• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington, November 9-10

Just got back, headed there at 9:30am, no crowd, pretty much dead inside. Prices have come down a little, but everything is still overpriced. There was lots of ammo, but didn't see any good prices/deals. Saw the expected bulk .22lr packs for $65-$70. Hopefully, the next time this show comes around we won't see those any more.

I was hoping to pick up some reloading components, but should have just used the time to go NH. I picked up some Magpul parts for an AR for what I would pay for in any gun shop. So adding in the $12 entry fee it wasn't worth my time.

I agree was there yesterday. Walked out with nothing

If they'd just drop the prices a little more, they would likely sell out. Never understood the guys with the same high priced crap every show, they have to drag to the shows, and then drag home again. I realize they need to cover expenses and make a profit, but WTF, why bother !!??

If they'd just drop the prices a little more, they would likely sell out. Never understood the guys with the same high priced crap every show, they have to drag to the shows, and then drag home again. I realize they need to cover expenses and make a profit, but WTF, why bother !!??

I always thought the same thing! they lug all this crap back and forth just to not sell most of it. lol

There was deals .
I could of gotten a new coated bolt for my ar for 60$. Didn't have the cash I could spend I have other project I need to finish.
Then you got a guy selling a beat up old colt bolt for 90$ with half the finish removed .

I got a forward assist , and the ejection pot door pin and spring for 20$ . Didn't realize the door I bought offline wasn't a kit.
8y4uqapa.jpg

Best deal of the day was the shotgun shell reloaded my dad gave me . Missing a few parts .
e3yhy2e2.jpg

Last edited:
Thought it was the best show this year but thats still not saying much, ammo was definately more plentiful. Found a couple deals, brick of subsonic 22 for 38$, found a few guys charging 100$ for a brick then a few selling in the 70$ range. Got a nice reflex sight for my AR, and bunch of shotgun slugs for better price than walmarts been asking.

Anyone remember the name of the shop with the cannon supplies, launchers, and dragons breath? I shouldve taken a card but thought id remember his website name, no sooner had I got on the highway had I forgotten the name [thinking]

This was my first gun show I've been to and thougt it was pretty decent. Found some fair prices on .357 magnum ammo $22-$24 per box. Shooters outpost was the last place I bought .357 ammo from and they were $25 per box and I had to burn probably $20 in gas to get there so this was a decent deal. Got a nice 20 round preban AK mag for $20 too which wasn't bad I thought. My buddy got 2 75 round drum AK mags, one Chinese one Romanian for $200 and $125. Being it was my first gun show it was pretty overwhelming, I was like a kid in a candy store.

But there was TONS of overpriced ammo I couldn't believe it. $35 for target .357 mag rounds!? $150 for a brick of the Wolf target .22 rounds!?

All in all glad I went.

got a reproduction leather sling for my garand, new flash suppressor and crush washer for my AR. now i just need to bring it to the gunsmith to get it threaded.

Not a dig on the Shriners, Fez aside they do some amazing charitable work. It's the show organizers who could streamline things a bit.

Very very true. I felt bad for folks who came in and saw the ammo dealer out front, thinking it was the place to purchase ammo did so only to find the exact ammo for in some cases far less expensive at the other ammo dealers.

Fred 50 Norma brass 54r for 10 bucks.......you should be ashamed! That is a nice score. Great brass also. I have 30 Pcs that have been holding up very well....now if we can just find a good price on 310. 311 or 312 bullets depending on your bore.

I had to look twice at the price myself. He told me he had three other bags that he sold earlier. He had 50 in 6.5 Swiss for $30 and the guy next to me grabbed that. He told me he had purchased it back in the 90's.

Very very true. I felt bad for folks who came in and saw the ammo dealer out front, thinking it was the place to purchase ammo did so only to find the exact ammo for in some cases far less expensive at the other ammo dealers.

The first ammo table I saw after I got inside was much cheaper then them.

I usually walk up and down each aisle then retrace on a one pass per lane type method - powder was gone when I went back...

Deals? Not really
Available for a price I was willing to pay - some
Overpriced at times - certainly

I passed up a couple sxs guns that were bargains. If I had not had income issues they would be in my safe now - more of a want than a need type item to be sure. I also saw guys asking MSRP for used (and hardly cared for) guns that just kept we walking. I did see more Diamondback/Python revo's than I noted before - might just be my memory.

Great to see the knife makers and primitive arms guys - not a fan of WWII memorabilia (German or otherwise) but there were more there than I recall in the past. I've gone to the show for many years and don't expect to get what I need - more like, I get what I see if I need it and it's reasonably priced.

Overall, a great take even in these "post re-election" times BS - If I only needed jerky or new ear plugs I still would go. If you're a smart buyer you can find what you want, eventually.

Ever been to a ham radio flea market? Same thing. I swear that some people glue or screw their stuff to the tables and just go from show to show pretending to sell it. The prices they are asking are so ridiculously high and many won't negotiate a penny.

Soooooo true. You pay $11 or $12 to get in only to find out that show prices on new guns are typically higher than FSGuns' everyday prices.

In some cases, I think I have seen the same revolvers displayed at every show I've attended for the past 5 years. In fact, I know I have. But there has also been some turnover. Not necessarily sold at a show, but certain guns that I've been very interested in have failed to make it back for subsequent shows even when seemingly priced much too high for mere mortals to ever buy.

Anyway, the Wilmington show was a big success for me. Got everything I went for and came home broke. Couldn't go on Saturday so it had to be Sunday... but that turned out great for me when the crowd turned out to be pretty modest and shopping the tables was easy.

In particular, I had a lot of research to do regarding my next semi-auto handgun buy and that went very well. I also noticed that pre-ban AR and AK magazine prices had come down a lot from earlier shows... back to near normal pricing almost. Other popular pre-ban magazines were in good supply even if prices were still right up there. Ammo prices were still way out of my reach, but I expected that. .22 LR prices were a joke. $20.00 for 100 Mini-Mags? No thanks.

I was disappointed to see that Shriner folks are no longer running the kitchen. Show food is now being handled by a caterer, albeit using the Shriner's kitchen. While the new food is quick and still fairly decent, I miss the old folks doing the cooking. Somehow, it always tasted better. I guess old Shriners are dying off and younger folks just aren't taking their places at a quick enough pace to effectively staff the events themselves.

I got there Saturday @ about 4:00, looked at the ammo Chris had out front first, did a quick run through, stopped to visit Fred/50 BMG and catch up on the retired life and check out the Engraving on his Ruger ( it was sweet ). Bought some 45 Long Colt from .308 Ammo guy. I was looking for .22 LR, Chris out front had some Match Grade for 14¢ a round, Yikes! I should've bought more last summer @ Cabela's, it was 4¢ a round with a steel ammo case. I did buy 1,000 American Eagle " Loose " .308 Win/7.62x51 for $750.00. There was some Portuguese stuff that was a little cheaper but no loadable.

I grabbed 5 boxes of the MFS 308 20ct boxes from the 308ammo guy. He had a special for 5 boxes. Don't remember how much it was but it was the cheapest for 308.

I shot a box yesterday and like it better than the Wolf 308 I have. Now I'm wishing I had bought more.

Back
Top Bottom