• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why you should go to the bank armed

I thought its been stated on here many times that there is no law against carrying in a bank, only the post office on our daily routine
New england states dont ban it, as a generality.

Other states have different laws about off limit locations. A lot of square states have dumb restrictions on carry. Most of which are probably ignored, of course. But they are in the law.

I've not heard that before, and a quick google doesn't seem to confirm that statement.

Can you provide a citation?

@Rob Boudrie

Ah, never mind - answered it myself - Montana.

According to the law center database, Montana is the only state that has a specific law at the nexus of concealed weapons and banks. The state prohibits any person, regardless of whether he or she has a permit, to carry a concealed weapon into a bank, credit union, savings and loan institution or similar business.

Link: Can You Carry a Concealed Weapon into a Bank?

NC at one point prohibited "bank carry," but I think that was removed before I left. Bars and restaurants that served alcohol, movie theaters and a few other random spots were verboten, and bike paths/greenways had "no carry" signs which carry the force of law there. I think they got rid of most of those restrictions, as it seemed like they were all the places you were most likely to need a gun. I think the greenway thing remains. There are actually less prohibited places in MA (like, a lot less) than there were in NC.

I've been saying it for years: retirement savings plans like 401Ks, 403Bs, IRAs, and pensions are all f***ed once the .gov realizes how much money is sitting around and figures out how to get their paws on it. For your own good, of course. You can't be trusted to manage your own money, after all. And if you can't manage your own money, then you really shouldn't have guns. :rolleyes:
Mine is already f#cked from their current policies … won’t be nothing left for them soon.

Rob covered what you can do if asked. But, have you seen signs on banks stating no gunz allowed? Which states? Matt.

Montana is very pro-gun but banks are by law no carry zones.

I've been carrying since the 80's and for the longest time that was the extent of it in my family. Back then there was a perception that, like post offices, banks were off limits. Reasons given were "FDIC" and "i heard". I know it has been bantered around here on NES before.

Thanks for the replies, NES. [cheers]

NC at one point prohibited "bank carry," but I think that was removed before I left. Bars and restaurants that served alcohol, movie theaters and a few other random spots were verboten, and bike paths/greenways had "no carry" signs which carry the force of law there. I think they got rid of most of those restrictions, as it seemed like they were all the places you were most likely to need a gun. I think the greenway thing remains. There are actually less prohibited places in MA (like, a lot less) than there were in NC.

Dang, bike paths and walking paths etc, are where I feel like I need it the most!

Back
Top Bottom