Where to find AK74 front sight block on the cheap?

I'm looking to get an AK74 front sight block to put on my SLR95 so I can put a 74 style brake on it. Trouble is, the only ones I can find are new production at $75+ a pop.anyone know where I can find a surplus or takeoff in good shape for cheaper?

lol. nowhere.
it's been a problem for a few years now. they used to sell them at k-var for like 15-20 bucks but no more.
for my recent conversion it was actually cheaper to buy bulgy ak74 kit and scavenge it for needed parts than buy sight block by itself, i sold unused parts on ebay and gunbroker and recovered most of my money. as much as i would love for such place to exist - it does not. sorry dude.

alternatively, if you already have M14 threads on the rifle, you can go much easier and a lot cheaper way by buying M14 to M24 adapter which is very cheap, like around 20-25 bucks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my barrel isn't threaded... though I might still make out cheaper getting that done and then slapping on the adapter...

Unfortunately my barrel isn't threaded... though I might still make out cheaper getting that done and then slapping on the adapter...

you definitely will. threading is a piece of cake, just make sure to use thread alignment tool (TAT). it's sold generally along as part of th threading kit

Back
Top Bottom