when your life is on the line..........

would you trust it with a .38sp.snub nose? is it a good ccw? only 5 shots,and to put them on target is not easy.

I carry it as as second gun. If I am in super close quarters with an assailant, I will stick it in their solar plexus and pull the trigger until it goes "click". Otherwise, the G33 will come out first.

I sure would. Mine has .38 +P hollow points in it. And its not that hard to be accurate with it... my groups are about 1" at 15 feet. Although, that is with the laser. Not quite as good without it. Crimson Trace laser grips do come in handy with this type of gun.

The model 36 and it's variants were THE most prominent CCW guns for a couple of decades, and I used to carry one on a daily basis.

They are small, concealable, and absolutely reliable.

With good grips, ammo, and practice they are a good gun IMHO
Speed loaders help with the 5 shot capacity, but in warmer weather when I didn't have a jacket I'd use speed strips.

IN my world there are J frame revolvers where I can get to them in seconds. The high capacity laser gripped tac light equipped semi auto is locked up... I trust my J frames

It depends on whether I am trying to win the fight or get my ass out of it. If I have my G29 with 26 rounds of 10mm on me, I might try and win it. If I have a S&W 442 w/ 5 rounds of .38 +p, I'm prolly going to try to use what I have to cover myself so I can get my ass out of dodge.

I trust all my revolvers completely.

One on one or even two on one, I feel no disadvantage. More than that.....ufffff.

i am waiting for mine to come in for summer. i have not heard of anyone unhappy with his product.
I like how the mouth stays open wide so as to not colapse or get in the way in your pocket, it conforms to the full area of the pocket very nicely and it's generic enough to fit alot of different pocket guns.

It depends on whether I am trying to win the fight or get my ass out of it.

That's why I got rid of mine. It was too comfortable to only carry 5 rounds, and nothing else ever made it out of the safe for a few months. I realized that "it's better than nothing" was almost becoming a mantra. [laugh]

Now the smallest thing I carry is a G33 with a 15 round spare mag, much better combo IMO.

If it is all you got, I would.

Agreed. If I have any other option, I'm going bigger, but if it's all you have, it's better than nothing. [wink]

38s have been around a long time. A lot of lives have been saved by them.
To me they earned their right to be respected.
Well lets face it they sure as hell beat flicking a booger at a bad guy
My 36 - wouldn't leave home without it!!!!!!!!!

1. Yes
2. Yes - It is my carry gun of choice.
3. I am more accurate with this gun than I am my 3rd gen full-size S&W 9mm.

That's why I got rid of mine. It was too comfortable to only carry 5 rounds, and nothing else ever made it out of the safe for a few months. I realized that "it's better than nothing" was almost becoming a mantra. [laugh]

Now the smallest thing I carry is a G33 with a 15 round spare mag, much better combo IMO.

Agreed. If I have any other option, I'm going bigger, but if it's all you have, it's better than nothing. [wink]
Try giving him a curteous call "just for an undate". I'll be he bumps you to the top of the list. Remeber, he makes all of his holsters by hand as a side business [grin]

That's why you need a pocketable, small caliber semi [wink]

would you trust it with a .38sp.snub nose? is it a good ccw? only 5 shots,and to put them on target is not easy.

Its what I carry in the summer (for the most part). As with any gun, it takes practice to hit the target. And not, not as many rounds as an auto, but it IS better than nothing.

There are several sites dedicated to sub use. Very informative. There's even a yahoo group

Snubby

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom