When did MA outlaw laser sights or grips??

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
When did MA outlaw laser grips or laser sights?

In a letter in the March 2007 American Rifleman, Tom Burns of Arizona writes
"At least one state (Massachusetts, not surprisingly) has outlawed lasers "because they make the gun more accurate"(!)".

Where did he get that idea? Or have I been asleep and didn't notice it?

Or is this just an urban legend poking fun at an easy target - MA?

Sure! Lasers make guns more accurate..... [rofl] [laugh2] [laugh] [laugh]
That's why I mount two or three on each of mine..... [rolleyes] [laugh] [laugh]

I'd like to know where he got that info myself.

It's illegal in some states (maybe most), to use laser sights for hunting.

Tom Burns is WRONG. There is no such law. It was suggested, after a BG shot a cop with a laser-equipped gun, but no such law was enacted.

He probably saw the "restricted items" list in the Sportsman's Guide catalog and based his statement on that.

Tom Burns is WRONG. There is no such law. It was suggested, after a BG shot a cop with a laser-equipped gun, but no such law was enacted.
OK, that sounds more like it. Thanks, Scrivener. Do you know when this shooting took place?

He probably saw the "restricted items" list in the Sportsman's Guide catalog and based his statement on that.
[rofl] No doubt!!

then I'm ordering laser grips for my glock if they make them....woohoo!!!! As I too thought they were outlawed here.

then I'm ordering laser grips for my glock

No, you want one of these!
glockCloseup.jpg

See them at LaserMax. I'm thinking of selling my Henie Straight-8s and putting one of those on my 26.

-= chuck

You want the Lasergrips for the Glock, not the Lasermax. Cheaper and better, but then again they do alter the grip somewhat.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/crimson-trace-compact-glock-laser-grip-lg-619.html

Crimson Trace Full Size Glock Laser Grip LG-617 w/ FREE UPS
Crimson Trace again demonstrates its technological leadership with Crimson G-Series Lasergrips LG617 for Glock 17, 17L, 20 (3rd Gen Frames only - Fingergroove), 21 (3rd Gen Frames only - Fingergroove), 22, 24, 31, 34, 35, 37. This laser sight is the first user-installed Glock laser system that meets Crimson Trace's strict standards for performance. Crimson LG-617 G-Series Glock Lasergrip feature instant activation, proven durability, extended battery life, user adjustability and are fully compatible with popular white-light systems. Crimson Trace LG 617 Laser-grip Full-Size Glock installs in seconds. Just remove the factory trigger housing pin, slip Crimson Trace Laser Grip over the frame and install the included longer trigger housing pin. Crimson Trace G-Series Full Size Laser Grips feature a rear button that gives instinctive activation and total control of the laser.

Which unit, according to its maker, mounts on the frame.

Just remove the factory trigger housing pin, slip Crimson Trace Laser Grip over the frame and install the included longer trigger housing pin. Crimson Trace G-Series Compact Laser Grips feature a rear button that gives instinctive activation and total control of the laser.

The natural consequence of not having removable grip panels....

For us Brownnosers ! This looks cool !

lms-1911s_large.jpg

'John Moses Browning's masterpiece design in polished stainless'

lms-1911b_large.jpg

Legendary design with a traditional finish

Have you eve seen an ugly 1911? Messed up maybe, but not ugly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom