glove box, throw the contents on the front seat, and leave them there. Made it look like someone had already hit it. I had convertibles for several years and never got touched by doing this.

A friend of mine from NYC taught me a trick. When he parked in a dicey area, he would open the glove box, throw the contents on the front seat, and leave them there. Made it look like someone had already hit it. I had convertibles for several years and never got touched by doing this.

LOL that is a good one

Back
Top Bottom