• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Winchendon, MA Appleseed Oct 11-12

Now, there's still nobody pre-registered yet.

[sad] We had 15 shooters on the line at Proctor. Each day. Some were different folks who shot only one day. Five were women - and they shot well. One group of attendees represented three generations, ( Note the silver haired lady on the right under the canopy, grandma didn't shoot, but she sat behind the line and was picking up brass ! )

Left side of the firing line;
Left.jpg

Right side of the firing line
Right.jpg

This lady even had a pink LTR with matching pink sling !
PinkLTRb.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, that pink 10/22 wasn't her's, as hers still had the factory sights.

It was Sam's, though (Evan's girlfriend), though the true owner was none other than GMB74 (Jim, Evan's dad).

The funny thing about "Grnadma" is that she's the one that talked her daughter and grandson into going. This was their 3rd Appleseed this year. I met "Grandma" at a gun show earlier in the year. Little gray haired old grandma, in a full length dress, carrying an AK slung on her back walking around the gun show. She was sent over to our table to talk Appleseed and she talked them into going in April. Well, I could NOT convince her to shoot this time, even with one of my rifles and free ammo.

And, like will be for Winchendon, ladies shoot for FREE.

LADIES FREE!

Now, why aren't some of you ladies signed up already?

I've got plenty of loaner rifles available, the cost of the course is FREE for you, all you need is the ammo, and I can arrange that, for the cost of replacing it. That's the Wal-Mart price, by the way, nice and CHEAP.

Where else are you guys going to get quality rifle training for just $70 for 2 days ($80 at the gate), plus about $25 for ammo (if you use a .22 all weekend) and gas to get there?

Just had 2 ladies from VT pre-register in the past hour.

Twigg, you remember Cindy and Kathy?

Well, they're coming. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them shoot Rifleman. They were getting better all the time.

Just had 2 ladies from VT pre-register in the past hour.

Twigg, you remember Cindy and Kathy?

Well, they're coming. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them shoot Rifleman. They were getting better all the time.

Indeed I do. Most likely both will by Sunday afternoon. [smile]

Just to let you know, I am hoping to attend on Sunday (I really need the round count and some suggestions to get those final few points). Can't commit until I see how things at the homefront are going.

If you're a second time Appleseeder, Sunday would be a smart idea. See, you've already gotten the basics under your belt, and need the practice more.

So, Chris, what's your highest score so far?

At the Athol Appleseed, I shot 5 AQTs in the 200's with 206 my best.

Hoping that being healthy and not having a river of sweat flowing through my eyes will do the trick. Oh yea, and keep Mr. Twigg back a few more feet. (^_^)

Definitely come Sunday. I think we might be able to push you OVER 210.

I just signed myself and my Fiancee up for Saturday only.
We are both very excited. What time does this get going on Saturday morning?

Nickle, would it be possible to secure the use of one of your loaners for the day?
I will bring a bunch of Fed Value Pack to feed it.

Steve

I'll be registering this weekend, I'm holding out to see if I can get my girlfriend to register, and to make sure I have no other obligations that weekend.

Category: Other
When: Saturday, October 11 2008, 1:30am
Where: Winchendon Rod and Gun Club
169 Winchendon Rd, Winchendon, Ma

Should be:

When: Saturday and Sunday, October 11-12 2008, 8:30am

Should be:

When: Saturday and Sunday, October 11-12 2008, 8:30am

There's a bug that keeps changing the listed time back to 1:30am - I'm communicating with the site's admin about it now.

As for the dates, the site isn't really set up to record multi-date events. The details say it's two days, but I'd be happy to get these guys to at least show up for Saturday. I think if I get them there Saturday morning, you guys can get them to come back Sunday.

Guys, let them know that the loaner rifles will be there.

Mr Twigg, if you can make contact as needed, especially at Yelp, and make notes as to who wishes to use one, it would work great. Get a list up. I'll have 6 10/22's there.

Current pre-reg #'s is 6.

Nickle, Mr. Twigg, I have two gals from Yelp (Dawn & Julia) who just registered. Could you set aside rifles for them? Could you also grab a box of ammo from Wally World as well (I told them to bring $ to reimburse whoever buys the ammo)?

If we start to run low on rifles (we should be so lucky), I have a couple LTRs I could throw in the mix as well.

Tony: Nice Job. And it only gets better from here.

Hopefully you can make this happen for every appleseed around here. I'll be asking. [smile]

Mr Twigg, if you can make contact as needed, especially at Yelp, and make notes as to who wishes to use one, it would work great. Get a list up. I'll have 6 10/22's there.

Can do. [grin]
I can always bring my .22 bolt and I might have a 10/22 by then as well. (Checking over shoulder for Mrs Twigg)

I'll drag along my LTRs (well, at least two of them - one of them needs to get shipped to my nephew's fiancee) and my Garand.

Just signed up for Sunday -- seems I have almost 700 5.56 reloads allocated to shooting! I'll be bringing my 10/22 and 500 rounds as well, but it may well be available as a loaner.

My AR seems to shoot alright, though I haven't been able to sight it in properly. SO, here is my conundrum: I'm thinking about just doing Saturday. I haven't been able to get the old sights off my 10/22 to put my tech sights on, and I won't have time to try again before Saturday. Sling adapters also are not installed. So should I bring my AR for or borrow a loaner 10/22?

If your AR is shooting OK, bring it - we'll teach you how to sight it in. Or you could PM Nickle and ask him if he's got an LTR that's still unclaimed. We'll probably have spares there but best to check in advance. If the 10/22 doesn't have decent sights and a sling, you won't get as much out of it.

Back
Top Bottom