When do you give negative iTrader feedback?

The thing that upsets me is the people who post for their "friends". The way i see it, if your friend wants to sell something, let him go green. They call that freeloading where i am from.

Maybe, but people have friends who don't even come on NES or online at all, so unless sold on NES by the NES'r, the person with the gun to sell, would likely just go sell it to, or at, a gun shop. By selling things for others, more things get put up for sale for NES'rs to buy, which benefits us.

To add to that, I've sold an item for a fellow greenie on here. He just didn't have the time to deal with replying and everything, I took care of the legwork for him.

Last edited:
When I sell guns on NES, I ask a fair price (when I feel like taking a flyer and posting an outlandish price just to see if someone will take it, I post it elsewhere).

As a result, I usually get multiple people offering to buy the gun at my asking price. I will always sell to the person that makes it easiest for me.

selling is a pain in the ass, however when i have finally sold an item i have had good experiences with all the buyers--so give yourselves a pat on the back for being good dudes. [cheers]

all you guys who offered me $225 for an unfired after factory refurbishing glock 22 with 100 rounds of ammo, and three magazines are lucky i didn't neg rep every single one of your posts you ever made in addition to hitting you on itrader. you know who you are (must have been four of these dudes, all offering $225, too!). [angry]

How about $225, a couple of bottles of cheap vodka, and all the squid you can vomit. If you throw in the Tupperware case, I'll toss in a lobster bib and a smiley face bag to puke in.

As a result, I usually get multiple people offering to buy the gun at my asking price. I will always sell to the person that makes it easiest for me.

Yep, that sorta just happened to me. I have been putting in my ads for a long time now that I reserve the right to sell to whoever I choose. This harps back to the day when a person could post in the WTS thread, and a lot of people were under the assumption that the 1st guy that says I'll take it gets it.

"Tire kickers" don't bother me, even if they ask a lot of questions and never respond back.

I'm not even bothered by people that say "I'll take it" then disappear - If I don't hear from somebody for a few days I just relist the item.

One of the few things that bugs the crap out of me is someone that sets up a meeting and blows it off. I don't care if I'm buying something, selling something, or giving something away. If someone sets up a meeting and doesn't show or call, they'll get negative feedback. Conversely, I won't sell something to someone that has such feedback, nor will I buy from them.

That goes for people that try to renegotiate at the meeting too.

This I sat in a parking lot for 2 hours and the guy was a no show.....vanished and never answered my calls,text,postings here while I sat there.

my rules for selling stuff and not getting aggravated:
dont meet in parking lots, use your garage (home field advantage) or their place if you are the buyer.
dont hold stuff for people without a deposit ($20 paypal weeds out the jerks faster than obama says " pay your fair share".
Post good pictures and information to reduce doing more work than it takes to post good pics and information ( a stitch in time saves nine).
When you have a meeting set, tell them to call you to confirm in the morning or night before, i usually email or text this instruction and tell them: No confirm, then i figure the meeting is not on.

Now that has happened to me as well...maybe the same guy!!!!
My biggest gripe is the LOW BALL offers. . We all like a bargain.. but some are ridiculous...
Hang in there..
Perhaps my initial post was misunderstood. I'm not complaining about answering questions or sending pictures. But if a guy writes me and asks a bunch of questions, or requests a bunch of pictures, or asks "is that ammo/scope/extra magazine included," and I respond, I expect a response back. Even if it's just "thanks, but this isn't the gun I'm looking for," I still expect the common courtesy of a response.

It's particularly annoying when the answer to the question couldn't possibly cause them to lose interest in the gun (i.e. they ask "is that optional accessory included" and I say "yes") and they still never respond, implying they never really had a real interest in the gun in the first place. I think there are a lot of guys out there who use the Classified section as their own personal gun show, and ask questions, request pictures and make offers just for their own entertainment with no intent in ever actually buying anything.

Now that has happened to me as well...maybe the same guy!!!!
My biggest gripe is the LOW BALL offers. . We all like a bargain.. but some are ridiculous...
Hang in there..
when someone lowballs you, ask them where they are buying those guns for their offer price so you could buy at that price too.
when i quote a job and somebody says they can get it for X, i say give me his name and i will sub out all my work to him for that price and will charge X more.

