What's large capacity ammunition?

Isn't that the stuff designed to shoot through walls and seek out the soft spot on babies heads?
Bad news stuff.
I think the NRA sells it outside pre schools.

Clearly some kind of birdshot? [rolleyes]

Also going to take a minute to point out MIT has a rifle and pistol range on campus.

Last edited:
In context, it is most likely referring to a large capacity ammunition feeding device- which (anyone hear who lives in or is otherwise involved with) Mass should know is one capable of holding more than 10 rounds (unless for a shotgun, then it is more than 5 shells). The astute reader will also note that he was charged with possession of a large capacity weapon.

THIS is large capacity ammunition. Not sure how he stored it in a dorm room though.

300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Police searched De La Cruz’s room on Jan. 6 after receiving information stating that he may have been in possession of firearms.[/FONT]
I wonder if they got a warrant, or relied on a typical dorm contract clause "student waives all rights".

Large capacity ammunition is a term "they" have been tossing around for a while.
I first heard it watching CNN and some D congressman was all over it. Then I heard are very own Duvall use the term several times. There was a somewhat attempt to put a definition to it. I heard the phrase on another talk show and the host asked to explain what it was.
The answer would be exactly what you would expect
Any cartridge that can be used in a hi capacity magazine
Also IIRC duval wanted it tied into "military" ammuntion.
?

Heard this phrase on WBZ today... repeatedly.

Sounds like the guy was from Texas. Either didn't know he shouldn't have them and needed a license, or did but said to hell with it, 'murica.

I'm blown away that he was held without bail. People are accused of violent crimes get let out for cheap money all the time... This guy made no threats, and from the sounds of all the reports was 100% compliant and did everything right (ie no "why you hasslin me, i ain't do nothin" crap). They didn't search and find them, they asked and he handed them over.

Well, that dispenses with that pesky warrant problem.

MA is one of the few states where there's case law backing the need for a warrant to search a dorm room (whereas most states have precedent for the opposite). It says nothing about school officials, campus security or police officers bullying you into letting them in, however.

Anyone here remember the auction when Aarmco went out of business? One of the items on the roster was a shipping container full of Chinese shotgun ammo.

Don't remember that but I did buy 4 pallets of surplus 5.56 at an auction once. I think I still have some of it in Texas. Damn that was a lot of ammo. I actually slept in the barn with it the first few days just so I could crawl around on it and lay all over it. It felt good.

MA is one of the few states where there's case law backing the need for a warrant to search a dorm room (whereas most states have precedent for the opposite). It says nothing about school officials, campus security or police officers bullying you into letting them in, however.

Back as an undergrad at NU, NU campus police searched a student's dorm room (no warrant TTBOMK) and found some things that gave them reason to expel said students. They were nothing but trouble anyway so it was no great loss and none of my fellow students were sorry to see them go.

Back as an undergrad at NU, NU campus police searched a student's dorm room (no warrant TTBOMK) and found some things that gave them reason to expel said students. They were nothing but trouble anyway so it was no great loss and none of my fellow students were sorry to see them go.

So, because no one liked them, they didn't deserve to be protected against illegal search and seizure? Not sure where you were going with that post.

So, because no one liked them, they didn't deserve to be protected against illegal search and seizure? Not sure where you were going with that post.

This happened in the late 1960s. I don't know what the search and seizure rules were back then and none of us cared in this particular case. There are lots of reasons why we (collective we) were happy to see them gone. This involved an organization at the college with a student staff of about 35-40 people.

Back
Top Bottom