• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Pro-2A Candidate in MA Special Election Senate Race?

Ditto. I voted for Winslow and can't figure out how that phony Gomez won.

Yeah, except Gomez didn't just beat Winslow and Sullivan...he annihalated them with a 51% total. Take all the people who voted for Lynch to block Markey and I still don't think you make up the difference.

If you add Sullivans and Winslows votes together, you still get a Gomez win of 3,728. Maybe you had almost 4,000 Lynchie voters who would have crossed over, but then you'd have to assume none of them would have voted for Gomez. ...

Gomez out-campaigned ALL OF THEM! If I didn't know better, I would have thought he was the only one running. That whole "He's a Navy Seal. That clinches it for me." ad was hammering over and over and over. He was also working his grass roots.

Winslow made an appearance at the MSC annual banquet meeting, but then disappeared off the face of the earth. He should have followed up with some heavy duty marketing to Sportsman's Clubs to pull in all those members. Also, I was puzzled that GOAL and NRA did not step up to the plate for Winslow. WTH?

A question...will the winner in the Ma senate race have to run again in
2014?
ANd I ask again if "Marley' wins is there a candidate that is "pro 2nd"
that could take his state vacent seat?
If Gomez wins and he has to run again in "14" maybe he can be "worked with" to improve his stance on guns? Don't SEAL's have to take an oath to defend the constituion?
I will say this we don;t want Marley!

Gomez out-campaigned ALL OF THEM! If I didn't know better, I would have thought he was the only one running. That whole "He's a Navy Seal. That clinches it for me." ad was hammering over and over and over. He was also working his grass roots.

Winslow made an appearance at the MSC annual banquet meeting, but then disappeared off the face of the earth. He should have followed up with some heavy duty marketing to Sportsman's Clubs to pull in all those members. Also, I was puzzled that GOAL and NRA did not step up to the plate for Winslow. WTH?

GOAL won't endorse primary candidates

A question...will the winner in the Ma senate race have to run again in
2014?
ANd I ask again if "Marley' wins is there a candidate that is "pro 2nd"
that could take his state vacent seat?
If Gomez wins and he has to run again in "14" maybe he can be "worked with" to improve his stance on guns? Don't SEAL's have to take an oath to defend the constituion?
I will say this we don;t want Marley!

Yes the winner will have to start campaigning the second the election is over. Not sure if there would be a special election for Markey's seat if he wins because of the time constraints...

Last edited:
This sounds like a VERY dumb idea. I bet they could have helped Winslow quite a bit here. I hope he runs for AG or something.

Then what happens when the GOAL endorsed candidate doesn't make it in the primary? I don't know if GOAL will endorse Gomez or not, I am thinking probably not...but who knows? In the case of Winslow and Sullivan one was rated A+ and the other 99% so it's tough, and GOAL is a single issue endorser.

Then what happens when the GOAL endorsed candidate doesn't make it in the primary?...

Then they make another choice, just like the rest of us have to do. Some people could use the guidance. It is too bad GOAL doesn't offer that type of guidance on voting for pro-gun candidates.

It looks like we have a choice between a guarentied " snake eyes" or
" a seven the hard way."
I guess we have to "make the roll".
ggboy

I was reading an article in the "Springfield Republican" today and there was a commment that GG had backed off on some of the gun control proposals..I am summarizing..but...if this is true....
Also is there town meeting that linski is chairing somewhere in MA..I read somehting about this but dont; remember the name of the town.
It is restricted to town residents only. Maybe we should be be making this a "topic"

Then they make another choice, just like the rest of us have to do. Some people could use the guidance. It is too bad GOAL doesn't offer that type of guidance on voting for pro-gun candidates.
It is our own job to vet the candidate's put before us. This is a real problem when you choose based on what someone else tells you to do. Gather all info you can from a multitude of sources and vet them yourself.

I was reading an article in the "Springfield Republican" today and there was a commment that GG had backed off on some of the gun control proposals..I am summarizing..but...if this is true....
Also is there town meeting that linski is chairing somewhere in MA..I read somehting about this but dont; remember the name of the town.
It is restricted to town residents only. Maybe we should be be making this a "topic"

What is "GG"?

Back
Top Bottom