I learned that recently. Where I come from, and according to time-honered bargaining tradition, "will you take $xyz for it" is an offer. Reneging on it is dishonorable. I let it go, but in the future I will make it clear that asking me if I'll sell it for a particular price is considered an offer, and I'm not answering just to satisfy someone's curiosity. If you make an offer and don't follow through you get negative feedback. If the moderators/admins decide to delete negative feedback regardless of the circumstances or out of favoritism they ultimately hurt themselves in that it makes the community less valuable.

This

On the other hand, I have no problem at all with low ball offers. An offer is an offer, I take no offense. Now if it's ridiculous they shouldn't expect a reply, but I would probably reply anyway. But if someone makes an offer they should be prepared to buy it if the offer is accepted.

Have run into this before and I keep the firearm Listed as available until I have cash. First one to meet and make the deal gets it. I don't hold anything without a cash deposit and a time frame too buy. Also I want to say just because you are looking at it does not mean you are buying it. Sometimes pictures can be misleading or the firearm might not be what they are looking for. No big deal I liken that with just buying a car without driving it or sitting in it. Had a few said no when they saw it. No worries because its still Available until I get cash. Have had about a dozen good experiences except for one tool who expected me to buy site unseen even though I was clear about it. I don't ask potential buyers to commit until they see it and consider it the cost of doing business.

I also reserve the right to sell to whomever I want to. That makes some people mad but I am looking to sell. If you want it tell me when and where. I don't even mind sending pictures since most of the people in here live far from me.

Last edited:
Be careful posting it as SPF, or at least save a backup copy of your ad... I marked a rifle as SPF, and the ad was deleted shortly after before the sale was final. Luckily there wasn't any issues with the buyer, and it was a successful sale. Would have sucked to have to type that whole thing up again.

I made two purchases via the classifieds recently. Both were uneventful, and, upon completion, I issued both sellers positive feedback. Neither issued me feedback.

I don't know exactly why this pisses me off, but it does. I guess I foolishly expect even strangers whom I have met through an online forum to be courteous.

I have done 10 transactions so far and all have been excellent :) I have had a few tire kickers that have set up times and kept cancelling or didn't show, I won't leave any feedback unless someone did something bad, like burn rubber down my driveway or keep harassing me etc, unless there was a transaction better not to leave any feedback, it's not solely about someones reputation as much as it is about the product your buying and selling, not everyone is Mister happy or on time when they should be, shit happens, but with that said some sort of contact before one negs on a deal should be done.

Tim

@JamesD

Some people might not know about feedback, I didn't know I could leave any for a few folks that bought stuff from me when I first started selling, it wasn't until I was messing around on my profile that I found you could ~ I would send a PM and ask them about it.

Tim [thumbsup]

Last edited:
@JamesD

Some people might not know about feedback, I didn't know I could leave any for a few folks that bought stuff from me when I first started selling, it wasn't until I was messing around on my profile that I found you could ~ I would send a PM and ask them about it.

Tim [thumbsup]

This might not be true. When you leave a feedback to a person, the person will get an acknowledge PM. An email will be generated to user. This is the default configuration for your user account.

So, either that person is fed up with you and really don't give a shit, they will ignore this.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

the only lame transaction i've had here was my first buy. it was a bait and switch on ammo - seller said it was name brand, so i agreed to buy and drove to meet. it way expensive, but i didn't know any better...i had my LTC for a couple weeks. turns out it was reloads. one box was short 20 rounds too. he offered to take it all back for refund when i got home, looked it over and sent a wtf email. wasn't worth my time to return it, plus i needed ammo that night...got some money returned for the half-box. good lesson anyhow.

i didn't leave negative or neutral reps because i decided to do the transaction anyhow. looking back i could have just not repped at all.

some people...

Last edited:
the only lame transaction i've had here was my first buy. it was a bait and switch on ammo - seller said it was name brand, so i agreed to buy and drove to meet. it way expensive, but i didn't know any better...i had my LTC for a couple weeks. turns out it was reloads. one box was short 20 rounds too. he offered to take it all back for refund when i got home, looked it over and sent a wtf email. wasn't worth my time to return it, plus i needed ammo that night...got some money returned for the half-box. good lesson anyhow.

