Wilmington March 7-8

ontrgt808

NES Member
Haven't been to one in a while. Was hoping to score an upgraded safe "show special". Any chance of this happening? Am really searching for Liberty made.

How is this show location? Been to the Marlboro one many times over the years - just not recently.

It's about the same as any of the other bigger shows in MA. Although they do have a bar if I recall

I was at the last Marlboro and last Wilmington show and the prices at Wilmington were better, the selection pretty much the same.

308 Ammo works this show. He's got some of the best selection and prices when it comes to ammo.

It's the only show in Massachusetts he does.

Wilmington is actually the best gun show in Massachusetts for ammo. 3 dealers set up at this one and one of them is very competitive.

Eastern Security was at the Springfield Sportsman's show and they definitely had some show specials. If you're seriously shopping for a safe, give them a call before the show and see what they might have on sale.

Im thinking of checking this one out. I have been to the Marlboro show a bunch of times and the Plymouth a few but it seems to be the same dealers and same stuff. Im hoping this one will bring some different tables than the others. From what I read it is the same size as the Marlboro one which is nice. Unfortunately its kind of a haul for me so I will try to read some more and see if its worth it.

Im thinking of checking this one out. I have been to the Marlboro show a bunch of times and the Plymouth a few but it seems to be the same dealers and same stuff. Im hoping this one will bring some different tables than the others. From what I read it is the same size as the Marlboro one which is nice. Unfortunately its kind of a haul for me so I will try to read some more and see if its worth it.

A few will be different (and like ray says, diff ammo vendor or two) but don't expect anything dramatic.

-Mike

I went on site - they have pretty much everything safe related. Nice.

If I can't find something at show - I'll be sure to give them a ring. Thanks for the lead.

They will most likely be at the show. They always do Marlboro and Springfield, I haven't been to the Wilmington show in a while, but I'm pretty sure I remember them being there also.

If they even carried Amsec Safes I would agree with you but most of their stuff is overpriced feel good tin cans that aren't even UL rated for theft.

Most "safes" gun owners buy are not UL burglary rated safes. As in like, ever. Most are just RSCs that offer varying levels of deterrence. Then again it could be argued that most of the time, a TL rated burglarly safe is probably way overkill for the typical gun theft concern.

-Mike

I guess I would argue why anyone would put a $10-20k gun collection in a $2k tin can when for a bit more of an investment you can actually protect them against theft. If you are buying a safe to meet requirements or make yourself feel better that is one thing but most people buying Liberty safes are fooling themselves because a 4" angle grinder or torch and a crowbar can get into most commercial safes in minutes. But that is probably another thread.

Back
Top Bottom