• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where is an IED when you need one?

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/articles/article.html?id=10287

Clark wants to join the legions of attorneys trying to save one of history's most brutal and vicious dictators. The hero of the American left rides again, this time into Iraq.

Treason In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor.

Revoke his citizenship.

I'd like to see what his head would look like after a hit from a .50 from 300yds!

The second he steps foot into the trial, the US should arrest him for treason, try him back here, and put him to DEATH!

Ramsy Clark has always taken up unpopular causes. It is important, however, if we are teaching the Iraqi's about how to govern themselves (at least that is what a lot of folks who post to this forum tell me, anyway) then it is absolutely essential that Saddam Hussein get as fair a trial as possible. (Hey...I don't make the rules, you pro-war folks tell me that we are making progress everyday, so this is progress, a high profile, well known left wing attorney to defend Saddam, why it's just like something out of California or Cambridge...what could be better!). I cannot think of a better example of teaching good citizenship and democracy with all that it implies, than having a former attorney general of the United States serve as his defense counsel.

Now if it was me who was part of the unit that found Saddam in that hole, my story would have been "I saw him reach for his gun and I shot him, that's my story and I am sticking to it." But it regretfully didn't happen that way.

Be careful what you wish for. Those of you who want to give the Iraqi's the gift of democracy and the judicial system that comes with it.

Regards,

Mark

Let him go to Saddam's defense. He's being tried in Iraq. It will be rather difficult to find a truely impartial jury. Clark will lose, and Saddam will be beheaded, or however they carry out a death sentence over there, and Clark will come back a loser. Fine by me.

Mark,

It isn't the fact that he is defending Saddam. It's the fact that he always trys to find a way to stick it to America. Plain and simple. If he wants to defend war criminals, fine, deport him to France with the rest of the spineless asshats.

Give Saddam the trial he doesn't deserve, with what ever defense counsel he wishes to have. Bottom line is we already stoped the likes of him before in WWII. Ramsey Clark should not be a citizen of this country.

But I'm sure you're right, we are just telling you this so hopefully you'll believe it someday. It is the liberal way to cut and run like a coward. You can only run for so long Mark. The fact of the matter is they want to kill 4 million Americans to even the score. Lets keep the fight off of our turf.

Maybe your idea of running away will work. They will probably forget how much they hate us and leave us alone. [roll]

Ah so...methinks you are all getting very emotional and making much ado about nothing. In the end, Saddam will be found guilty.

Ramsey Clark has the right to defend whomever he pleases as long as the court in which he practices law in recognizes him, and the Iraqui court has.

As far as the cut and run remark goes, I'll ignore it. It smacks of an ad hominem attack upon me. Derek, it's your forum. Just remember, I wore a uniform a hell of a lot longer than you did, and I am involved in Homeland Security on a daily basis. What do you do regarding the war on terrorism on a daily basis, besides run a forum where people wish that a former cabinet official of the United States be shot in the head with a 50 cal sniper rifle, or get blown up by an IED ?

Personally, I have no rancor...but I am amused :)

With all best wishes,

Mark

derek said:
But I'm sure you're right, we are just telling you this so hopefully you'll believe it someday. It is the liberal way to cut and run like a coward. You can only run for so long Mark. The fact of the matter is they want to kill 4 million Americans to even the score. Lets keep the fight off of our turf.

Maybe your idea of running away will work. They will probably forget how much they hate us and leave us alone. [roll]

I think I read the same post you're responding to, Derek, but I didn't see where Mark said anything about cutting and running. Um... what are you talking about [?]

mark056 said:
What do you do regarding the war on terrorism on a daily basis, besides run a forum where people wish that a former cabinet official of the United States be shot in the head with a 50 cal sniper rifle, or get blown up by an IED ?

