Why do people sell guns with 50 rounds through them?

Because it didn't match there purse and had to find the one in style this week. I need some new ones mine are rode hard and put away wet. I mean only shoot once less than a box of ammo though it or case.

Just sometimes there are unexpected circumstances. I have 2 new Remington 1911s that have never seen a round. I doubt I will ever shoot them, and someday I'll get off my @ss and sell them.

Most people buys guns and never shoot them.
I’m guilty of this. I buy stuff all the time, put 25-50 through it just to make sure it works and then never touch it again. Sometimes I don’t even get around to doing that. Especially since Covid ammo prices. I’ve been shooting .22lr almost exclusively since Covid but I’m still buying handguns in other calibers. I buy stuff on a whim even if I don’t need it or have multiples of the same gun. It’s not hard to tell the difference between a pistol that has 50 rounds though it vs 500 rounds.

I have found it’s easier to just own Gucci Glocks. You can just change out accessories and fall in love all over again. It’s cheaper than falling in love with that next gun and heading back to your FFL. Yes I am admitting I love to accessorize.

I keep a spreadsheet with round counts on all my guns. I know a couple of other members here are equally psychotic.

I’m going to be selling an unfired LE6920 that “I had to have” soon. If a potential buyer doesn’t believe the round count I couldn’t give a f*** less.

Right, some people do, but unless I know you and get a copy or screenshot of your excel sheet, how do I truly know the round count?

It doesn't really matter for most guns. It does matter once you get into rare guns, but people buying and selling rare guns aren't usually having this discussion. This is more like someone selling a Taurus G2C after buying it from someone else who dumped it for the same reason.

I own guns I've never shot, some nice, like an S&W PC 1911 Commander. Some beat up, like a Gen 1 Detroit PD G17, the sites are amazingly crooked.

I will never sell a gun.

Ever.

Low round counts don't surprise me. What does confuse me is when i see an add for a gun that has clearly had a bunch of work done to it and claims to be unfired. I mean who would buy a gun and drop $200 to improve it only to have it sit untouched.

Low round counts don't surprise me. What does confuse me is when i see an add for a gun that has clearly had a bunch of work done to it and claims to be unfired. I mean who would buy a gun and drop $200 to improve it only to have it sit untouched.

“Gun manics” do this all the time. There’s literally a small subcategory of gun buyers who don’t shoot 95% of the guns they buy. They will mod them and have all kinds of delusions of grandeur but never shoot them. Then some period of time passes and a purge happens. It’s the gun culture equivalent of anorexia/bulimia. Binge. purge. wash, rinse, repeat.

“never off-roaded”

8A1F3DF6-F984-4169-B105-150FA7C76ECB.jpeg

51 would be too much!
wm_13260325.jpg

Smart people will never own a gun with an MA SKU, unless you got it for nothing. Not that there are that many, anyways. Only Sig and S&W do that horseshit, maybe Kahr and one or two others.... lol.
1.jpg

I've sold knives that have had zero stabs...

View attachment 526649
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Season 6, Episode 14: Caribbean Island Hopping (the Grenadines)
Just the One-Liners
...​
9) On his scuba diving gear: "Hey, where's my knife? Maybe I wanna get stabby."​
...​

“Gun manics” do this all the time. There’s literally a small subcategory of gun buyers who don’t shoot 95% of the guns they buy. They will mod them and have all kinds of delusions of grandeur but never shoot them. Then some period of time passes and a purge happens. It’s the gun culture equivalent of anorexia/bulimia. Binge. purge. wash, rinse, repeat.
Whoa whoa whoa easy it’s a disorder at least we don’t do it “for the gram”. It’s only for personal pleasure ok.

Because "low round count" sounds better than "this gun sucks and gun shops don't give refunds for poor decisions."
This. A gun with "low" round count tell me two things:

1. The gun totally s*cks.
Or
2. The gun doesn't s*ck, but it is in a caliber that is not shot often. (Example: .460, 500 SW ...)

For example, if you buy a 500 SW revolver, don't expect it to have 2K rounds through it, most might have 200 rounds. Because it is either too expensive to shoot, or the owner thought it would be cool to own the gun and now regrets it because he doesn't reload and the commercial ammo is too powerful for his soft hands. But the gun is a good gun.

I always stay away from the super tactical rifles with $200 scopes on them. Those tell me someone took shortcuts, or the rifle totally s*cks, or maybe the rifle is fine but the shooter s*cks. But it pisses me off that the seller wants me to pay for his sh*t scope.

Last edited:
Guilty

I have a bunch of guns I almost never shoot.

But I dont sell any of them.

I also have a bunch of guns I used to shoot a lot and I haven't shot in like 3 years. Example, a 10/22 I have. I used to shoot 1K rounds per month, but I haven't touched it in 3 years.

It's basically like having access to a library of guns where all you need to do is front some money and do the transaction.

I can't recall a time I've lost much money re-selling any used firearm I've bought. In fact I've made money a number of times. As long as you don't buy something obscure or a pile of crap- you won't lose anything.

I did this with optics as well. I wanted to try out some red dots, an LVPO, an ACOG, and an eotech. I went on a specific forum and bought one or two at a time, tested it out for a couple weeks, then sold what I didn't want. I was only out shipping and transaction fees.

One exception is HK having released the P30 at the $1000 MSRP and then years later went kind for the poors and reduced it to $600. Whoops to all those who bought high and don't wanna sell low.

I have a gun listed for sale (it's SPF) with 55 rounds through it. It's a Ruger LCP MAX - I bought it because it's the smallest 10rd count mag .380 available. I couldn't try it before I bought it. I have a messed up right hand/wrist, so I'm really limited to what calibers I can shoot now. Anyway, I bought it, put a box of .380 fmj through it, and my hand & wrist hurt for almost a week. So I tried a couple of tweeks to reduce the recoil, and shot another 5 rounds to test it. Unfortunately the tweeks didn't improve it enough for my damaged wrist. So I'm selling it.
Bought a Taurus 450 on a whim, used. Shooting an alloy framed, 2" barreled revolver, chambered in 45 LC is not pleasant when you have arthritis in your wrist. Fired a grand total of 10 rounds and tossed it back into the safe.

I have a bunch of guns I almost never shoot.

But I dont sell any of them.

I also have a bunch of guns I used to shoot a lot and I haven't shot in like 3 years. Example, a 10/22 I have. I used to shoot 1K rounds per month, but I haven't touched it in 3 years.

That’s not the same as the people im talking about. The dust collector gig is normal everyone has a few of those. I have an SW22A I haven’t fired for at least 3 years. Same with my rem 870 shotgun.

The people I’m talking about buy tons of shit and don’t use any of it. lol. then they dump it.

That’s not the same as the people im talking about. The dust collector gig is normal everyone has a few of those. I have an SW22A I haven’t fired for at least 3 years. Same with my rem 870 shotgun.

The people I’m talking about buy tons of shit and don’t use any of it. lol. then they dump it.
A good theory is they buy a bunch of shit on credit cards.....or whip out the ATM card.....then come up with bills to pay.
.....then dump some shit to pay said bills. I'd put them in the same crowd that thinks they can "buy a better game" rather than actually practice and become a better shooter. I know quite a few at the club that own HIGH dollar handguns that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were standing inside it......and talk about the next upgrade or new gun to fix their accuracy and speed issues.

Many many gun owners have anywhere from 10 to 50+ pistols, and maybe also the same count with rifles.

>>>>>> Every now and then, they buy a gun that strikes their fancy. They put a box of 50 rounds thru it for a function test, and then they stick it in "one of several of their safes" <<<<<<

They might have several carry guns that they shoot regularly, and then a few others that might go along for a range trip every now and then.

Mean while, the 50 count guns and safe queens .... sit in the safe, until a time comes that an owner decides to sell 1 or several of the collection.

In the past I've done this. It was kind of in line with my pursuit of having a minimal gun lineup that did everything I needed without having safe queens. Every gun serves a purpose and has a backup. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom