• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

White Mountains OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent a week up there last year, never saw anyone OC'g.

Check NH F&G laws to make sure that they don't prohibit carrying (OC or CCW) in the area you are interested in. If it's not listed as illegal, then it is legal to do so.

I was up chilling at Lower Falls 2 weeks ago, I am sure my biscuit was hanging out while I was sunning myself on the rocks and playing with my pup in the river, no one cared. It was bike week though, so I might have just been surrounded by bad asses who were strapped as well the whole time. [rofl]

Last edited:
Avoid courthouses and federal buildings

Perfectly legal, slightly more common in the Whites than further south.

NH law requires a license for only two things: carrying a loaded handgun in or on a vehicle; or, carrying a handgun that is both loaded and concealed on your person.

Residency has nothing to do with it, other than the cost of the license. If you're OCing, no problem at all.

There was plenty of OCing here over the past week, but it was Porcfest.

I was up chilling at Lower Falls 2 weeks ago, I am sure my biscuit was hanging out while I was sunning myself on the rocks and playing with my pup in the river, no one cared. It was bike week though, so I might have just been surrounded by bad asses who were strapped as well the whole time. [rofl]

YUP / I was probably right beside you. Spent 8 days covering 1,520 mi, mostly all north of the big lake.

Can a non-res OC through the white mountains? Or is that a no no?

I have OCd in the white mountains while hiking and camping and nobody cared while I was there anyway.....I was hiking with the wife at the time. It is not "common" on the hiking trails but I have seen it.

As someone else posted open carry of a fire arm in NH has nothing to do with what state you reside in as long as the fire arm is visible as a fire arm you are G2G. Keep in mind however that federal buildings are always off limits to fire arms.....so.....I have never done the research on what a ranger station is considered but assumed federal building so didn't test the waters in there when I had to go in to buy my recreation sticker for my car.......sent the wife in instead.

The only place prohibited by NH state law that you cannot open carry a firearm is a court house. Knock yourself out.

I have had a couple of experiences at the AMC huts, they did not appreciate open carry. "Why do you need a gun?", "what if you fell and shot someone?". I wasn't actually open carrying, but when I took my jacket off I got the questions from some people there. not sure if they were running the hut or not.

I have had a couple of experiences at the AMC huts, they did not appreciate open carry. "Why do you need a gun?", "what if you fell and shot someone?". I wasn't actually open carrying, but when I took my jacket off I got the questions from some people there. not sure if they were running the hut or not.

The AMC lodges in the northeast are always filled with MA moonbats who fancy themselves outdoorsmen. If someone thinks that they're safe by themselves in the wilderness miles away from anything, tell them to look up what happened to Louise Chaput. Or you can tell them that if they don't like it, they can find another place to sleep for the night.

Fail.
The RSA you linked to is for Courthouse Security

Try the US Code;
18 U.S. Code § 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

Subsection "D" (g) As used in this section: (1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.

You're welcome to walk up to the counter open carrying any time.
Let me know when so I can get it on video.

Fail.
The RSA you linked to is for Courthouse Security

Try the US Code;

You're welcome to walk up to the counter open carrying any time.
Let me know when so I can get it on video.

You are correct, but that doesn't make me wrong. I'm not trying to be confusing or deceiving. I in fact was trying to be very clear. The THIRD time I even use bold text to signify I was talking about NH state law. I felt no need to talk about the specifics of federal law in a thread about a specific states laws.

So again, the only place you are prohibited from carrying a firearm per NH state law are courthouses as defined in the RSA I linked. The only fail was your own.

The only place prohibited by NH state law that you cannot open carry a firearm is a court house.

The AMC lodges in the northeast are always filled with MA moonbats who fancy themselves outdoorsmen. If someone thinks that they're safe by themselves in the wilderness miles away from anything, tell them to look up what happened to Louise Chaput. Or you can tell them that if they don't like it, they can find another place to sleep for the night.

I just said, "it's not really your concern is it" and walked away. I wasn't staying in the hut so I didn't think I needed to explain anything and make friends. usually if someone is bold enough to come out with a statement like that nothing I say is going to change their mind

Enough with the ****ing pissing contest, the OP doesnt give a shit about post offices (and everyone and their brothers uncle already knows those aren't legal, anywhere) rather, he was asking about carrying a gun in the woods, openly.

-Mike

Enough with the ****ing pissing contest, the OP doesnt give a shit about post offices (and everyone and their brothers uncle already knows those aren't legal, anywhere) rather, he was asking about carrying a gun in the woods, openly.

-Mike
I think this thread has outlived its usefulness...

Ok I have a good one,can you open carry if you are taking a dump out in the woods in an out house owned by the Parks Dept.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom