• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where do you shoot?

Indoors:
Manchester Firing Line. I love renting their full auto MP5's. For handguns, they allow anything. For my rifles I can shoot their as long as I use their frangible rounds. But for FAL and HK type weapons, frangible rounds don't eject the brass. Also they are expensice. $11.00 for 20 (for members). But still I guess that's better than nothing.

Outdoors:
Someone showed me this secret isolated place in NH. But looks like I can't go there anymore. They put up a gate blocking the road into that place just recently[thinking] ... so now I have to join a fish and game club, planning to join Londonderry Fish and Game club.

wherewolf said:
I shoot at MRA, Reading R&R and Cape Ann.

Not sure if there's a mag capacity limit on the indoor range, but the outdoor 100 and 200 yd ranges have a limit of 1 round in the rifle. [roll]

This is why I don't use the outdoor range, if I want to shoot high power I'll go to Reading.

There is no magazine limit for rifles or pistols in the Loeb Range. The rule as to how fast you send the rounds down range is: "controlled fire" (i.e., are you hitting what you're aiming at - some can do it faster than others).

North Leominster Rod & Gun Club, Shirley Rod & Gun Club, Fitchburg Rod & Gun Club, and every Sunday I blow off Howie At Tyngsboro Sportsman. Club!!! [laugh]

N. Leominster has the best rifle range out of the one I visit, but they seem to shut it down allot for skeet and trap shoots!!! They kicked me out of the range! Day before deer season in VT and I had to sight in my rifle. After that incident I stopped going and went to Shirley!!! A Hunters club not a bunch of clay chasers!!!!

[laugh2]
Sorry Howie
[rolleyes]

anthonyne said:
Wow, everyone here is from central or western Mass, I feel so left out.
Cape Ann Sportsman's or a gravel pit pretty close to my house.

It can seem that way, but there are actually several of us from the metrowest area. Hang in there. [grin]

I shoot at Cape ann as well most know me I usally have some type of large bore rifle Browning 1885 45/70 or same in 40/65
My baby Shiloh 1874 Sharps 45/70 with a RHO period scope in six power
If you want peace prepare for war

beretta92d said:
there's a place about 2-3 miles from my place called the manchester firing line.i'm planning on getting a membership there soon.i just wished they had an outdoor range,25 yard indoor only.but atleast i can rent anything from a revolver to full auto machine gun [twisted]

not to mention i'll get 25% off ammo,rentals,etc

www.gunsnh.com

Yea MFL is cool i have been there twice. cool rentles although a lil dirty (but I like em)

worth a visit

The club I do most of my shooting at is out in Athol;

Woodsman rifle & Pistol Club
390 Doe Valley Road
Athol MA 01331

Contact: Nancy King (978) 249-6103. Call and leave a message if you're interested.

Facilities: 50' inside range .22, .25, .32, .38, .45/outside range most anything - trap Friday PM; pin shoots 4th Sunday of each month
Activities: pin shoots, trap, youth league with USRA, pistol team
Training: Training for FID cards & LTCs
Membership: $45 per year, your own key, $3 range per person per visit
Directions: Rte. 2 East or West exit 17 to Route South 32 .9 of a mile to right on Woodlawn Rd/on .9 of a mile club house on right

This is a small club, nothing fancy here. There is an inside 50' range for pistol & .22 rifle and an outdoor 75 yard range with covered shooting stations.
It's pretty much anything goes outdoors, just no glass targets and clean up after yourself when you're done. They are not shooting trap there though - not enough interest at this time. Most of the time I have the place to myself.

Last edited:
You guys still using the same club or have things changed for you? Where do you shoot nowadays?
Nice resurrection. I belong to Mass Rifle but I haven't been there in years.
Since I'm in NH almost every weekend I just walk out the back door and fire away.

Private property, we have a nice set up with steel targets and boards for paper targets. Have a set up at 50 yds and 100yds.

Gardner Pistol Club ( usually only go there during the winter months because it's indoors)

Royalston Rod & Gun Club

archiving a thread thats 18 years old ??? In the future please dont, just start a new thread with your question.

Huh???

The heck is wrong with bringing back a good thread. I love seeing old threads come back. Half of the idiots on this site bitch about new threads being made about old topics, half bitch about old threads being brought back up with new topics, and the third half just bitches about how NH is gonna one day enact a gun law so they can feel better about bending over for the lesbian pronoun fags that run the state of Massachusetts so they can justify remaining in a state that they hate every minute of living in.

My point is: This is a good thread. Keep it rolling.

You guys still using the same club or have things changed for you? Where do you shoot nowadays?
Park County Rod and Gun Club, Livingston MT. Also shoot a lot on state lands. We practice off our packs, tripods and trekking poles out to 600 yards.

Used to shoot at Worcester Rifle and Pistol, and Auburn Sportmans Club.

Back
Top Bottom