Another OC question.

I appologize in advance, but i havent found an answer after reading thru many threads.

Im only licensed in MA. My non res permits for ME and NH are on their way.

Im spending the weekend in Tamworth NH. Spending alot of time outdoors. Every intent to open carry. I underdtand the firearm has to be unloaded while in the car, but i couldnt find an answer as to Any stipulations on mag storage. When i get in a car can i just drop my mag and throw it in my pocket? Or does the amunition need to be away from my firearm and myself.

Thanks

Derek

See my response in your other thread.

Two NH firearms attorneys can't agree wrt your question.

If it were me, I'd be very cautious!

Sorry for the double post but it was suggested to me to try this forum too.

From other posts I read it seem that many Massachusetts residents open carry nonchalantly in New Hampshire. I was unaware of the few stipulations about transporting the firearm. It was under my impression the magazine just had to be removed. For safety purposes I will probably remove the cartridges from the Magazine

No open or concealed carry in a vehicle without a valid (resident or non resident) concealed carry permit. This means that you may have no AMMUNITION on your person or accessible to your person. It is little known law that in NH one may concealed carry providing they have no ammunition (this includes loaded magazines or loose rounds) on or immediately accessible to their person.

N.B. I would not want to deal with the uninformed officer who may consider this a breach of law, nor go to court to prove my innocence. While in NH (EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE A GUN FRIENDLY STATE), I carry it unloaded and locked in the trunk...

Back
Top Bottom