Who said anything about a 50 cal sniper rifle? I was talking about a 50 cal corroded lead ball fired from a muzzleloader with a magnum charge of powder!

mark056 said:
Just remember, I wore a uniform a hell of a lot longer than you did, and I am involved in Homeland Security on a daily basis. What do you do regarding the war on terrorism on a daily basis, besides run a forum where people wish that a former cabinet official of the United States be shot in the head with a 50 cal sniper rifle, or get blown up by an IED ?

I served eight years Mark. What more does my country expect from me? If you have an opening over there at the great Homeland Security office please send me the info and I'll send in my resume.

As far as your cut and run policy, this was what I was referring to.

http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=2704&highlight=

I'm sure with you wearing the uniform longer than me it makes you feel better, you'll always have that. [wink]

Don't ever question my loyalty to this country or the war on terror. You know nothing about me of what I have done.

I think I may have the record for military longevity for this forum, 33+ years, and I AGREE with Derek.

The length of time you've served has nothing to do with Clark's treason.

"Don't ever question my loyalty to this country or the war on terror. You know nothing about me of what I have done." Derek

Derek,

You could say the same for me.

They are plenty of jobs available in the Homeland Security arena for those who have the right credentials. Since I obviously know nothing about you or what you have done, I regret that I cannot help you in that area. If you want to email me your resume, I'll see what I can do to help you. Please PM me.

Anger, my friend, is a luxury that few of us can afford to have, but it is your forum, your rules....if you open up your forum to the general public then you have to realize that not everyone is going to agree with you. It's that simple.

Do not assume that just because someone supports the Second Amendment that they are necessarily going to support the war in Iraq. It is a dangerous thing indeed to pigeonhole people and put labels on them. Not everyone who supports the Second Amendment is necessarily a conservative, either, I truly regret that I cannot fit into your mould, but rather than label myself a liberal or a conservative, I would rather just say that I am an independent thinker.

Again, I find your most recent response both interesting and enlightening.

With all best wishes,

Mark

I always appreciate a different point of view even if I don't agree with it. With that being said, I am free to reply with what I feel is necessary.

Nobody is going to run you out for being a "Free Thinker". We just won't always see eye to eye.

I have to wonder what his true motives are. It seems to me that Clark lives his life under the theory that America is evil. So then why doesn't he renounce his citizenship?
America is a great country- he has the freedom to spout whatever beliefs he has, despite how offensive anyone else finds them. However, in the end, if what you are holding dear is the idea that the country of your birth is the worst piece of dirt on this earth, there are tons of other countries to live in.
Why does he stay here- except for the fact that he gets attention?

It would be interesting if Bush, Schwarzkopf and Powell filed a counter suit...

I firmly believe that, no matter what your individual beliefs are, you have the right to fight for them. Just don't expect somebody else to not fight back.

SiameseRat said:
I have to wonder what his true motives are. It seems to me that Clark lives his life under the theory that America is evil. So then why doesn't he renounce his citizenship?

Most countries (including France, I would think) wouldn't put up with his crap.

He would have one or two choices.

UK or Canada.

People tend to take certain of our freedoms for granted.

Free Speech is on the top of that list.

Gun ownership used to be, but, due to our current restrictions, we're far from the best country in this regard.

SiameseRat said:
I firmly believe that, no matter what your individual beliefs are, you have the right to fight for them. Just don't expect somebody else to not fight back.

+1. Nicely put SR.

Mark, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. It's possible that you don't realize some of your comments come across as very condescending, and in some instances, as goading. You're more than welcome to state whatever views you believe, but as SR so aptly put, don't think you won't receive return fire.

Mod hat on:

For all:

Let's not personalize things here.

- No members of the forum should be attacked for their views (politicians and people in the "public arena" are fair game).

- Nobody should take the "I'm doing more for my Country than you" attitude! That is plain rude, and we pride ourselves on being civil to each other here.

* How do you equate years in the military to years in LE to years building defense systems as a civilian to years working in "homeland security"?

* All of these are necessary to make the country safe. One isn't inherently more or less valuable than the other.

Back
Top Bottom