• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your fav 1911 magazine?

Your preferred aftermarket 1911 9mm magazine.....

• Total voters
If you complain about the poll choices, add your own.

If you complain about 'oh, 9mm is not a true 1911', get a life, get a Taurus.

If you think ProMag's do NOT suck, sell your guns now.

Last edited:
Image tagged in mr t pity the fool - Imgflip

I tried Tripp Research for my Delta Elite. These mags have the caliber stamped on the mag body. But the stamping was hard enough to deform the mag body such that magazines don’t work properly.

Last edited:
If I’m buying them, WC or Chip’s

The mecgar’s that I’ve gotten with several 1911’s have been solid.

When I sold my 1911, it went with a pile of Wilson Combat 8s and 10s. They were by far my favorite.

I hate myself for selling that gun and hope someday soon I'll have the opportunity to buy it back. @drgrant [wink]

If I’m buying them, WC or Chip’s

The mecgar’s that I’ve gotten with several 1911’s have been solid.
This......from my experience with cheap ass 1911's.......

Before I sold my Rock Islands I'd get an occasional bumble with Mecgars that never seemed to happen with WC.

My Tisas guns.........seem to not bumble with their factory mags at all even though they are mecgar......and I have no 9mm WC mags....but if I did have a problem I'd buy some WC.

chip mccormick. as far as i'm concerned, there is no other magazine for the 1911. i understand chip sold the brand to wilson a few years ago. i have 35 chips when chip was really involved. can't speak for the new ones. i do know i had issues with wilson mags in the past, holding the slide open after the last round, sooo....i dunno now.

I have but one 1911, a Sig.

I had issues with last-round hold open with the stock slide release and the OEM mags.

Upgraded to Wilson Combat mag release and WC mags, and it runs like a top. I think the mags are their 47D's

I have but one 1911, a Sig.

I had issues with last-round hold open with the stock slide release and the OEM mags.

Upgraded to Wilson Combat mag release and WC mags, and it runs like a top. I think the mags are their 47D's

I had an issue with the last round holding open on an sig 1911.

I ended up sanding the pin smooth on the slide stop lever. Fixed the issue. It was a bit rough as it’s MIM.

All my WC’s are 47’s.

Also use Wilson’s in my 9mm Colt Defender

Back
Top Bottom