What we're up against

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

Urban kids have zero experience with guns unless they live in the hood, and then the experience is all bad. Their parents don't have them, probably even grandparents in many/most cases.

All they know is that they've been told from age 5 (kindergarten) that guns are bad. They are deluged by lies fed to them by anti-gun MSM and fed more lies by their political leaders.
It's up to you guys living there to educate them. Information goes a long way. The fact is that most GUN OWNERS have no concept of how bad the antis lie. Forget people who've never even held a gun in their hands.

Oh, and yes, the median IQ is 100. That means 50% of the population are &*%# idiots.

Ron White said it the best.

Ron White: If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Unfortunately, there's no IQ test at the voting booth.

I can think of a lot of proof - mostly in buildings with domes on top. [laugh]

I think that the outcome of many elections are a pretty good IQ test. Theoretically it's not possible to fail an IQ test, but we seem to have many folks who would score at the low end of the curve. [wink]

Remember one thing, most Americans are idiots.

Winston Churchill summed it up pretty well:

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

What I don't understand is....why hasn't the NRA or etc come up with a similar counter sign campaign?

For starters, the NRA is too busy pandering to take a hold of their own balls like a real man and do something that's legitimately 100% pro-RKBA.

I'm pretty sure the Second Amd. Foundation has one of those billboard trucks, though.

For starters, the NRA is too busy pandering to take a hold of their own balls like a real man and do something that's legitimately 100% pro-RKBA.

I'm pretty sure the Second Amd. Foundation has one of those billboard trucks, though.

I hope someone from goal see's this thread, we need a TV commercial or billboard. I as well as many members here would probably donate for it. Maybe we could design something.

How much do you think it would cost to run a TV ad?

I hope someone from goal see's this thread, we need a TV commercial or billboard. I as well as many members here would probably donate for it. Maybe we could design something.

How much do you think it would cost to run a TV ad?

Aren't those pretty expensive? (Billboards).
I would rather donate money to help people. For example: start a fund so that the safety class is like $10, not $120, also, cut in half the cost of their application.
A billboard won't do anything. But if you can help all the people that want a gun License but don't have the money for it, then that would make a difference. (that's just my opinion).
Smart, educated people don't just pay attention to the billboard, and if they do, then they do some research on their own.
And the stupid people that pay attention to it are just too stupid. They are the same kind of people that believe every word a politician says and believe that internet polls are always correct. There is no fixing those people.

I would rather donate money to help people. For example: start a fund so that the safety class is like $10, not $120, also, cut in half the cost of their application.
A billboard won't do anything. But if you can help all the people that want a gun License but don't have the money for it, then that would make a difference. (that's just my opinion).
Smart, educated people don't just pay attention to the billboard, and if they do, then they do some research on their own.
And the stupid people that pay attention to it are just too stupid. They are the same kind of people that believe every word a politician says and believe that internet polls are always correct. There is no fixing those people.

If we had more people getting into firearms and shooting, the more people will realize that $100-$150 for a safety course and $100 for the application fee is a bit high, maybe people will complain and get it decreased. Prob not.

But if someone I knew needed money to get their license I would try and help out, I paid for my girl to get hers.
But if they can't afford to pay the fee for the license, how are they going to buy a firearm?

And if we influenced more people in MA interested in firearms then maybe it would make it easier for us to get rid of this AG and bogus MA compliant crap. And then people on a budget and afford less expensive firearms.

Unfortunatly their billboard is doing something. It's been up there for a while now. If it was useless why would they pay for it?

A billboard would do something, just like the one that is up now is doing something. Making the ignorant more stupid and pissing everyone here off, so it IS working.

You want to "subsidize" like the government? Are you going to buy them their first hand gun too?

I think all the government handouts have corrupted you. [smile][wink]

You really don't get it do you. You do not have to be a shooter to realize there really isn't a gun store that advertises that they sell to terrorists. Anyone who believe there is, is in fact a moron. Plain and simple, not that hard to understand [thinking]
I'm gonna have to agree. Some things are just too preposterous and simply don't need explanation.

A billboard would do something, just like the one that is up now is doing something. Making the ignorant more stupid and pissing everyone here off, so it IS working.

You want to "subsidize" like the government? Are you going to buy them their first hand gun too?

I think all the government handouts have corrupted you. [smile][wink]

The gov. did not corrupt me. Lol
I just think that the best way to say F-YOU would be by helping people out. Why waste the money on a sign? So you can feel better and say "woo, there is our pro 2a sign"?
Just get a dimebag and $100 and some city kid will spray paint it black at night.

The only reason to be uneducated in this day and age is because you simply did not bother to educate yourself.

Please don't make excuses for the willfully ignorant.

The only reason to be uneducated in this day and age is because you simply did not bother to educate yourself.

Please don't make excuses for the willfully ignorant.

People, like most animals, generally act out of self interest. For non-shooters (not Antis) the self interest does not include "educating" themselves about guns and the laws pertaining to them - there's no percieved need. There are police to protect them; there is food in the stores, so there's no reason to hunt; there's football/baseball/shatever on TV for entertainment. They don't "need" guns...so therefore thay pay no attention, until there's a story on the news. And then, it's not likely to be a positive one.

As for "education" I was told at the Hunter Ed course I just took that a non-large capacity longarm has to be locked up during transport. It's a fine point, but if a "real gun teacher" has that wrong, why should a kid with no connection ot shooting have a clue about the realities of firearms ownership laws?

It is in OUR self interest to educate the ignorant, not tell them that they're sheeple or stupid.

Is an RKBA billboard the answer? Or a more one-on-one engagement? When your club hosts the local scout troop to shoot .22s, do you let the local paper know? Do you invite your state rep / senator to the range (not saying that they's accept, but at least they can't say they weren't asked) ?

It's unlikely that there will be an epiphany in the MSM and guns/shootinng will become "good" - but unless we're constantly introducing new people, we're toast.

Back
Top Bottom