• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where to shoot near Nashua nh

Something that's kinda crazy moving from California to New Hampshire is the lack of public, outdoor rifle ranges. I probably just don't know them yet I bet.

So, where are some places I can bring out my high powers rifles to 100+ yards? Anywhere that's within 1 hr?

Where are some good places to shoot steel targets at 50-200+ yards?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm new to that area (from MA) too, I am unaware of any public ranges in SE NH. Clubs seem to have caps and waiting lists, but I was able to get on the waiting list and join Londonderry F&G in February. Unsure if they still have any openings at this point. They have 200/400 yd range. No indoor range or indoor facilities usable by members (a real outhouse). The orientation day I attended it was muddy and rutted with snow/ice so I didn't venture to look at the ranges, and I haven't been back since then. We're still in process of being in NH for contractors doing work on our new home. Their website shows some pictures that might be helpful.

What we lack in public outdoor ranges, we make up with private membership Fish & Game clubs with well-maintained 100 yard ranges, and a few which let you reach out even further. Or just get permission to shoot on private land in a rural area.

So, where are some places I can bring out my high powers rifles to 100+ yards? Anywhere that's within 1 hr?
There are plenty of clubs with 100 yard ranges within an hour of Nashua, just need to get on the waiting list.

F&G has a listing of clubs.

Why limit yourself to 200 yards? And it depends what you mean by "high power". Within 20 minutes of you...

Nashua Fish & Game Association | Promoting the outdoor sports

https://www.pelhamfishandgame.org/

Not sure about Nashua's 600 yard range, but Pelham has one as well and also steel targets at 200 meters. I don't think there's a caliber limit. I've shot .338 magnum there with a club officer. You need to qualify first to shoot on that range, as you also need to do to use the 600 yard range.

There is Granite State indoor pistol/rifle range. Plus its a fully stocked gun shop to. Located in Hudson Nh.

So I checked out them and Manchester firing line. While I would love to go there for pistol and some rifles, my main shooters are an akm and sks in 7.62x39. neither of those ranges allow steel case

Something that's kinda crazy moving from California to New Hampshire is the lack of public, outdoor rifle ranges. I probably just don't know them yet I bet.

Thanks

Buy a cheap piece of property < 1 hour drive and go nuts. It will beat the waiting list and caps at the local ranges.

Just find a gravel pit, introduce yourself to the owner, ply him with a case of beer, and politely ask permission to shoot. Most will let you if you don't make a mess or act like a clown.

Why limit yourself to 200 yards? And it depends what you mean by "high power". Within 20 minutes of you...

Nashua Fish & Game Association | Promoting the outdoor sports

https://www.pelhamfishandgame.org/

Not sure about Nashua's 600 yard range, but Pelham has one as well and also steel targets at 200 meters. I don't think there's a caliber limit. I've shot .338 magnum there with a club officer. You need to qualify first to shoot on that range, as you also need to do to use the 600 yard range.

So long story short: court a landowner to use their property, buy my own, attend a public day at a private club, or join a private club. Gotcha. I'm gonna start looking up public days and see which club I can join. Probably Pelham or Nashua. Thanks

You may be confusing steel casings ammo with steel jacketed ammo. Granite doesn't allow steel jacketed because it can spark and ignite unburned powder that is around the range. You can use steel cased ammo like Tula or Wolf.

So I checked out them and Manchester firing line. While I would love to go there for pistol and some rifles, my main shooters are an akm and sks in 7.62x39. neither of those ranges allow steel case

You may be confusing steel casings ammo with steel jacketed ammo. Granite doesn't allow steel jacketed because it can spark and ignite unburned powder that is around the range. You can use steel cased ammo like Tula or Wolf.

Most Wolf/Tula ammo is bimetal jacketed, which means it has a steel jacket with a copper wash on it.

Tula has come out with a line of "range friendly" ammo which has no steel in the bullet.

TulAmmo Range Friendly 7.62x39mm Ammo 122 Grain FMJ Steel Case

Back
Top Bottom