Who here is funding the anti-gunners?

dsm

Putting together some themes from some of the recent threads here, I got to wondering just how many folks here are among the ones funding the anti-gunners? Specifically, the individuals and businesses on the NRA list of anti-gun supporters (the "blacklist"), of which about 90% of the individuals and maybe 25% of the companies are in the entertainment industry (either movies, music, televison, or sports)?

The couple of threads about Netflix got me most thinking about about it, and I've noted a number of other threads in the past that lead me to believe there are a number of active consumers of entertainment industry products here.

Also interesting in this regard was the recent thread about James Whitmore, who was on the Brady Campaign's National Committee, and also actively endorsed Barack Obama, none of which was even passingly noted in the thread.

So look over the list and see if there is anyone you are contributing money or fame to, either directly or indirectly:

Of the list, Wayne LaPierre reportedly said on the Today show:

"Our members don't want to buy their songs, don't want to go to their movies, don't want to support their careers."​

Is he right? Does he have any support?

Mel Brooks, who makes sure to crap on Hitler every chance he gets, and rightfully so may I add, is in favor of gun control?

If the Jews in Germany had guns, there would have been a a different history than what we have now.

Does he have to get rid of all the memorabilia and records he already has?

[smile]

No, not the 1994 Barry Manilow World Tour Souvenier Program Book! Sometimes, the Movement asks ... too much. [sad2]

9a37_1.JPG

No, not the 1994 Barry Manilow World Tour Souvenier Program Book! Sometimes, the Movement asks ... too much. [sad2]
We are all going to have to make some sacrifices... [laugh]

We could take the liberal approach and "offset" our offending funding with corresponding pro-gun funding?

Yeah, ok, that sounds just as stupid as it does when they do it...[laugh]

damn that fat cow sara lee and her cakey goodness......no more pound cake for me you gun grabbin hoe!

I love how most of those actors have played roles where they are shooting people. They are so against guns but not against the fantasy of shooting people. Those are the same people who say kids watching violence on tv is why there is much more crime in our youth.

What is it with the jewish groups on the list? you would think they would know better![sad][angry]

Just how anti-gun is anti-gun - how about all the places guns can't be carried - would that not be anti-gun? Stop the world, I want to jump off...

We are all going to have to make some sacrifices... [laugh]

We could take the liberal approach and "offset" our offending funding with corresponding pro-gun funding?

Yeah, ok, that sounds just as stupid as it does when they do it...[laugh]

Is that like banking gun credits instead of carbon credits? [rofl]

That list is way too long. Basically one needs to crawl under a rock to boycott that list.

And surely 2A is not the only issue you feel strongly about. Every business out there is likely giving money to some cause you don't like.

Did anybody see that guy who tried to live for a year without any products made in China? At the end he said it was just simply impossible to do.

Yep. I try to limit the chances of supporting the anti's but sometimes you have to do it. I don't like Coke and prefer Pepsi - I balance it out with grabbing some Dr Pepper. As listed above by jdubois, you just can't help but end up giving them money...you just have to watch what you're doing.

Joe R.

The good news is that some of these groups probably suffered serious fincial setbacks from the Madoff scam. He was a big shot in the Jewish community.

Back
Top Bottom