• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Pro-2A Candidate in MA Special Election Senate Race?

My political designation is Libertarian, so although I'm still technically unenrolled the state says I can't participate in any primary. I argue the law says different, but I digress. Just another way of keeping 3rd parties down.

I learn something every day. Never thought about it before, but that certainly limits your participation.

Last edited:
couldn't vote Lynch

I was thinking about pulling a Dem ballot and voting for Lynch as in a vote AGAINST Malarky, but his anti-2A stance changed my mind.

I will probably vote Winslow, b/c Sullivan is a big govt conservative and supports the Patriot Act.

I was going to vote Lynch until he jumped in with "Malarky" to bash the 2nd Amendment without any cavet. He dismissed us out of hand, so I did the same. Winslow got my vote.

Looks like it's shaping up to be Markey vs. Gomez. [puke] It such is the case, I'd rather stay home when the special election comes around. I'm done rewarding MA GOP with my vote.

seems like maybe the left leaning Independents are playing their own game... knowing Markey has a sizeable lead and probably wins with just the registered Democrats, they pull a Republican ballot and kick up Gomez's numbers... Then at worst they have a Democrat with an R after his name. :(

well, Gomez got it...at least ( I think ) better than Marly,.
By the way there was a refferenedum question about supporting " the Govenor's" proposals on increasing gun control on the refferendum in Brookfield . It failed
593 to 348. At least some good news there.:)

well, Gomez got it...at least ( I think ) better than Marly,.
By the way there was a refferenedum question about supporting " the Govenor's" proposals on increasing gun control on the refferendum in Brookfield . It failed
593 to 348. At least some good news there.:)

LOL @ "Marly". He does look like a character out of a Dickens novel.

Finally some "got" my metaphor. Maybe the refferendum will start ( at least) to get the message through to the "Govenor". Also a metaphor from the AMC series.
ggboy

Finally some "got" my metaphor. Maybe the refferendum will start ( at least) to get the message through to the "Govenor". Also a metaphor from the AMC series.
ggboy

My political designation is Libertarian, so although I'm still technically unenrolled the state says I can't participate in any primary. I argue the law says different, but I digress. Just another way of keeping 3rd parties down.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but the idea of (and the mere phrase) the "Libertarian Party" always struck me as a bit oxymoronic.

The crazy thing is, Gomez didn't just win--he crushed Sullivan and Winslow. I'm still trying to figure out WTF happened.

One thing's for sure: These debates will be mighty entertaining.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but the idea of (and the mere phrase) the "Libertarian Party" always struck me as a bit oxymoronic.
The Oxymoron are the parties themselves... No one is enjoying this process. [thinking]

The Libertarian designation as such is just to avoid having pedantic conversations that you are a coalition of freedom loving people with a diverse focus of which liberty(ies) for which they advocate most, but who share a common interest in small/limited government as a means to accomplish this end.

Last edited:

Maybe if it were the Individualist Party [smile], It's not that oxymoronic when its a party who's goal is to provide maximum liberty for the smallest minority, the individual, through the use of the current political system we have today.

The crazy thing is, Gomez didn't just win--he crushed Sullivan and Winslow. I'm still trying to figure out WTF happened.

One thing's for sure: These debates will be mighty entertaining.

It's simple, the majority of independent MA voters voted for the most liberal republican candidate ensuring that the state will be represented by a liberal no matter what.

The debates will go like this:

Markey: Gomez, you hate women, why do you oppose abortion?!?

Gomez: Uhmmmm... I don't hate women, and I wouldn't overturn R. v W.

Markey: Yes you would, you're an evil Republican, you hate females you oppose abortion!

Crowd applauds, goes home and votes for Markey.

It's simple, the majority of independent MA voters voted for the most liberal republican candidate ensuring that the state would be represented by a liberal no matter what.

The debates will go like this:

Markey: Gomez, you hate women, why do you oppose abortion?!?

Gomez: Uhmmmm... I don't hate women, and I wouldn't overturn R. v W.

Markey: Yes you would, you hate females you oppose abortion!

Crowd applauds, goes home and votes for Markey.
Transcript from recent debate with names changed...

Why do Dems prefer Markey over Lynch?
Lynch is more middle of the road. In a special election, those voters are least likely to turn out. Also his campaign strategy sucked.

In a state of 6.5 million, about three quarters of a million voted yesterday, including both parties.

Ditto. I voted for Winslow and can't figure out how that phony Gomez won.

None of us could come to a consensus of which candidate to support, between Winslow and Sullivan, so we split the vote. On top of that all who pulled a Dem ballot to vote against Markey, pulled votes from a Republican. It may have made a difference in a perfect scenario, but it would have been close. We have no one to blame but ourselves. WE screwed it up!

None of us could come to a consensus of which candidate to support, between Winslow and Sullivan, so we split the vote. On top of that all who pulled a Dem ballot to vote against Markey, pulled votes from a Republican. It may have made a difference in a perfect scenario, but it would have been close. We have no one to blame but ourselves. WE screwed it up!

Yeah, except Gomez didn't just beat Winslow and Sullivan...he annihalated them with a 51% total. Take all the people who voted for Lynch to block Markey and I still don't think you make up the difference.

If you add Sullivans and Winslows votes together, you still get a Gomez win of 3,728. Maybe you had almost 4,000 Lynchie voters who would have crossed over, but then you'd have to assume none of them would have voted for Gomez.

Something is in the water, I swear....

- - - Updated - - -

The Oxymoron are the parties themselves... No one is enjoying this process. [thinking]

The Libertarian designation as such is just to avoid having pedantic conversations that you are a coalition of freedom loving people with a diverse focus of which liberty(ies) for which they advocate most, but who share a common interest in small/limited government as a means to accomplish this end.

Maybe if it were the Individualist Party [smile], It's not that oxymoronic when its a party who's goal is to provide maximum liberty for the smallest minority, the individual, through the use of the current political system we have today.

Fair nuff.

Back
Top Bottom