• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1911 magazine won’t insert fully

I wouldn't.
If it was a used gun, sure. NIB I would send it back.

Why not try an incredibly easy to solve issue, then call CS and tell them what you tried, that it worked with a new mag release and that you would like them to send a new one. If it doesn't work, then send the gun back. Why go through all the hassle of sending it back when it is literally one screw that you don't even need to turn a full turn.

It's like taking your car back to the dealer because a tire is low in air. Maybe put a little air in the tire to see what happens

Take a dremel to any metal part that looks suspicious. Take a little metal off at first, then keep removing material until you have to take it to a gunsmith to fix it. That’s how I roll…
funny or not - it is exactly the solution.

wipe clean the innards of the mag well and wipe it clean dry. use graphite on the magazine all around, either soft pencil, or rub it. some use black sharpie.
then insert the mag, as it rubs, get it out - then observe where the black marks are on the cast metal, then use dremel to fix it.

Why not try an incredibly easy to solve issue, then call CS and tell them what you tried, that it worked with a new mag release and that you would like them to send a new one. If it doesn't work, then send the gun back. Why go through all the hassle of sending it back when it is literally one screw that you don't even need to turn a full turn.

It's like taking your car back to the dealer because a tire is low in air. Maybe put a little air in the tire to see what happens
Nope. Then customer service calls you and says, "You obviously removed the mag release and must have overtightened it. " Or something of the sort.

I will grant you that it is unlikely, but we all have stories just like that. I hear what you are saying.

Nope. Then customer service calls you and says, "You obviously removed the mag release and must have overtightened it. " Or something of the sort.

I will grant you that it is unlikely, but we all have stories just like that. I hear what you are saying.

You can't overtighten a mag release. But why not change it out and find out what the issue is?

why make a thread of you don't plan to do anything to solve the issue.

Not if the mags will go in if you press the mag release
I have a DE1911G that has exhibited some wonky behavior, which was why I brought it up.

I have yet to tear it down to have a look:

Back
Top Bottom