• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Why you should go to the bank armed

Have you followed me after leaving the bank eith a large sum?

That's EXACTLY what it looks like, though my friends in a black hawk have overwatch
Yes. But it had nothing to do with... money.

He'd be dead if he had a gun....zero situational awareness. Bad guy was on him like a cheap suit and the only thing on the good guys mind was wondering what over engineered coffee drink he was going to buy on the way home! Have a gun, be aware, and as mentioned above have back up with you for large transaction. Also, running in flip flops is for idiots!

I went to a local back ATM drive-thru in SoNH and saw a guy sitting on the ground behind a shrub just across from the ATM lane, so just kept driving thru and call the PD. They had a squad car there in less than 2 minutes and confronted the guy. I was parked across the road at another business, told the dispatcher I saw the officer arrive, thanked her, said goodbye, and drove off to another ATM. The guy might have been a vagrant panhandling - I never followed up with the PD and heard nothing from them.

SIG’s Bullets and Vehicles course has some good training on getting the gun out of the holster from the driver or passenger side, shooting from the side windows, as well as exiting the car while firing and taking cover. Shooting from inside through the windshield is a blast - literally. Aim at the hood ornament to hit to hit 1-2ft higher.

Before the Vid when I would take our large sums, the bank would have me sign a waiver that if I got robbed outside, it wasn't their fault. I always thought it was funny. But clearly it's an attitude and someone has won that lawsuit in the past.

☑️

I go everywhere armed...

Why not bring another person (or two) if making a large withdrawal? Say a friend or two that you trust and who also own (and know how to use) guns.

One friend goes inside while other sits in car with full visual on bank door and the rest of the lot. AR-15 riding "shotgun"...

Reciprocate for their needs...
At the end of the day things haven’t changed all that much from the 1800’s

I had a post earlier this year on this particular subject. My wife's mother passed away and we tried to take $17K out of my wife's and deceased MIL's account to pay for the funeral expenses. You would think we were trying to rip them off. They basically refused to give us cash. We pushed back hard and they finally had to agree, but it took a good amount of time for them to get the money together. Then once they did give us the cash we had to sign a waiver to not hold the bank liable if we got robbed in their parking lot. They wouldn't give us the money unless my wife signed the letter. It may be your money on paper, but heaven forbid you actually try to use it.

Not required and they can not keep you from your money. Next time tell them to politely GFY and get the cash together asap as we have somewhere to be.
If they balk tell them you wish to close the account immediately and to have the $17k in cash and the balance in a certified check.
Banks are too full of their won shit to remember who is the customer.

I've been hearing this as long as I've been hearing "they're coming to get your guns", which is decades now. Still waiting for either to happen
It actually gets tossed around by democrats (of course) from time to time, but never gets any traction. It would be suicide for a politician to actually vote for something like this and that’s the only reason it hasn’t happened yet.

I've always found it very insulting they want me to trust them with my money but they don't trust me with my gun. And anyone thinking a bad guy with a gun pays attention to a sign is dumber than the sh!t for brains we have in office
If asked about your armed status, ask:

- Where are the recordings from the video stored?
- Are any cameras out of service?
- Do you use red dye packets?

When told they do not talk about security, tell them "You asked about my security procedures, so I figured we could start the conversation by talking about yours first".

Last edited:
It actually gets tossed around by democrats (of course) from time to time, but never gets any traction. It would be suicide for a politician to actually vote for something like this and that’s the only reason it hasn’t happened yet.
Guess you haven't been reading the news?

Before the Vid when I would take our large sums, the bank would have me sign a waiver that if I got robbed outside, it wasn't their fault. I always thought it was funny. But clearly it's an attitude and someone has won that lawsuit in the past.
As you're signing let it slip out that there are "Three "friends" parked outside armed to the teeth. I think I'll be fine."

I've been saying it for years: retirement savings plans like 401Ks, 403Bs, IRAs, and pensions are all f***ed once the .gov realizes how much money is sitting around and figures out how to get their paws on it. For your own good, of course. You can't be trusted to manage your own money, after all. And if you can't manage your own money, then you really shouldn't have guns. :rolleyes:
The government has a much better tool for stealing your money: financial repression. Which just means holding interest rates meaningfully below the inflation rate.

They started using this tool in earnest in 2020. It’s also how they paid for WW2. If you purchased bonds in the early 1940’s you lost half of your value over 10 years, because inflation ran hot with 3 major spikes, while rates were pinned extremely low.

They can print as much money as they want, why would they bother stealing yours?

The government has a much better tool for stealing your money: financial repression. Which just means holding interest rates meaningfully below the inflation rate.

They started using this tool in earnest in 2020. It’s also how they paid for WW2. If you purchased bonds in the early 1940’s you lost half of your value over 10 years, because inflation ran hot with 3 major spikes, while rates were pinned extremely low.

They can print as much money as they want, why would they bother stealing yours?
I never understood this phantasm about robbing 401ks, im like, they government they can just print more. Whats another trillion on the defeceit? Lol

I never understood this phantasm about robbing 401ks, im like, they government they can just print more. Whats another trillion on the defeceit? Lol
Bail-ins are a concern if you live in a country that can’t print its own currency. Maybe the southern part of the eurozone.

I could see some tax structure changes but not bail-ins. Totally different things. Something like a $1-2m cap on the value of a Roth is not unthinkable. They will literally change the law because of Peter Thiel lol.

I've always found it very insulting they want me to trust them with my money but they don't trust me with my gun. And anyone thinking a bad guy with a gun pays attention to a sign is dumber than the sh!t for brains we have in office

Rob covered what you can do if asked. But, have you seen signs on banks stating no gunz allowed? Which states? Matt.

Back
Top Bottom