• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Pro-2A Candidate in MA Special Election Senate Race?

Winslow came and spoke at the MSC meeting, and is the ONLY one who has promised to uphold the 2A for sportsmen and everyone else. NONE of the other candidates even showed up. That tells you something right there.

Here is his "official" view:
2nd Amendment

You think I'm funny?

You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe its me, maybe I’m a little ****ed up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to ****in’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny? Joe Pesci, Goodfellas.

I don't have a clue, just relating what he said on the air yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear you, that is a bad stance for someone claiming what he was claiming on the air yesterday. LOL

Yeah, all politicians are phonies, but Gomez is just plain horrible at hiding it. For some reason though all the MA RINOs thing Gomez is the only one who can beat a democrat, with no mention of Dan Winslow.

IMHO:

Sullivan -- Supports the Patriot act and was former head of ATF -- Will be no friend to gun owners.
Gomez -- Supports Barry and I sense is a closet anti hiding behind former spec ops experience as being pro 2A -- Will be no friend to gun owners.

My pick is Winslow.

IMHO:

Sullivan -- Supports the Patriot act and was former head of ATF -- Will be no friend to gun owners.

My pick is Winslow.

That's ridiculous. Sullivan and Winslow are rated the same by GOAL. Also compare their GOALs statements. They are both pro-2A. I'm glad Winslow is a pro-2A state rep and I'm happy for him to remain there. Sullivan is the more conservative candidate, is better organized and ahead in the polls to beat Gomez so he has my vote.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. Sullivan and Winslow are rated the same by GOAL. Also compare their GOALs statements. They are both pro-2A. I'm glad Winslow is a pro-2A state rep and I'm happy for him to remain there. Sullivan is the more conservative candidate, is better organized and ahead in the polls to beat Gomez so he has my vote.

They are absolutely not rated the same. an A+ carries much more weight than a questionnaire 100% IMHO, and the Patriot Act support is a non-starter anyway.

They are absolutely not rated the same. an A+ carries much more weight than a questionnaire 100% IMHO, and the Patriot Act support is a non-starter anyway.

If you've read through this thread it has already been documented that Winslow also supports the Patriot Act so I guess you are not supporting him either.

I was favoring Winslow until the debates when he was confronted about all the donations to democrat campaigns, including Martha Coakley. His response? "I was doing business with them". That's all he would say about it and that's when he lost my vote. Sullivan is the only Conservative in the race. If you believe MA independent voters may, at last, be fed up with the Democrat simps, coverups and lies (at some point that's the only way a Republican can win in MA), than he has a real shot to win the election.

If you've read through this thread it has already been documented that Winslow also supports the Patriot Act so I guess you are not supporting him either.

I was favoring Winslow until the debates when he was confronted about all the donations to democrat campaigns, including Martha Coakley. His response? "I was doing business with them". That's all he would say about it and that's when he lost my vote. Sullivan is the only Conservative in the race. If you believe MA independent voters may, at last, be fed up with the Democrat simps, coverups and lies (at some point that's the only way a Republican can win in MA), than he has a real shot to win the election.

Right, I was the one who posted his twitter response about the Patriot Act. I'm not worried about Dan's donations, since he gave 10 to 1 to Republicans, since he's not a tow the line guy I don't really have a problem with him spending his own money as he likes. You really think fed up MA independents want a Conservative? They do not, they want fiscally conservative, and socially liberal politicians, aka libertarians, and Winslow is the closest we have to that in this race.

Last edited:
Sullivan is more "conservative" than Winslow in a few key areas that I can think of:

He supports the ongoing military action in Afghanistan.
He supports the war on drugs.
He wanted bomber #2 to be detained by the military.

Winslow is better on each of the above issues. Sullivan is just more of a traditional neoconservative -- that's his background and that's what he's campaigning on. Winslow has campaigned on freedom and he clearly has more sensitivity to freedom issues -- he's not perfect, but he's definitely better.

I can understand why some Republicans like the fact that Sullivan pro-life, wants to repeal Roe v. Wade and has strong connections with Bush and Ashcroft -- but realistically, these would be major handicaps in a Massachusetts general election.

KennethWVT and AcuJeff, good debate.

