What's the oldest carry ammo you have in your CCW?

I probably have speer gold dot 9 and 38 from 2012 somewhere in there.

When my grandfather was on the reserve police.. he almost jumped on the .40 bandwagon. So he brought a .40 sigma he hated the thing.. after he passed I found some .40 generic brand ammo from "AA Police supply near Costco" in Dedham in his stuff.

It has to be close to 25 years old.. the SIG
P 226 .40 ate it right up at the range.

When shit started going sideways at the beginning of 2020 the age of my carry ammo came into my mind. It was about 5-6 years old at the time, so I hunted around to find some and replaced it.

5-6 years is probably my oldest 40, or 9mm HST ammo. I'll shoot the mags out and reload with a new box yearly....however, I've got lots of it in stock I bought cheap and stacked deep, and its all the same age or older. I'm not going to blow thru all that older carry ammo just to replace it at double the price, or chance not finding it. I'll shoot practice ammo instead.

In the .45 I don't have "carry" ammo, I run factory 230 grain ball. I have a shit ton of it and its all old, and I'm not replacing it either. Ill use reloads at the range.

Now some douche is gonna call me gay for shooting ball ammo for SD.......go piss up a rope.

It still seems like many are not reading the "...in your CCW" part of the question. There's an enormous difference between how old the stored carry ammo you own is versus how old the carry ammo in your gun is.

Back
Top Bottom