What's your average?

How many trips do you make to the range "average" over the course of 12 months?
1x a month?
1x a week? Just thought I'd start a thread on a Monday morning when I would rather be shooting.

Once a month at a bare minimum, and it's rare that I don't go at least 2-4 times a month, and that's not including things like pin shoots or USPSA matches, etc.

-Mike

i used to go every weekend like clockwork, every sunday morning as soon as i could shoot i'd be out there shooting. now? when i have time/money/ammo. for now it's a bare minumum of once a month because of the pin shoots, but there's been a few visits so far this month and i'm cool with that.

I go for lunch most days during the week (hand gun), except when traveling, and every Sunday (long gun). So probably, 15 - 20 times a month.

Yikes! You must have a budget set aside for ammo [thinking]

I only shoot about 50 rounds during lunch, on the weekends though.... so much more! I do have a large ammo budget, but I don't drink, smoke, gamble and only golf a little. [smile]

I haven't been in about a month. This time of year the local range I go to gets so crowded I don't like to be there when it's shoulder to shoulder. I would rather go to the sandpits alone and shoot my .22 rifle at cans than try to squeeze into a spot at the range when there's 50+ people there.

I've been spending so much time on other hobbies lately anyhow so range time has been on the back burner. Sad, I know.

usually good for once a month unless a buddy wants to go and i make him pay for ammo

If I'm bringing friends who don't already have their own guns, I just let them shoot my stuff and wait to see if they'll offer to throw in money for ammo. Most of them don't, but I understand they don't really know how much ammo costs. One of the last times I took someone, I set them up with my FAL and after every shot he fired, I'd say "There's 75 cents". He got the point. ;)

Mine's 22.76.
Oh, wait. oops. Not my TRAP average.[smile]

At least once a week. Maybe more if we get to the indoor range.

I usually shoot once a week. Sometimes more if time allows. I try to take a new or novice shooter at least once a month.

My son will usually go with me. He is 11 and loves to go to the range and I really enjoy my time with him, especially just the drive to and from the range. I drive slow so that we can talk longer and sometimes will stop for an ice cream or a burger.

I figure it won't be long before he would rather hang out with his friends. We will see

Back
Top Bottom