I like that you guys are debating and it's good for us to say it. You can see I've supported the Sullivan camp for awhile. I also think you guys are missing some pretty serious things going on.

If you vote for Winslow you're simply pulling a vote away from the 2 Pro 2A guys in this hunt. If you don't vote Sullivan, you're handing it to Gomez.

So you can not like Patriot Act all you want, but if you don't stand with Sullivan you might as well vote Gomez, and after his debacle yesterday Sullivan can really pull this off.

I thought the point of all this was that we showed unity and proved to the state house that Pro 2A is the new way. All I've seen is bad arguments and no solid footing.

Winslow is as pro 2A as any of them... Also he is more pro freedom than any of them. I will never support social conservatism, so Sullivan is automatically eliminated for me. Don't waste your time trying to convince me because I can't vote in the primary anyway. Each candidate has serious flaws, I just think Winslow is clearly the least flawed, with the most liberty to offer.

KennethWVT and AcuJeff, good debate.

I like that you guys are debating and it's good for us to say it. You can see I've supported the Sullivan camp for awhile. I also think you guys are missing some pretty serious things going on.

If you vote for Winslow you're simply pulling a vote away from the 2 Pro 2A guys in this hunt. If you don't vote Sullivan, you're handing it to Gomez.

So you can not like Patriot Act all you want, but if you don't stand with Sullivan you might as well vote Gomez, and after his debacle yesterday Sullivan can really pull this off.

I thought the point of all this was that we showed unity and proved to the state house that Pro 2A is the new way. All I've seen is bad arguments and no solid footing.
Voting for one person is never taking a vote from someone else.

I voted for Dan...and the turnout was a lot more than I expected.
Did anyone else see the question " Do you support the "Govenor's" ( make of this comment what you will) proposals on gun control? THis was in Brookfield and their was also a town election going on. I voted "NO".

Voting for one person is never taking a vote from someone else.

1992 Presidential Election, Clinton (a draft dodger who only served two terms in Arkansas) took down an entrenchened President who had a little hiccup of a recession at the end of his term but otherwise was successful. Oh yea, that was also the year that Perot was on the ballot.

I think it's important to note that Clinton won and became the first Democrat incumbant since Franklin Roosevelt to have a second term. One failure leads to a domino.

My point is we turn the tables and once you get a Republican in then change starts to happen.

Winslow is the only one with a chance at beating Markey/Lynch... and he's better on the issues. Voting for Winslow is a win-win proposition.

1992 Presidential Election, Clinton (a draft dodger who only served two terms in Arkansas) took down an entrenchened President who had a little hiccup of a recession at the end of his term but otherwise was successful. Oh yea, that was also the year that Perot was on the ballot.

I think it's important to note that Clinton won and became the first Democrat incumbant since Franklin Roosevelt to have a second term. One failure leads to a domino.

My point is we turn the tables and once you get a Republican in then change starts to happen.

I mean I understand your argument, I just think its silly. People who voted for Perot did so because they thought he was the best choice on the ballot, not because they wanted to hurt or help a mainstream candidate. Clinton won because more people thought he was a better choice for president than George Bush or Ross Perot. I don't want to turn the tables from one group of statists to another, I want to make real change and promote freedom, something that most Republicans fail to do along with their Democratic counterparts.

Last edited:
I will not support social conservatism. I refuse too. And I don't understand why über conservatives who want less government tell us who we can marry, or what our family values to be, or wether we can have abortions or not. Don't even get me started on the Patriot Act.

That is Sullivan. If he's the only dog in the race, then he'll get my vote. God knows I would rather die than vote for that clown Markey.

It must feel good to be able to vote for someone that you actually believe in. Few and far between.

I mean I understand your argument, I just think its silly. People who voted for Perot did so because they thought he was the best choice on the ballot, not because they wanted to hurt or help a mainstream candidate. Clinton won because more people thought he was a better choice for president than George Bush and Ross Perot. I don't want to turn the tables from one group of statists to another, I want to make real change and promote freedom, something that most Republicans fail to do along with their Democratic counterparts.

620%20-%20chris_jericho%20clapping%20gif%20wwe.gif

Back
Top Bottom