• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

When do you give negative iTrader feedback?

Agreed on all counts.

I recently made an offer to a fellow NES Member on an item. They accepted. Then they disappeared. I'm disappointed. But if they can live with themselves, and their ethics, or lack of them, so be it.

I'm not getting into a twist about it.

That is a perfect example of a deal that needs to have feedback left for it. Bad or neutral, people need to know about stuff like that.

I think the only time I would leave negative feedback is if they took my money and then never gave me the item I paid for. Unless you did a money transaction how can you leave a negative trader feedback if no transaction took place. I believe negative feedback is aimed at people losing money and never receiving what they paid for. Someone had a Mosin pistol I was interested in buying and I sent a PM stating my interest. A couple weeks later I sent another PM. I never did receive a reply so I figured he probably sold it but never updated the thread leaving people to think it's still for sale. Should I of left him negative trader feedback for this just because he was to lazy to either update the thread or just to simply respond to my 2 PM's stating the pistol is no longer for sale. Forgetting it is the right thing to do since I didn't lose any money.

selling is a pain in the ass, however when i have finally sold an item i have had good experiences with all the buyers--so give yourselves a pat on the back for being good dudes. [cheers]

all you guys who offered me $225 for an unfired after factory refurbishing glock 22 with 100 rounds of ammo, and three magazines are lucky i didn't neg rep every single one of your posts you ever made in addition to hitting you on itrader. you know who you are (must have been four of these dudes, all offering $225, too!). [angry]

I'm prepared to offer $275

If you are selling something, it only goes without saying that people are going to ask questions. When is the last time you bought something sight unseen without asking any questions? I sell alot of reloading items here, and go out of my way to give what I would call a detailed description. If a person has questions after that, to me it means they are serious. It also helps to limit inbound neg rep from people who got something different than what was described,(in their view).
However, if people bail on a sale after having said "I'll take it.", and you lose the other interested parties, I have a problem with that. I still use neg rep and neg feedback as the "nuclear option".

I wont list it spf unless I know the person directly already and they are true to their word. I have had a bunch of people want stuff and back out for different reasons. I would draw the line with not calling or showing at a pre arranged time with the neg rep. At least have the courtesy or balls to tell me you dont want my item.

I also make sure I tell all other interested parties that the item is sold instead of ignoring their pms

Back
Top Bottom