• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

who is bidding on this

Well, I was going to but I don't think I'll get a good cheek weld. [smile]

Seems like one If not this one should go to a museum.

Well, I was going to but I don't think I'll get a good cheek weld. [smile]

Seems like one If not this one should go to a museum.

A squeaky mouse says cmp has several of these....If so the museum quality ones have been set aside already.... just surplus now.

The good;
The PVS-22 is going to hit you 8-10k new, the scope is probably another 2-3k new. It says "A number of the groups at 1,000 yards were <1 MOA." , I could be wrong but bet that's at least 5k to get someone to build, then there is the rarity and nostalgia of the rifle.

The bad;
It's beat to shit and its a small percentage of the gun market that would want it and even smaller that can afford it if you want to get rid of it down the road.

As a gun, it's not worth that, even adding the scope. As battle used collectible, it's worth it. How many M4s will be released from the DOD that people can buy from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Guns from WWII are worth more when they were lightly used or "arsenal reconditioned" ironically. Neither will happen from this set of conflicts and the new valuable will be as used condition. All the private market will ever see out of modern conflicts will be battle used M9s (maybe, but not likely...) and sniper rifles. Expect it to go higher. This is the new collectors market.

As a gun, it's not worth that, even adding the scope. As battle used collectible, it's worth it. How many M4s will be released from the DOD that people can buy from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? Guns from WWII are worth more when they were lightly used or "arsenal reconditioned" ironically. Neither will happen from this set of conflicts and the new valuable will be as used condition. All the private market will ever see out of modern conflicts will be battle used M9s (maybe, but not likely...) and sniper rifles. Expect it to go higher. This is the new collectors market.

I agree.

While anyone here can build a rifle that will shoot better for that price, the been there done that factor is high.

DARPA XM-3 Serial # S6544662 Sold for $16,001.00 in October 2014 via CMP
http://stevereicherttraining.com/darpa-xm3/

Wow - wow wow wow. Anyone see the end of that blog post? He managed to buy his old rifle, which has his name stamped in it from when he was using it.

Agreed - that price tag is too rich for the cost of the rifle and equipment. But it's got the been there, done that history. That's something you dust off once a year, put a few rounds down - and keep locked away - or on display. You're paying for the history, not the rifle.

Wow - wow wow wow. Anyone see the end of that blog post? He managed to buy his old rifle, which has his name stamped in it from when he was using it.

That rifle should have been reported Lost or Destroyed and sent back stateside in pieces. What? They can have boating accidents too.

Back
Top Bottom