• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Will weapon detectors at Salt Lake high schools disproportionally affect students of color? YES!!! Because they are the ones carrying the guns.

Reptile

NES Member
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City high schools will begin staffing weapon detectors after fall break. But some parents and a few Salt Lake City School Board members worry the technology may have an outsized impact on students of color.

The Salt Lake City School Board recently approved the use of state funds for a one-year contract with security firm PalAmerican to staff machines at East, West and Highland high schools as well as Horizonte Instruction and Training Center, the district's alternative high school.

The costly and controversial measure is still uncommon in the majority of the country's high schools, even as school shootings continue to impact tens of thousands of U.S. students. A number of school safety experts warn that security measures like metal detectors are not a safety guarantee and instead can be detrimental to students — especially those from communities of color.

Continues...

i just saw a study that said if all blacks disappeared from the united states...poof...overnight our gun crime ranking of #3 in the world would instantly drop back to 129. crime in general would be reduced by half. but yet we keep stoking the fire...

i just saw a study that said if all blacks disappeared from the united states...poof...overnight our gun crime ranking of #3 in the world would instantly drop back to 129. crime in general would be reduced by half. but yet we keep stoking the fire...
Really winning those hearts and minds, bud.

Cuz that's a hatefact.

What study? It would be interesting to see if it was objectively fact based or cherry picked by an org with an agenda.

Still interested in what study. It's easier to check to see if they are citing accurate facts than to attempt to recreate the results of their analysis.
The FBI Uniform Crime report has the statistic that shows the race of most gun crimes and murder(Black).

If you subtract those numbers from the gun crime and murder stats you'll get the crimes per 100,000 people in the population.

Take away Blacks and the US is one of the safest countries in the world.

I don't have time to do the math but those stats and studies have been posted before on NES.

If you just consider the Black crime in a handful of the worst US cities the US crime rate goes down by a lot.

So of course the metal detectors will be ringing off the hook when the Blacks walk through.
Call it racism all you want but the Blacks are the ones bringing in the guns most of the time.

It would be possible to combine facial recognition with the metal detector, and use this combination to appease any and all who are against it. then we all could be safe?, maybe.
How ever the data will still be available, the alarm will go off silently, and the specific student will be allowed to pass thru. Play with the software as much as you want, to bend the pass, no pass circumstances. Sarcasm meter level is high here, but this is a very possible situation.

This belies the fact that an overwhelming number of blacks are law abiding and hard working. Unfortunately, blacks do represent a disproportionate percentage of criminals, particularly in the inner cities. 99.9% of the blame rests on the perp, of course, but you can also thank the left for allowing recidivism, no school choice, reduced police tactics, etc.

Just more proof Liberals are Retards. It's like their ditributors were put in 180 degrees out.
I went to a mall the other day to go to legoland... walked up 1 escalator that had 3 guards and a metal dectector..they told me to put it in the car

So i come back for giggles in a different door no one there

Stupid ass people

Lol when is your free boat ride back to Africa NGO fina happen? If the white man coulda just picked his own damn cotton, we wouldn't have gun violence at all today. Actions have consequences.

Lol when is your free boat ride back to Africa NGO fina happen? If the white man coulda just picked his own damn cotton, we wouldn't have gun violence at all today. Actions have consequences.
Is he wrong tho? FBI crime stats also agree with him. The truth is a cold hard bitch... but it doesn't mean it's not correct.

SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City high schools will begin staffing weapon detectors after fall break. But some parents and a few Salt Lake City School Board members worry the technology may have an outsized impact on students of color.

The Salt Lake City School Board recently approved the use of state funds for a one-year contract with security firm PalAmerican to staff machines at East, West and Highland high schools as well as Horizonte Instruction and Training Center, the district's alternative high school.

The costly and controversial measure is still uncommon in the majority of the country's high schools, even as school shootings continue to impact tens of thousands of U.S. students. A number of school safety experts warn that security measures like metal detectors are not a safety guarantee and instead can be detrimental to students — especially those from communities of color.

Continues...
Ehh, have you been to Salt Lake City? If just one black family leaves the state, it will half the population of blacks in Utah! Of all the places I've been to, Utah is uber-white! Freaks me out.

Ehh, have you been to Salt Lake City? If just one black family leaves the state, it will half the population of blacks in Utah! Of all the places I've been to, Utah is uber-white! Freaks me out.
That makes it even worse for the Blacks.

3% of the population and 100% of the guns brought to school.

Darn right they are being targeted.

mormons.png

Back
Top Bottom