When CMP goes full on auction most of us are doomed.

Bigger than CMP running out of Garands is CMP running out of HXP ammo. What good is a rifle if the ammo is tough and/or expensive (unless you reload) to find?

Once that's gone, there is no reasonable source of cheaper surplus or new ammo to shoot. How does PPU run per round?

PPU is good stuff and reloadable. Federal makes Garand specific ammo and I think someone else does too. There's also plenty of Pakistani POF surplus, Korean KA & PS surplus, Danish AMA surplus, Taiwan too I believe. Reloading is the best way since you can make far more accurate ammo for cheap and its really simple.

PPU is good stuff and re loadable. Federal makes Garand specific ammo and I think someone else does too. There's also plenty of Pakistani POF surplus, Korean KA & PS surplus, Danish AMA surplus, Taiwan too I believe. Reloading is the best way since you can make far more accurate ammo for cheap and its really simple.

i have bought PPU as low as .74 cents each shipped per 500 rounds in a nice new ammo can as recent as july this year.
If you shoot the M1 regularly you need to stock up. I got in on the HXP sealed tins when it was only .31 c per round shipped and you could get the wood crates with 2 or 4 tins in it. Same with the 54r .
reloading for the M1 is simple and runs about 15-20 cents cheaper than the cheapest surplus you can find. Although I like the surplus stuff as I have a few M1s I still shoot but see very little gains in accuracy from reloads...rather not put my time into reloading for no gain in accuracy.

when pulled M2 and M80 bullets where cheap like 1/4-1/3 of new bullets it was a affordable alternative to load plinking ammo. Now your talking 2-6 cents swing from bulk FMJ to some of the good match bullets?

Back
Top Bottom