• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchendon, MA Appleseed Oct 11-12

I have a spare stock with swivels I will be bringing. You can use that.

My suggestion is to bring both the 10/22 and the AR, with enough ammo for both.

I can try to help you get the Tech Sights on, IF there's time.

And, there are still a few loaner LTR's not spoken for yet.

Quick question regarding ammunition:
Does the club have any limitations as to ammunition type for centerfire rifle (no magnet attraction, no steel core, etc...)?

Most of my latest reloads have used ss-109 projectiles. Just wanted to find out if these would be verboten.

Thanks,
Steve

Quick question regarding ammunition:
Does the club have any limitations as to ammunition type for centerfire rifle (no magnet attraction, no steel core, etc...)?

Most of my latest reloads have used ss-109 projectiles. Just wanted to find out if these would be verboten.

Thanks,
Steve

The club has no such restriction, but the Appleseed guys might (ricochets).

Nickle, looks like we have two more ladies from Yelp who are coming - can you set rifles aside for Kerri and Chelsea please?

In case we start to run short, I'll be bringing a couple LTRs I can lend out, so long as you hold onto the 10/22 with the Weaver scope for me.

My wife and I will be "walk ons" for Saturday only. I have 1 LTR. Can we reserve a loaner? Are mats available as well?

Lunch

The club will be serving lunch, $5.00 burgers, dogs, beans & slaw. Drinks extra. They'll try to have an outdoor beverage stand.

Bathroom facilities will be inside the clubhouse.

They are having a hunter's ed program Saturday so there will be plenty of potential new Appleseeders there too. Now I have to print up some more flyers to hand out to those folks...

I have a carpet mat and a 5X7 tarp, you guys are welcome to either or both.

I believe we still have enough rifles.
Great. Thanks!
I'm going to see if I can find one of those camping mats tonight. I have go out and grab some ammo anyway.

The club will be serving lunch, $5.00 burgers, dogs, beans & slaw. Drinks extra. They'll try to have an outdoor beverage stand.

Bathroom facilities will be inside the clubhouse.
And thanks for this info. I was wondering about eats.

Is there an address to the range?

The one I found on the web is below. I compared it to the directions in the first post and it looks correct:

Winchendon Rod & Gun Club
169 Winchendon Rd
Royalston, MA 01368

I'll be there for Saturday only. I could only get a pass from the Mrs's for one day. Besides, the only centerfire rifle I have right now is my Mosin. I don't think my shoulder could take several hundred rounds in one day (I'm no Dench or BillK [smile])

That's the place. Y'all wave as you go by the large gray house on River Street with the McCain and Beck signs. I can't make it on Saturday, and have too much to do Sunday to make it for the whole time, but I may stop by Sunday just to say hi.

That's the place. Y'all wave as you go by the large gray house on River Street with the McCain and Beck signs. I can't make it on Saturday, and have too much to do Sunday to make it for the whole time, but I may stop by Sunday just to say hi.

I'll be stopping in both days as well. I may try to get some real time in both afternoons if that's ok?

You showing up?

I was planning on it. I am meeting Eddie Coyle at Shirley early tomorrow morning to get some wood, dropping off Orion and I figured I would swing by to say Hi and bust some balls if they are in need of busting... [grin]

I'll be stopping in both days as well. I may try to get some real time in both afternoons if that's ok?

I thought there was a fee for this. This reply sounds so casual, like it is something you might do along with maybe getting some milk while out. If it is this casual, maybe I'll stop in some time too.

I thought there was a fee for this. This reply sounds so casual, like it is something you might do along with maybe getting some milk while out. If it is this casual, maybe I'll stop in some time too.

I actually can stop by on the way to get milk. It's a mile or so from my house.

I stopped by to watch for an hour or so this afternoon. 18 shooters on the line, maybe 8 were women. Great turn out!!

I'm going to try to get over to actually shoot tomorrow afternoon. If I do shoot, I'll pay for the day.

Matt

FYI: a couple of pics from my visit this afternoon:

18 shooters on the line (I think 8 were women):
IMG_1170-small.jpg

Note the woman in the long dress on the right:
IMG_1194-small.jpg

I'm guessing she's ~65-70. She's shooting with her grandson!!

(also note NES's own MrTwigg doing a fine job as IIT)

A big +1 to (in no particular order)
Buzzworth
dwarvin1
Nickel
MrTwigg
and John from Michigan for the great instruction
and finally The Winchendon Rod and Gun Club for hosting this event.

I had a great time and learned a LOT! I shot a 199 on one AQT and followed it up by cross shooting on my poor neighbors target for the whole last row of prone! I wish I could make both days but it will have to wait until next time.

I went early and was only able to stay for a short time so I didn't shoot, but I have to say that I am very impressed!! I think I will attend the next one and maybe recruit my sister also!

Although I didn't shoot, I did take a few pictures which I will post shortly.

20 shooters on the line, eight were women. Yeah that's Granma with her Grandson, and they both shot very well.

Over 300 rounds per individual fired today. We'll shoot more than that tomorrow.

I'm tired.

I had a great time this weekend. Met some more NESers and even better built a good foundation of marksmanship, now to get practicing so I can make rifleman next time.

Thansk to all the instructors and IITs, you guys did a great job!

Back
Top Bottom