You didnt leave any feedback indicating such an experience.

Whats to stop people from falling into that trap again if no one speaks up?

You didnt leave any feedback indicating such an experience.

Whats to stop people from falling into that trap again if no one speaks up?
i had the option to return them when i discovered they were reloads (had to use google) and chose to keep them. he likely made $40-50 profit for all his antics. not a real high roller.

again, i'd had my LTC for 2 weeks - anyone with a quarter of a clue about ammo would not have been in that situation anyhow

he's got to reconcile being a douche with totally clueless stranger, but i learned a valuable lesson. i got the better end of the deal, imo. frankly, if we meet again, i'd buy him a beer, call him a douche to his face and we'd laugh about it.

Exactly, I consider questions, disappearances, low-ball offers all part of the sales process. If someone commits to show up and doesn't even call to cancel, I would consider negative feedback. Luckily in the few dozen transactions I have done here, they have all been beyond perfect and exceeded my expectations.
Chris

Please leave neg feedback if warranted. I neither want to buy from nor sell to a DB. If he/she stiffed you, they'll probably stiff me.

It makes me wonder if I should start sending negative feedback for all these time wasters and tire kickers. I mean, if I did, and everyone else did as well, I'm sure a pattern would start to emerge for certain users. If I got a PM from a guy asking questions and requesting more pictures, and I could check his iTrader feedback and see he's got 10 instances of negative feedback for wasting other guys' time, maybe it would save me from wasting my time too.

I sell on eBay occasionally, and 10 times out of 10 when I get questions it is because I omitted something important in my Description, or did not include good pics of important areas.

I take questions as an opportunity to improve my skills at Listing. I thank those making the questions, and have never concerned myself with whether they eventually buy or not.

But that's just me.

On the other hand, I have no problem at all with low ball offers. An offer is an offer, I take no offense. Now if it's ridiculous they shouldn't expect a reply, but I would probably reply anyway. But if someone makes an offer they should be prepared to buy it if the offer is accepted.

Agreed on all counts.

I recently made an offer to a fellow NES Member on an item. They accepted. Then they disappeared. I'm disappointed. But if they can live with themselves, and their ethics, or lack of them, so be it.

I'm not getting into a twist about it.

That goes for people that try to renegotiate at the meeting too.

If it is a WELL-USED FIREARM, and the guy has no pics to show, and an inadequate Description, I make it a point to ask if the price is negotiable BEFORE setting up a meeting.

If they are ok with that, I'll drive over and see what happens. If they expect me commit at their price, SIGHT UNSEEN, no deal.

Be careful posting it as SPF, or at least save a backup copy of your ad... I marked a rifle as SPF, and the ad was deleted shortly after before the sale was final. Luckily there wasn't any issues with the buyer, and it was a successful sale. Would have sucked to have to type that whole thing up again.

Agreed - Been there.

BUT - Solution: Save any listing as a Document and then cut-and-paste into the Classified. I think you knew this already, though [grin].

I almost did this with my first Karma that Atilla won, I felt like a dick because I made a big point about saying which brand it was and then checked it later on... and I was wrong... I also think I shorted him ten or so... as I had 10 extra rounds when I got home; but hey, it was free.

I'm against selling things that are weapon related... as I need my measly 7 guns and accessories; however, every buying experience I have had has been superbly positive. Quick responses to questions, working with me on meet up times and places, and providing exactly what was advertised. I think I like buying stuff from the classifieds more than at the store.
doubt he cared - free is free and appreciated...as long as you didn't hand him a box of angry squirrel

all my other experiences in classifieds have been awesome. my favorite way to buy used stuff.

it's important to know the details about what you're supposed to receive before investing time & money. not much you can do with a bait and switch by buyer or seller...certainly merits negative reps.

Had a couple "I'll Take It" and then back out. Frustrating but cost of business. I get ticked when I have a great transaction, give the other party reps for a solid sale and they don't reciprocate by taking the time to mark it positive.

Back
Top Bottom