Will A New AG add new guns to the list?

We not only have a Mass gun list but we have a AG list.
Will a new AG focus any of his time on this list? If we could be more like...let's say...
RI with the guns we can buy from a dealer, we would be better off in my opinion.

What do you think?

Any and all guns should be on the list. Doesn't matter what they say a gun is only safe in the hands of someone that handles it safely!

Will a new AG focus any of his time on this list? If we could be more like...let's say...
RI with the guns we can buy from a dealer, we would be better off in my opinion.

What do you think?

It makes no sense that guns deemed safe in 48 other states are considered unsafe in MA.

Just another government attempt to control us... and ban guns.

What do you think?

There is no AG list. A new AG could repeal the consumer protection regs which would allow MA FFLs to sell, to MA resdients, all firearms on the EOPS Approved Weapons Roster. The AG has nothing to do with which firearms are or are not on the EOPS roster.

I thoroughly agree with you sig2009. I was shocked when I took my baby to the dr's and they asked me if i had guns in my house. I said "what does that have to do with his shots? Mind your own business"
Many people are ignorant about guns. They only know what they see on t.v. which is fake.
The mother of a kid whom I give guitar lessons to said "guns are dangerous". I didn't say much because I enjoy the weekly money that I get! Foolishness.

There is no AG list. A new AG could repeal the consumer protection regs which would allow MA FFLs to sell, to MA resdients, all firearms on the EOPS Approved Weapons Roster. The AG has nothing to do with which firearms are or are not on the EOPS roster.

This.

There are a number of guns on the list that are not for sale in MA due to these regs, so removing the "Consumer Safety" regulations would make more guns available. I think some Glocks are on the list. It would be interesting to see what manufacturers would do about the 10 lbs trigger pull. We would probably have most of the same models we have now but with free state triggers on double action autos.

No. However, if CMR940 was repealed, manufacturers could be more motivated to add guns to the list because there would only be one tier of handgun compliance for dealer sales.

ETA: If CMR940 was gone, there also would be no more "ma**h***s" or other oddball modifications to triggers, etc, needed. We would get the
same handguns everyone else does for striker fired autos, sans the normal capacity mags, of course, which are regulated by the dumb AWB.

-Mike

I was told by a dealer that a gun needs to be not only Mass approved but AG approved too.

The AG doesn't approve anything. The AG gets sent a letter from the manufacturer's lawyers stating the gun is AG reg compliant. The AG can then bitch and block the sales (at any moment thereafter) or do nothing. Guns are currently only AG compliant by virtue of the AG's office doing nothing. There is no CMR940 compliance list maintained by the AG's office, nor does the AGs office issue official letters of compliance on anything. They play this "black box" stuff on purpose so that they can't be called out in court over something they wrote. [thinking]

-Mike

I was told by a dealer that a gun needs to be not only Mass approved but AG approved too.

1. The fact that dealer told you this is meaningless. Dealers are NOT a source of authorative information.

2. There is no formal approval process; only their track record of going after certain guns (such as Glocks). The AG's office has consistently refused to provide any "approvals"

The best thing a new AG could do is repeal the regulations using the redundant and un-necessary nature of them, given the legislation passed since those CMRs were written, as the basis for said repeal. The main thing that could stop this is fear of the inevitable Boston Globe story about how the new AG is "making guns more available".

1. The fact that dealer told you this is meaningless. Dealers are NOT a source of authorative information.

2. There is no formal approval process; only their track record of going after certain guns (such as Glocks). The AG's office has consistently refused to provide any "approvals"

The best thing a new AG could do is repeal the regulations using the redundant and un-necessary nature of them, given the legislation passed since those CMRs were written, as the basis for said repeal. The main thing that could stop this is fear of the inevitable Boston Globe story about how the new AG is "making guns more available".

Another excellent reason for supporting Jim McKenna for AG. The best use for the Globe is lining bird cages or training puppies.

I was looking for a certain Kel Tec pistol. This gun shop said that it was Mass approved but not AG approved.
I heard from a fellow member at my gun club that this same shop fought against mass residents getting ammo shipped to their houses from internet sales, etc...
I also read on another forum that back in 95 the same shop called the AG's office on Bass Pro because they were selling Glocks!
I get reloads from them but I think that's about all i'll get.

I won't be satisfied until ALL lists are gone. The whole premise is a sham designed to defraud you and I of our rights.

I won't be satisfied until ALL lists are gone. The whole premise is a sham designed to defraud you and I of our rights.

A CA case is attacking their List. MA EOPS List is very similar in nature, so this case should result in a direct impact on MA.

Jim McKenna promised to "deep six" the AG Regs, which takes care of the largest impediment to handguns in MA.

So, if the vote goes our way and a bit of patience we might get your (and my) wish.

I agree that all lists need to go, however, Jim has vowed to do as much as he can in his power to get rid of these ridiculous regulations, and there is only so much an AG can do. Its ludicrous that the AG even had this power in the first place.

Mike

Jim McKenna promised to "deep six" the AG Regs, which takes care of the largest impediment to handguns in MA.
im voting for mckenna in about twenty minutes but do not put too much hope in a politician
my main cunfusion lies on what ive been told for years that each manufacturer sends one of each model (one for every color and grip change) to the attorney general. ive also been told that they need to send a large quantity of ammo to the attorney general to test the gun. also that the gun is lost in a black hole and never returns from the attorney general. please straighten me out gentlemen

I agree that all lists need to go, however, Jim has vowed to do as much as he can in his power to get rid of these ridiculous regulations, and there is only so much an AG can do.
The regulations are issued by edict from his department. All it takes is an order from him to rescind the regs.

The question that remains, assuming he wins, is will he be willing to pay the political price involved in doing so?

The plains of history are littered with Republican winners who inherited offices in which the former occupant signed or enacted horrendous anti-gun legislation - and, almost without exception, did absolutely nothing to rescind, or advocate recision of, said anti-gun legislation.

For example, here is a complete list of the gun bans that the new Republican governor of New Jersey asked to have repealed:

The regulations are issued by edict from his department. All it takes is an order from him to rescind the regs.

The question that remains, assuming he wins, is will he be willing to pay the political price involved in doing so?

The plains of history are littered with Republican winners who inherited offices in which the former occupant signed or enacted horrendous anti-gun legislation - and, almost without exception, did absolutely nothing to rescind, or advocate recision of, said anti-gun legislation.

For example, here is a complete list of the gun bans that the new Republican governor of New Jersey asked to have repealed:

The existence of the MA Approved Roster would provide some cover. As would "50% of the cops in this state carry a gun that was deemed unsafe by prior AG's".

I voted for Jim but i dont think he will do anything for us SORRY

And I think your wrong. The AG decides what and what not to proscecute on

I believe the AG controls what his office does. A simple memo to the AG underlings who send out their Coakley approved Hitler propaganda threat letters to out of state dealers of handguns and ammo.

"This office will no longer send waste taxpayers time and money sending threat letters to out of state dealers who sell ammunition. Buying ammunition out of state by licensed induviduals is legal. This office cannot condone threats to lawful consumer acts as it is a violation of consumer protection and interstate commerce laws.

This office will no longer enforce any previous AG handgun regulations. The MA EOPS roster is the only list current, however this will not be enforced as it is a violation of consumer protection laws.

Last edited:
Of course the AG controls what guns are sold. When Dick Sporting Goods started selling new Glocks, it was the AG office that demand that they stop. It was the AG office that demanded that Dicks retrieve all the Glocks that were sold to customers by Dicks. The AG threatened punishment if those sold Glocks were not taken back to the store.

Back
Top Bottom