• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington March 7-8

Average show, a bit disappointing. It was definitely not crowded. I saw almost no AR lowers. One guy had a few Mega's for about $155, nothing special.
Some ammo was good, $12 for Fed Amer Eagle 9mm. But .223 was about $250 for 500.
One guy was scooping up new 15 rd glock mags for $15 each. I warned him they didn't look pre-ban to me.
He said "In Mass with LTC A you can have any large cap mags." [rolleyes]
[laugh] WGAF?

See you all there tomorrow morning.

And the vendors? Their choice what they're selling but i'd have to think they're risking their business selling std cap mags in Mass.

They're not risking anything when there's no enforcement. In a functional sense very few people care about the awb in MA.

-Mike

B&K was there. Mosin Nagants for $525. Make what you will of that.

And Joe [On Target] is great.

Anyway, had a good time. Got there after Noon, so parked up on the muddy hill and got right in no line, no wait. Did not carry so when the guy at the door asked if I had a handgun on me I replied with a boisterous "NOPE" and walked in.

I wore my black with green logo NES hat that I won in the karma and my black hoodie with the stampings from a 1926 Tula Mosin printed on the front. It got some great looks and a few questions of "What is that?" and "Is that real Russian?" Why yes, yes it is. [smile]

This was only my second show ever, so I really don't have the frame of reference yet to judge if it was truly good or not, but I had a good time.

I met BenCartwrightSASS and had a really nice conversation, and enjoyed looking at his BPD collection. Pleasure talking with you, sir!

One vendor had a Swiss K31 so took a good look at that. It surprised me how much lighter it is than a Mosin. Same vendor had a T-53 in beautiful condition for about $275. Was REALLY tempting.

All I brought home with me was two boxes of Prvi 7.62x54R brass for $18 each, three charging clips for the K31's that I'm getting. Got those from the guy down by the popcorn machine with tons of parts and mags. Those are a must. And I topped it off with a half pound of Jerky. First time trying the jerky and I gotta tell ya, I'm hooked. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Oh, and apparently I was lucky enough to miss any crop dusters. [smile]

$525!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! Bet they still have "to much inventory"

And yes, Joe is awesome

Anyway, had a good time. Got there after Noon, so parked up on the muddy hill and got right in no line, no wait. Did not carry so when the guy at the door asked if I had a handgun on me I replied with a boisterous "NOPE" and walked in.

I wore my black with green logo NES hat that I won in the karma and my black hoodie with the stampings from a 1926 Tula Mosin printed on the front. It got some great looks and a few questions of "What is that?" and "Is that real Russian?" Why yes, yes it is. [smile]

This was only my second show ever, so I really don't have the frame of reference yet to judge if it was truly good or not, but I had a good time.

I met BenCartwrightSASS and had a really nice conversation, and enjoyed looking at his BPD collection. Pleasure talking with you, sir!

One vendor had a Swiss K31 so took a good look at that. It surprised me how much lighter it is than a Mosin. Same vendor had a T-53 in beautiful condition for about $275. Was REALLY tempting.

All I brought home with me was two boxes of Prvi 7.62x54R brass for $18 each, three charging clips for the K31's that I'm getting. Got those from the guy down by the popcorn machine with tons of parts and mags. Those are a must. And I topped it off with a half pound of Jerky. First time trying the jerky and I gotta tell ya, I'm hooked. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

At $525, I'm going to assume these weren't plain jane 91/30's? Maybe some rarer Finn mosins maybe?

Some m44's with nice stocks. Brian did have good prices on ruger super Alaskans in .44 and .454. I almost bought the .454

Nice. I've got a 44 Super Redhawk 7.5" and the recoil and fireball is good enough for me haha.

$525!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! Bet they still have "to much inventory"

And yes, Joe is awesome

I absolutely agree that the Mosin Nagant Model 48s were listed and posted high at $525.00. I'm really happy you posted this comment. I can now try to convince owner, who priced his consignment pieces at this price, to reduce price. I told him price was high even thought they were probably the nicest Mosin 48s I've seen in a long time. They were his safe queens, never fired since he purchased in the 90s and has, I believe, an emotional attachment. Now maybe he will reduce price and they will find a home where they will be appreciated. Again, thanks for comments, hopefully this will convince him to reduce consignment price. Watch my website, www.bandksalesllc.com to see if you and I convinced him to reduce prices.

I absolutely agree that the Mosin Nagant Model 48s were listed and posted high at $525.00. I'm really happy you posted this comment. I can now try to convince owner, who priced his consignment pieces at this price, to reduce price. I told him price was high even thought they were probably the nicest Mosin 48s I've seen in a long time. They were his safe queens, never fired since he purchased in the 90s and has, I believe, an emotional attachment. Now maybe he will reduce price and they will find a home where they will be appreciated. Again, thanks for comments, hopefully this will convince him to reduce consignment price. Watch my website, www.bandksalesllc.com to see if you and I convinced him to reduce prices.

I was just reading about how Terry Goode unloaded even more M1 Carbines at the show today including original paratroopers.

The thing I noticed about people who bitch about gun shows is that they're often the people who are either too cheap to buy something high end or are angry because they simply can't afford it.

The more specific you are looking for something, the less likely you are to find it a gun show. However, if you just cruise around and know what you're look AT you may find something to take home. I didn't shop hard but I looked the room over well and when I saw "it" I grabbed "it". Some stuff just goes.

This 855 madness is just disgusting and an excellent example of the vendors taking advantage of dumb buyers. Sad to see all around. Feel free to substitute "855" for ".22LR", or "AR Anything", etc.

I was just reading about how Terry Goode unloaded even more M1 Carbines at the show today including original paratroopers.

The thing I noticed about people who bitch about gun shows is that they're often the people who are either too cheap to buy something high end or are angry because they simply can't afford it.

How much were the original paratroopers?

this is true ..i really think there are people that show up with no money and will just complain no matter what .These are the damn people that hold the line up getting in lol . being serious im sure there was a lot of tire kickers , yes some prices are higher , but we also are living in a time when firearms are more in demand than ever

i was on one of my last isles ....was leaving with only ammo and i stumbled across a tc encore pro hunter in 7mm-08 for $400 , i grabbed it . i feel it was a good deal considering barrels run around 250-300 $ and gun sells new for alot more . may not be everyones cup of tea but thats me .

Well, I'm glad those were consignment guns and not your pricing.
Those were definitely priced to not sell. They were nice, but I've seen better stocks from the GB last year that I participated in, and from several other purchases I made last year. They weren't horrible, but they weren't sniper-rifle price worthy either.

Hope he realizes that if he actually wants to sell them, he has to cut the asking price by at least $275, and that's still on the high side.

I very rarely spot any good deals from the usual big dealers...usually note the ridiculous prices and move on to the next table quickly. There are some seriously stupid prices. I have found amazing deals on small collectors tables, like a pre-ban Bushmaster lower with Colt A1 upper for $650 that seem almost too good to be true. S&W 66 for $275 in great shape. I used to show up early on Saturday and stand in line hoping to get the jump on deals....but realizing they're all gone Friday night when inventory is moved from one table to another and marked up. Ive seen some of the same moldy crap for YEARS, I'm going to start leaving pencil marks on things so I can track just how long some fudd is going to pack it up and carry it from show to show. Gun shows aren't what they used to be, and not like they are in other states. I still go, but I find myself buying less and less. The DePirete shows just seem full of cranky gougers, some of the new smaller shows have been very refreshing. More often than not, I'll take advantage of a show day to hit the store circuit and avoid the crowds.

Back
Top Bottom