Which height for scope rings?

SKS Ray

NES Member
Ray, that is a tough call. Will there be much room under scope with lower set? I always thought it was better to be lower and I have the lowest comfortable rings on my BAR and A-Bolt. If you want to shoot either one I am going to club Saturday and you can try them as well as my AR if you like.

Ray, that is a tough call. Will there be much room under scope with lower set? I always thought it was better to be lower and I have the lowest comfortable rings on my BAR and A-Bolt. If you want to shoot either one I am going to club Saturday and you can try them as well as my AR if you like.

I always try to get the lowest mount possible when dealing with rings. The way I look at it is if I can fit a few playing cards in between the barrel and bell, I'm good to go.
I'm thinking of going with the Med height rings and I guess I can always send them back for an exchange if they're the wrong size.
Midway has a height chart for choosing rings but I can't make heads or tails of it. [thinking]

I always try to get the lowest mount possible when dealing with rings. The way I look at it is if I can fit a few playing cards in between the barrel and bell, I'm good to go.
I'm thinking of going with the Med height rings and I guess I can always send them back for an exchange if they're the wrong size.
Midway has a height chart for choosing rings but I can't make heads or tails of it. [thinking]

I can honestly say I have only bought them off the shelf for my shotgun, the others were ordered with right ones I guess.

The A-Bolt needs taller rings since the scope is 50mm and sits too far forward for me. It is nearly 2 cards from the bbl.

Medium will be fine. No AO correct! I use medium rings and a 38mm scope and still have plenty of room on my 110. jp

Back
Top Bottom