• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington March 7-8

And just to show I'm a good sport, I'll stop by this guys table and check out his huge 15% off discount. If he has anything worth mentioning (good or bad) Ill report back here.

Lots of AR parts.
I thought the prices were decent except for 5.56 and .22 ammo.
Eastern Security and Safe was there.

I ended up spending more money than I expected but came home with a bunch of stuff. Various mags, a case of 7.62x39 for $245, bbq sauce, hot sauce, jerky, a brick of hard to find Wolf Target 22lr ammo, and some cool inert WW2 ordnance from a new vendor.

Show was just okay. I didn't think it was that crowded. Found an AR gas tube pin. Yay. Heard a guy from Hunters Trading Post tell a customer that if you use a gun that isn't on the roster for self defense, you'll go jail for using an illegal gun. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

I talked to Brian from B&K for a while. He was towards the middle at the end of one of the aisles. He had some nice Colt revolvers and a pretty rare S&W. I'm not much into wheel guns but they caught my eye.

Average show, a bit disappointing. It was definitely not crowded. I saw almost no AR lowers. One guy had a few Mega's for about $155, nothing special.
Some ammo was good, $12 for Fed Amer Eagle 9mm. But .223 was about $250 for 500.
One guy was scooping up new 15 rd glock mags for $15 each. I warned him they didn't look pre-ban to me.
He said "In Mass with LTC A you can have any large cap mags." [rolleyes]

I was surprised at the empty spaces. Waited in line for about 15 minutes at 10:45. Aisles were crowded but they thinned out around 12:30. There was nothing I couldn't live without but a Dan Wesson 44 mag at Stoney Acres caught my eye. By the time I circled around to look at it, the guy ahead of me bought it. Probably just as well.

Average show, a bit disappointing. It was definitely not crowded. I saw almost no AR lowers. One guy had a few Mega's for about $155, nothing special.
Some ammo was good, $12 for Fed Amer Eagle 9mm. But .223 was about $250 for 500.
One guy was scooping up new 15 rd glock mags for $15 each. I warned him they didn't look pre-ban to me.

I saw that person too as well as a younger person that was buying 30 round Magpuls for his AR for the same reason as the person you quoted above!

was almost down and bought a nice tc encore pro hunter with fluted 7mm-08 barrel for 400$

i grabbed it , these go for a good bit more now i just need a muzzleloader barrel

It was a disappointing show for me... not a bad show, just personally disappointing given the things that I was looking for. I went home completely empty-handed and that is a first for me for a Wilmington show. Funny how some folks felt it was crowded and some didn't. I think that may have been a function of when folks got there and when they were walking around vs. eating, etc. There were clearly some open spaces and some of the usual MA show vendors were missing... but it was a whole lot more full (attendee-wise) than the last Wilmington show, that's for sure.

So once again, it's all about what you were looking for and what you were willing to pay for it. I scored like crazy at the last Wilmington show... but for me, this one was a bust. [thinking]

I got there around 11am and the line was wrapped around the parking lot, once inside it was not bad at all not a huge difference from last time I was there and I had no intentions of buying much but ofcourse I stumbled across a Saiga AK-74 brand new and the only one at the show and for a very fair price I picked it up and was pleasently suprised to walk out of there with a nice new Rifle, one that I been looking for too. Ammo prices were a mix of stupid and decent, I poked around for some 5.45x.39 ammo and saw one dealer selling it for $20 a box of 30 and a few tables down I saw the same ammo for $9.99 a box so You definately need to shop around, all in all a huge success for me and glad I went.

Friend and I were there for a couple of hours this afternoon. Saw a couple things of interest, (03-A3) and some Garand ammo decently priced but left empty-handed.
First time I went to a gun show and didn't buy something...
Looked at brass, powder and components but just wasn't feeling it.

A lot of gun owners are completely clueless about gun laws. My business associate just received his safety cert and applied for a LTC. His instructor never mentioned an AWB, and it was quiet a surprise to him when I told him he can't have standard capacity mags for some handguns he's planning to buy.

A lot of gun owners are completely clueless about gun laws. My business associate just received his safety cert and applied for a LTC. His instructor never mentioned an AWB, and it was quiet a surprise to him when I told him he can't have standard capacity mags for some handguns he's planning to buy.

And the vendors? Their choice what they're selling but i'd have to think they're risking their business selling std cap mags in Mass.

I bought some brass and some overpriced primers, but couldn't find any of the powders I was looking for. Picked up a couple of other small items as well as some cheese and BBQ sauce. That's about it. Got a chance to chat with SKS Ray and Ink for a bit. That was about it for Me.

Not a particularly great show, but I've certainly been to worse. Prices seem to be on the uptick since the Marlboro show, especially ammo prices. M193 and M855 pricing in particular was cra-cra as was to be expected in light of recent events.

Didn't see B and K firearms at the show...

On Target had the best deals:
Bodyguard $309
Vp9 $625
Lc9s $385
Mp sport $625

B&K was there. Mosin Nagants for $525. Make what you will of that.

And Joe [On Target] is great.

Anyway, had a good time. Got there after Noon, so parked up on the muddy hill and got right in no line, no wait. Did not carry so when the guy at the door asked if I had a handgun on me I replied with a boisterous "NOPE" and walked in.

I wore my black with green logo NES hat that I won in the karma and my black hoodie with the stampings from a 1926 Tula Mosin printed on the front. It got some great looks and a few questions of "What is that?" and "Is that real Russian?" Why yes, yes it is. [smile]

This was only my second show ever, so I really don't have the frame of reference yet to judge if it was truly good or not, but I had a good time.

I met BenCartwrightSASS and had a really nice conversation, and enjoyed looking at his BPD collection. Pleasure talking with you, sir!

One vendor had a Swiss K31 so took a good look at that. It surprised me how much lighter it is than a Mosin. Same vendor had a T-53 in beautiful condition for about $275. Was REALLY tempting.

All I brought home with me was two boxes of Prvi 7.62x54R brass for $18 each, three charging clips for the K31's that I'm getting. Got those from the guy down by the popcorn machine with tons of parts and mags. Those are a must. And I topped it off with a half pound of Jerky. First time trying the jerky and I gotta tell ya, I'm hooked. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh, and apparently I was lucky enough to miss any crop dusters. [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom