Who would like to see glock sell in Mass?

As most of you know glock tried to get into the Mass market and did for a few months. Whatever happened they got pulled by the old AG, I just got off the phone with glock in GA and the answer I got on why they didn't retest was cost and was not cost effective.

Which I was kind of taken back when the women on the phone said that! As well built as glocks are, you got put them throw Mass testing and they would still work 100%. When I said to the woman: Well what if I talk to Glock in Austria? She said that is the way to go. We do what they say. So I am going to type up a letter and mail it off to them. I was hoping that we could get a few people, the more the better to ask them to try and have the product retested in Mass.

Below is there contact info:

http://www.glock.com/english/index_contact.htm

You should point out to them that Washington D.C. is also looking at the MA EOPS list as a pointer for pistols allowed to be sold in D.C.

Could be that certifying for sales in MA might pay off with sales into other states as well.

maybe mention that used Blocks sell for significantly more than new Blocks in MA.

I'm not a Block guy, mostly because I just refuse to pay 700 for a used Block. If they were available new in MA I'd probably buy one tomorrow.

You guys are getting your wires crossed.

Glock DOES get most of their handguns tested and on the roster.

The problem is the AG's regulations. There is no "test" for that, other than an arbitrary one imposed by the AG's office. The "test" there is making
a guessing game on what the AG will allow.

Remember there are two tiers of compliance in MA. Glock has no problem passing the first tier. It's the second, more arbitrary one that is the problem.

-Mike

cant they just sell them in MA with new york triggers in them and be done with it?

or is the AG on to the fact that you can remove the NY trigger in like 1 min?

maybe mention that used Blocks sell for significantly more than new Blocks in MA.

I'm not a Block guy, mostly because I just refuse to pay 700 for a used Block. If they were available new in MA I'd probably buy one tomorrow.

I did put that in my letter. I told them a G30 sells for 800-900 or more up here. I agree with you on the price. But you have people in this state and on this site that like to mark up the cost of a Glock. Some of the dealers are to blame, seeing it does not cost them anymore to get a Glock made before 1998 then it would a new one. But that does not show in the price.

I should have put in that comment about DC. But guys feel free to write the letter and mail it. So it cost you a few dollars to mail can't hurt any to let the company you know you want Glocks on the Mass market.

cant they just sell them in MA with new york triggers in them and be done with it?

Apparently last time the AG was pissed off about the loaded chamber indicator. The "paint" or the "tactile nub" ones you see on newer guns were not "good enough", apparently. If they sold them with crap triggers and a notch cut out of the barrel hood for an LCI, that would probably
pass. (this is what the M+P has, basically, shit trigger plus notch in barrel hood = passes AG's regs, somehow. )

-Mike

That shouldn't matter if you change your trigger. The AG can only control dealers and what they sell, and they should even be allowed to do that! Once the product is in your hands and you own it. You can take out the NY trigger which you should way to heavy!

Apparently last time the AG was pissed off about the loaded chamber indicator. The "paint" or the "tactile nub" ones you see on newer guns were not "good enough", apparently. If they sold them with crap triggers and a notch cut out of the barrel hood for an LCI, that would probably
pass. (this is what the M+P has, basically, shit trigger plus notch in barrel hood = passes AG's regs, somehow. )

-Mike

reeeeeetarded.

-Mike

The trigger for glock wouldn't be a issue. But to cut the slide would cost them more money to retool and make Mass slides. I know glock will not do that just for Mass.

I know glock will not do that just for Mass.

well they should. they would sell thousands of glocks in the 1st year in MA alone.

this is more of a case of MA being a whiny little bitch and Glock not wanting to bow down to bullshit regardless of the profits.

Glock just started to make entire pistols in america recently. theres no reason they couldnt set aside one machine to machine out the stupid specific MA legal parts.

not that it bothers me anyway, i have new glocks [rofl]

I did put that in my letter. I told them a G30 sells for 800-900 or more up here. I agree with you on the price. But you have people in this state and on this site that like to mark up the cost of a Glock. Some of the dealers are to blame, seeing it does not cost them anymore to get a Glock made before 1998 then it would a new one. But that does not show in the price.

I should have put in that comment about DC. But guys feel free to write the letter and mail it. So it cost you a few dollars to mail can't hurt any to let the company you know you want Glocks on the Mass market.

Seriously...I wanted a Glock 30 when I saw you could get one for $475-$500 (or about what they're worth) in the free world. At $700, $800, and even $900? they just aren't competitive. It's like agreeing to pay more so that the manufacturer can use cheaper materials in the construction- doesn't make sense.

The trigger for glock wouldn't be a issue. But to cut the slide would cost them more money to retool and make Mass slides. I know glock will not do that just for Mass.

You don't have to cut the slide. They would have to notch the barrel hoods, which unless they make that a "default" feature, is going to crate problems for production. Maybe they might start doing it if Glock starts making the entire gun domestically, but I doubt Austria is going to send them notched barrels.... the engineers are going to go "NEIN! Dis gun already hasst ze loaded chamber indicator! Imbeciles!" [laugh] And I can't say I'd disagree with that, either. They'd have to go through all kinds of trouble to make it legal in ONE state. [puke]

-Mike

blah [rolleyes]

we have been forsaken IMO

too much red tape / BS to even bother.

on that token, i wish that somehow, ALL the gun manufacturers did some type of class action lawsuit to turn the heat up a little bit. maybe in conjunction with GOAL and the NRA with clear and concise arguments

on that token, i wish that somehow, ALL the gun manufacturers did some type of class action lawsuit to turn the heat up a little bit. maybe in conjunction with GOAL and the NRA with clear and concise arguments
Or, we could try electing an AG instead of mini-Maos?[laugh]

I don't think the courts in MA are going to do it for us before it could be done politically. Obviously, the SJC has no trouble with the AG enforcing laws that don't exist...

That presumes they don't take it Federal, but I have no idea if they could or not...

Last edited:
I think Glock is just tired of dealing with the bullshit in this state.

Wouldn't surprise me if internally they threw in the towel on MA, at least on
the front end.

-Mike

Seriously...I wanted a Glock 30 when I saw you could get one for $475-$500 (or about what they're worth) in the free world. At $700, $800, and even $900? they just aren't competitive. It's like agreeing to pay more so that the manufacturer can use cheaper materials in the construction- doesn't make sense.

Yeah I checked out a 3rd Gen Glock 19 at the new shop in Quincy and I think it was $700 or more. I just laughed to myself but sad thing is that someone out there will pay that! I paid 650 for the G26 I have which is like $100 more then what you would pay in the free world. And picking up a G27 for $675 next week which is more then $100 over free world cost.

When I see compact Glock 45 or any 3rd Gen glock and the owners asking 800+ for them I laugh, it is so marked up in price its sick!!!

Before tilting at this windmill, you need to fully understand the following (and perhaps more that I don't know):

- What the requirements really are! Triggers aren't the issue here.

- What happened the last time? Who took the fall? What was the political reaction within Glock-Austria?

- Reality is that due to the current administration, Glock can't make enough guns to keep on the shelves in Free America. Why would they care if making a special model for MA might sell more guns . . . guns that they can't produce fast enough to sell w/o the BS in the rest of the USA?

- DC is totally irrelevant! They are using the EOPS List from MA and almost every Glock is on that list now. Raising that argument will show that you don't know what you are talking about and they will "shut down" on any other suggestion you make.

There are a few of us on NES who have had discussions with Glock (people high up in the food chain, involved in the decision-making) and have some idea why Glock wrote off MA. I have some ideas on how to tackle the technical issues, but it's not the right time . . . you have to wait until supply exceeds demand in Free America before you have any hope of getting anyone in GA or Austria to listen. Unless wholesale bans go into place, we may have to wait 8 years until any firearms/ammo company has to worry about profits . . . right now they are worried about production and watching the horizon for legislation that could tank their industry.

Hint: I believe that a lot of background info on this was posted a few years ago here. Searching may turn up some interesting reading on the matter.

well they should. they would sell thousands of glocks in the 1st year in MA alone.

this is more of a case of MA being a whiny little bitch and Glock not wanting to bow down to bullshit regardless of the profits.

Glock just started to make entire pistols in america recently. theres no reason they couldnt set aside one machine to machine out the stupid specific MA legal parts.

not that it bothers me anyway, i have new glocks [rofl]

I disagree, they should tell MA to shove it any chance they get. Giving in amounts to defeat.

I'd like to see them sold in Mass., but I'm not a fan of DAO.

They're unnecessarily banned in this state as a result of rampant and unchecked hoplophobia running amok on Beacon Hill.

Glocks are more "cocked and unlocked" than they are DAO.

More like "Assisted DAO". A glock striker is precocked, but not enough to make the gun fire. Basically the trigger system is like one spring pulling against another to reduce the net pull.

-Mike

More like "Assisted DAO". A glock striker is precocked, but not enough to make the gun fire. Basically the trigger system is like one spring pulling against another to reduce the net pull.

-Mike

Okay, you are correct in the description. But would not call it DAO at all because you can never get the gun to click more than once without a slight working of the slide to recock or precock the hammer/striker.

.... you have to wait until supply exceeds demand in Free America before you have any hope of getting anyone in GA or Austria to listen. Unless wholesale bans go into place, we may have to wait 8 years until any firearms/ammo company has to worry about profits . . . right now they are worried about production

Glock is 225,000+ units back ordered right now.

Recently GOAL had our 2nd annual Regional Legislative Firearms Education day where we invited legislators from MA, NH, VT, CT & RI.

I also invited GLOCK. According to the GLOCK rep, they have not given up on MA and they would love to be in MA but the hoops they have to jump through are ridiculous. I didnt get into to much detail when talking to him but I think having GLOCK at the event was a plus.

Are the reps aware of the hoops that Glock has to go through?

Im sure this rep from GLOCK let the legislators know some of it.

The legislators that attended were looking to learn about shooting and safety, some of them knew nothing about firearms. I know the GLOCK rep is not shy about letting people know. He was at the Outdoors man show at the DCU center and he told everyone from MA that they can look but they can't buy. He was very informative so Im sure he treated the legislators the same way.

When I see compact Glock 45 or any 3rd Gen glock and the owners asking 800+ for them I laugh, it is so marked up in price its sick!!!

Marked up from what price though? Over the "free state" price, sure. But if somebody pays big money to acquire the gun (which they would have to in Mass), should they have to mark it down and take a loss to sell it? The cycle is not being perpetuated by people on this board "marking up" 3rd gen Glocks. It's being perpetuated by these crazy rules that drastically limit supply, and therefore drive prices up.

Back
Top Bottom