"What to Do in a Shooting? Americans Stream to Classes to Learn `Run, Hide, Fight'

Yes this is the same thing I'm hearing in active shooter training. Yet they don't go into details about "how" to fight back other than to use whatever you have at hand. Which begs the question: there are appropriate tools useful for self defense, wouldn't a person want to have the most effective tools available? Even the nons start thinking here.

Hey it's a start. I applaud any movement in the direction of individuals learning to be harder targets for active shooters rather than insisting on more government control.

The thing is, most people simply aren't programmed to deal with this type of situation. So having a class where you at least discuss it, opens the doors to starting the though train on how to survive it.

If the real thing is as chaotic as the training I've been through, it's like nothing you've ever dealt with. If you pull a gun, you'll probably be shot by good guys, but at least you'll stop the threat to others.

Hey it's a start. I applaud any movement in the direction of individuals learning to be harder targets for active shooters rather than insisting on more government control.
Actually, I'd prefer to move them in the direction of a learning class where the subject and course number was;
"Shall Not Be Infringed -101"

Just sayin'

Sure - I like the Vic Tac saying M.O.V.E...... Motionless Objects Ventilate Easily... Now if they only added returning fire to the equation you would have a complete course.

Yes this is the same thing I'm hearing in active shooter training. Yet they don't go into details about "how" to fight back other than to use whatever you have at hand. Which begs the question: there are appropriate tools useful for self defense, wouldn't a person want to have the most effective tools available? Even the nons start thinking here.

They want you to fight back with staplers or 3 hole punches or tape dispencers.. these will protect and saves lives especially when faced with an AR15 or a handgun.. come on folks this isn't rocket science..

My company does not allow carry on the premises.. we are directed to run or hide or fight..

if we do actually experience an active shooter situation they may rethink this but ofcourse many may die first..

That would appear to be acceptable..

Last edited:
They want you to fight back with staplers or 3 hole punches or tape dispencers.. these will protect and saves lives especially when faced with an AR15 or a handgun.. come on folks this isn't rocket science..

My company does not allow carry on the premises.. we are directed to run or hide or fight..

if we do actually experience an active shooter situation they may rethink this but ofcourse many may die first..

That would appear to be acceptable..

yeah. That doesn't seem very practical.
Fortunately for me, I'm working from home today. Dress code is shorts, t-shirt and G17.

Back
Top Bottom