• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wife's C&R Valentine

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
A 1967 Mauser-stang. She finally got her dream car. If she had her druthers, it would be candy-apple red, but she's not complaining.

C-code 289/2bbl, 200HP
PS, PB
Factory Air
Cruise-O-Matic 3-speed auto

We got it from a school friend of hers in AZ for about 2/3 of retail. Restored, turn-key, 23,600 mile car. Got it into the small side of the garage with the freezer with 12" to spare.

This is a SMALL car. I'm a tall torso 6'1" and 265. My head hits the headliner. I have to scoot forward in the seat, but then the steering wheel is on my crotch.

I won't be driving it that much, well maybe a little, until my '55 gets home. Bad part about the delivery was the truck couldn't make it up our road. I had to drive it 300 yards in the slush and mud of our dirt road to get to the garage. Of course, I had drive it a mile around the block to test it.

T

Attachments

• IMG_2314.jpg
    IMG_2314.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2316.jpg
    IMG_2316.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Wow... it looks great. The Bug I got my wife a couple of years ago (her dream car) is in way rougher shape.

A 1967 Mauser-stang. She finally got her dream car. If she had her druthers, it would be candy-apple red, but she's not complaining.

C-code 289/2bbl, 200HP
PS, PB
Factory Air

We got it from a school friend of hers in AZ for about 2/3 of retail. Restored, turn-key, 23,600 mile car. Got it into the small side of the garage with the freezer with 12" to spare.

This is a SMALL car. I'm a tall torso 6'1" and 265. My head hits the headliner. I have to scoot forward in the seat, but then the steering wheel is on my crotch.

I won't be driving it that much, well maybe a little, until my '55 gets home. Bad part about the delivery wass the truck couldn't make it up our road. I had to drive it 300 yards in the slush and mud of our dirt road to get to the garage. Of course, I had drive it a mile around the block to test it.

T

Very nice congrats to the wife.

C-code 289/2bbl, 200HP
PS, PB
Factory Air

I won't be driving it that much, well maybe a little, until my '55 gets home. Bad part about the delivery wass the truck couldn't make it up our road. I had to drive it 300 yards in the slush and mud of our dirt road to get to the garage. Of course, I had drive it a mile around the block to test it.

T
2/3 of current retail, or 2/3 of retail when it was new? :D

Beautiful car. I'm sure your wife will love it.

That's a beauty! Wonderful condition. Now crawl under there and rinse off all that salt. [smile]

2/3 of current retail, or 2/3 of retail when it was new? :D

Beautiful car. I'm sure your wife will love it.

2/3 of NADA value

I drove slow. I don't know if they salt dirt roads.

T

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful car. Now go throw a coyote in it. [smile]

Is that like a Shelby knock-off?

T

2/3 of NADA value

I drove slow. I don't know if they salt dirt roads.

T

- - - Updated - - -

Is that like a Shelby knock-off?

T
I'm not sure if they salt dirt roads, either. I'd probably hose the underside off when it warms up a little just in case. If you can get your wife to park it, that is!

Nice ride! I had a 67 myself. I got pretty good on identifying what was stock and what was not. Your car looks like it has a steering wheel modification. I believe it has the inner horn button delete package installed. These were made after market to get rid of the hideous horn buttons Ford used in 67. They were about 6 to 8 inches long and stuck out toward the driver to aid in frontal impact protection. A lot of people swap them out to the wheel that you have on your car.

Your wife has great taste in cars. I love the color and that engine bay is show ready clean. I don't know what it is, but I always loved old Mustangs.

I like the engine bay of my '55 Pontiac. 289 Strato-Streak, 4bbl Rochester, 200 HP, 4sp Auto.

She is going to get "HER67" for a license plate. I was thinking is "HIS55", but I like my original plates.

Since these pics from July of '15, skirts have been added and the trim painted, as well as correct sized Coker's. They are from the appraisal photos; the car was dirty in the shop.

t

Attachments

• DSCN3392.jpg
    DSCN3392.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN3394.jpg
    DSCN3394.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN3397.jpg
    DSCN3397.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN3400.jpg
    DSCN3400.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN3399.jpg
    DSCN3399.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 12.33.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 12.33.11 PM.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.13.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.13.29 PM.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
A Happy Mrs. Spud. Hard to believe I haven't driven my '55 since August of '15.

t

Attachments

• IMG_1123 (1).jpg
    IMG_1123 (1).jpg
    200 KB · Views: 44
Yeah. Definitely an awesome car and a happy wife.

But the cat poster's got to go.

We haven't found a bunny flag yet. Those are generic cats; not ours. I wonder if we could take a family photo and have it made into a banner?

T[wink]

Very nice from another vintage Mustang owner. Always keep "parts on shelf" with these vintage cars. I like the color.

The car was originally Code B, Frost Turquoise. When it was repainted, it was done in Code W, Clearwater Aqua (also a '67 color).

t

Back
Top Bottom