• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife's C&R Valentine

Second try was successful. Got the car registered today. Unfortunately she couldn't have "HER67" on an antique plate, as all antique plates start with "AN", leaving you 4 vanity slots. I got a generic antique plate, and she seems good with that. I offered her my original (NOS) MA66 plates I had on my '66 Star Chief as it was legal to run plates from the year before; MA stopped year of manufacture plates in 1966; '67 was the first year with stickers on a blue letters/white background. I think it would look cool with them. Got it inspected, and we're good to cruise.

Took it on a 10 mile jaunt up the highway to warm it up before inspection. Car is frisky, but not overpowering. Brakes are touchy. PS belt squeals in moderate or better turns. I'm not sure the heater works that well. Actually got music on the AM radio - worked better with the window mostly up - AM is a sensitive beast.

t

- - - Updated - - -

"You can't buy happiness. You can buy ammo though, and that's pretty much the same thing."

45 collector

Ah, but you can get pretty close, as in this case.

t

You can get an aluminum replacement heater core for $34. Good to replace all of the heater box seals at the time. You probably aren't getting much flow through it.

Turns out the heater valve was turned off. Literally it was a blue valve wheel, just like on the side of your house up against the passenger firewall. Turned fully left, and we now have heat. Never met a car where you could turn off the heat. My 70's Pontiacs with the 400cid engine would tend to overheat in summer with their small water jacket apertures; dumping the vents to heat would help cool off the engine.

t

Back
Top Bottom